Dima... Tenergy Backhand rubber men's world Cup

This user has no status.
Screenshot_20180109-041408.jpg

I'm sorry if the resolution isn't that good. I took a screen shot when I saw the Butterfly logo during his backhand serve. Men's world Cup.... Dima vs Simon Gauzy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
But he actually uses a TBS / TB ALC with donic handle

Myself, I am neutral to any assumption deviating from his official statement. DONIC isn´t. You could find this on the German TT News forum. The text is much longer, but this ecerpt should do. ;)

"We are not talking about rubbers here, but it is explicitly about the topic of wood and here the company DONIC clearly states that Dimitrij Ovtcharov definitely plays one of their woods and not wood from another brand. This was communicated to us in person at a clarifying appointment with the company DONIC and there is also a clear expectation from their side that we here protect their interests and intervene when untrue allegations are made.
Because of this clear statement from the DONIC company, it simply can not be that a user claims without any evidence that this player merely plays the handles of this brand and in fact plays the wood of a competitor.

It should be understood that TT-NEWS does not take legal responsibility for posts with unsubstantiated claims from users when a company intervenes and sees reputational damage by disseminating untruths.

Since, in spite of our first attempt to sensitize all users in this regard, it has now come again, we now again clearly urge not to make any unproven claims and possibly business-damaging statements to the company DONIC

Reactions: JST and Suga D

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Nice repost Airoc. One would ask why then Donic cannot make the blade which completely suits Dima's needs (meaning including handle and whatever sealing/taping he needs) and don't market it as clearly DIMA World Ranking #1 master killer blade version 1/2/3/x. It would not only kill all these allegations but could even sell like hell (to all EJs and collectors filling TT forums like this one;) Look at Timo and BFLY: no one ever speculated about his set-up because it's absolutely evident what he plays with. Yes, we all buy mass production TB ALCs and T05s while he probably had his blade selected from many samples and T05s are "pro" version. Anyway it looks quite easy to make from manufacturer's perspective and works as great brand marketing from my point of view... Any explanation from Donic to this?;)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Not sure why the title
Dima has been using T05 for as long as I can remember

And regarding JST
yes that is correct - it is so easy for blade makers to make a total clone
heck Yinhe can do it, surely Donic (or rather Donic's supplier) can

I had Xiom make a "clone" before, but with NDA, I can't say too much :p