Joola Rhyzer 48 and 42 degrees

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Hi,
how do you find the short game with the 43? And do you think it can still be reasonably easy to play with an OFF-ish blade, maybe in reduced sponge?
I'd be interested if people had feedback regarding these new thin topsheet rubbers, coupled with thin sponges (say 1.9, maybe even less for some people) since there's already less for the ball to bite at.

Thanks.

Reactions: thomas.pong
If mxp vs rhyzer48, i would gladly take rhyzer 48 but it has.to be on a slower all wood blade like off-.

The 43 and 48 vsrsions SHOULD be in slower blades due to ther speeds unless your skill level is very high.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Yogi, is the Rhyzer 48 harder or softer than MXP? As usual US does not even get a sniff of this new rubber.

The nominal sponge hardness is pretty much identical (straight 48 to "around 47.5" degrees).

In max+ the Rhyzer feels way softer than a 2.1/2.2 (which in that case equals max) MX-P, that being down to a bit more sponge and a softer topsheet.

In 2.0, with the effect of the sponge being gone and the topsheet being thinner than that of MX-P, it could be a different thing.

The Rhyzer 48 has high throw and the 43 has medium high throw. Both are very spinny but the 48 has more potential spin than 43. In terms of blocking, the 43 is so much better because of a medium soft rubber.

I tried the Z1 Bluestorm yesterday and it was also really impressive. In fact, z1 Bluestorm is unlike any Donic rubbers I have used. The P-series were really not good and the Bluefire series were at least better than the P-series. The Bluestorm series well, this is the generation of rubbers along with Omega VII and Rhyzers that can completely outmatch MX-P. The only thing I needed to do is test the Aurus from Tibhar.

The 3 rubbers used can be classified as the Rhyzer rubbers on one extreme with the Omega VII on the other exteme side and the Z1 bluestorm as the middle rubber. Here is why:
1. the Z1 bluestorm has this power and spin better than MX-P but the Z1 seems to have better control than the Rhyzers because we tested the rubbers yesterday with the Z1 and the Rhyzers seem to be faster by a notch or 2 than the Z1. Even the softer Rhyzer 43 is still faster than the Z1 rubber. You could say that the Z1 seems to be a faster MX-P and also a bit spinnier. The topsheet feels grippier but the pip structure is shorter compared to the Rhyzer or Omega VII Pro. Still, the Z1 is very good.

2. The Omega VII is the easiest to use but in terms of speed, I still it still edges out Z1 in terms of speed but slower than Rhyzer 48 or 43. Spin seems to be more or less equal with the Z1 but it feels softer and you have to engage the sponge more in producing spin. With the Z1, thin brushes are easier to produce spin.

3. Rhyzer is still the the extremely powerful rubber here (both 43 and 48) but it needs a higher level of skills to fully use it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Hi,

The Bluestorm series well, this is the generation of rubbers along with Omega VII and Rhyzers that can completely outmatch MX-P.
Would you include the Rasanter in this list?

Also, from what you say Rhyzer 43 is faster than MX-P (with Z1 in between) but how does that feel? I mean, is it still somewhat linear /predictable in spite of the speed and relatively soft sponge? I know you've said it "requires skills", but some rubbers will perhaps reward the investment more than others. My question I guess is, whether this feels crazy just for the sake of it or would you consider it a solid choice after a period of adaptation.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2014
Its higher control by playin topspin with 43 then with 48? Does the rhyzer 43 have shorter trajectory by topspin then 48 ?

I have rhyzer 48 and finally it doesnt have so thin topsheet than bluestorm/i dont like feeling by very thin topsheet-its very uncontrolable by playing contratopsin with bh-it kicks).

48 is very good, but if the 43 is the same with higher control/i am never play topspin by 100%, i prefer slower very spinny loops for preparation to play final strong topspin/.