11 year old David Bjorkryd vs TableTennisDaily's Dan!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Hey everyone,

During our recent visit to the Swedish Open with STIGA I challenged rising star David Bojorkryd to a 1 set showdown! David is the Swedish number 1 in the under 11's and is also the youngest player ever to qualify for the Swedish National Senior Championships! Jan Ove Waldner was 12 when he played in the Swedish National Championships!

David Bjorkryd vs Dan!

David is a promising player and a wonderful kid. I'am looking forward to watching his progress!

Stay tuned for more TableTennisDaily 1 set showdowns!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Hey everyone,

During our recent visit to the Swedish Open with STIGA I challenged rising star David Bojorkryd to a 1 set showdown! David is the Swedish number 1 in the under 11's and is also the youngest player ever to qualify for the Swedish National Senior Championships! Jan Ove Waldner was 12 when he played in the Swedish National Championships!

David Bjorkryd vs Dan!

David is a promising player and a wonderful kid. I'am looking forward to watching his progress!

Stay tuned for more TableTennisDaily 1 set showdowns!

Hahaha. This is great. Now I want to see a best of 5 or 7. :)

Good stuff. It will be fun to watch the kid progress. Just wait till he doesn't need heels to see over the edge of the table. Dan will stand no chance. :)

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
It was a good game. Very entertaining however anyone noticed a dizziness when watching the video? Was that the recording angle or just me?

Thanks Tropical, did you set the youtube video to 1080p 50 HD?

Although David has excellent fundamentals, Dan was clearly comfortable with the rally exchanges, as David had no advantage there. Would love to see a rematch after he develops more power and tactical experience.

I agree as soon as he has power ill have no chance haha!

Hahaha. This is great. Now I want to see a best of 5 or 7. :)

Good stuff. It will be fun to watch the kid progress. Just wait till he doesn't need heels to see over the edge of the table. Dan will stand no chance. :)

So true Carl! I think that will be the only time I win a set against him! Wish me luck next time :D

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
So true Carl! I think that will be the only time I win a set against him! Wish me luck next time :D

I wish my TT skills were half yours. This really was fun to watch though. That kid seems to be able to run everything down. But you were also being pretty nice. Thanks for this video. It was a treat to watch.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2017
A very enjoyable game between you and Master Bjorkryd, aka "The Kid". He has a solid punch lefty backhand to try to neutralize your stronger semihigh throw forehand loop, moves very nicely fh to bh from mid-distance, and sports a nice quick off the bounce fh counterdrive. Not only that, you and he can RALLY! Legal serves too. Refreshing.

Last edited:

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
He’s currently ranked at place 184 in Sweden which is pretty good for a 12 year old. Dan would not win the rematch.

I better get this rematch in soon just to get a few points on the scoreboard haha ;)