Spin and control rubbers for Gergely Tamca 5000 (2011)

This user has no status.
Hello,

I have an old blade from 2011, the Gergely Tamca 5000 and I would like to have suggestions about the rubbers suited for it.

My game has lot of looping on FH and Looping, flicks and chops on the BH. And of course I need to have some ease of control.
My regular blade is Timo Boll ALC with Tenergy 05 on FH an 64 on BH and sometimes Evolution MX/P on FH.

With Gergely I used to have Mark V on both sides. Now is the time to change it. I do not want to try things out myself and spend too much money on it. Therefore if I can get advice here I would really appreciate it.

I am considering to try Rakza 7 on FH and Tenergy 05 / Evolution MX/P on the BH.
Would it be uncontrollable speed with these rubbers ? Is there some better suited (slower?) rubbers ?
Please suggest.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Well for the kind of play you described I would not pick the TAMCA blade, it's pure carbon without arylate and not really that good for spin play. The ALC should be much better for that kind of play. If you want to play a smash/counter/block game, then by all means take the TAMCA.

Reactions: ttmonster
This user has no status.
Hej Fabian,

Thank you for the reply. As you mentioned the Tamca 5000 not really a blade for my style of play. I just happened to buy it 6 years ago and now trying to bring back some life to it since it has dead Mark V rubbers on both sides. The only reason i am trying to do this is to experiment but not at the risk of losing a lot of money. Therefore I ask this question here if anyone having looping style of play have experience or knowledge of good rubbers for the Tamca 5000 blade.
I will be glad to have some advice in this fora.

NDH

says Spin to win!
Hi DD,

I used the Schlager Carbon Tamca 5000 blade for years - It's hard to recommend a rubber for "looping, flicks and chops" on the backhand - They are all very different strokes.

Obviously Tenergy would be a great option, but it's hardly a budget rubber.

If you wanted to experiment with little cost - I'd go for cheap Chinese rubbers - They'll also be the best for covering every shot you want to do on the backhand.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2013
I would go for cheap (Chinese)rubbers. Globe 999 on the backhand and a Dawei rubber on forehand (Or both Dawei) if it's only for "fun"
Another option is Vega Pro. Goid value for the money in the tensor range. You could also pick up any medium hard tensor that's discounted. A lot of them are very similar

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
I've been using Gergery for 25 years and it's easier to loop than other butterfly carbon blades such as Schlager and Galaydia.
Used Mark V, Sriver, Vega Europe, Rasant Powergrip, Tenergy, Tackiness drive etc etc with or without speed glue and they all worked fine. Just pick any rubber within your budget.

This user has no status.
Hello,

I have an old blade from 2011, the Gergely Tamca 5000 and I would like to have suggestions about the rubbers suited for it.

My game has lot of looping on FH and Looping, flicks and chops on the BH. And of course I need to have some ease of control.
My regular blade is Timo Boll ALC with Tenergy 05 on FH an 64 on BH and sometimes Evolution MX/P on FH.

With Gergely I used to have Mark V on both sides. Now is the time to change it. I do not want to try things out myself and spend too much money on it. Therefore if I can get advice here I would really appreciate it.

I am considering to try Rakza 7 on FH and Tenergy 05 / Evolution MX/P on the BH.
Would it be uncontrollable speed with these rubbers ? Is there some better suited (slower?) rubbers ?
Please suggest.
Tamca 5000?

I give up.

Forget looping and chopping,

Attach one of these* on max, to make sure the ball dip at last minute, and,

Just drive your opponent as hard as You could to submission. [emoji48][emoji48][emoji48]

Nittaku Hammond Pro Beta
Friendship/729 Highpoint
Butterfly Roundell Soft
Stiga Calibra Tour S
JOOLA Maxxx 450

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk