Blade/rubber combo recommendations for all round control and spin?

This user has no status.
I would definitely suggest to be on the safe side and since you want to try something new but not stray too far from comfortability. Go for the same blade (stiga ALL classic) and put on their the Skyline TG3 NEO domestic version get the 39 deg one. This NEO I have personally found to be the easiest to play with for the all rounded spin orientated game. That is a hard tacky rubber like your old ones. It is also very cheap too, if you don't like them its no problem really.

You could for 1 side do like it has been suggested already to put something else on and twiddle and see how you get on.

Good luck with whatever you decide bro, hope this helped

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Karis M would be right up your alley, but I don't know where you would get it in England.

I would be like Tom and say keep you same middle of the road blade (Stiga Allround) and one sheet of your familiar control rubber on BH, and try a little faster control rubber on FH. Karis M would be excellent, but again, I don't know where you would get a sheet there.

Karis M should be available from ppong.co.uk in Bolton, Greater Manchester. They describe themselves as stockists of Andro, DHS, Nexy, and Yinhe.

(This is my first post, so I cannot post a link.)

Later,

John

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Hey John, cool you registered. Need need 5 or 10 posts before ttc allows pics and vids in ur posts... kinda like built in spam protection.

One sale of a sheet of rubber is not gunna break me or the outfit you just named.

Karis would be great, but there are so many possible rubbers for the task, it should be right for a vendor to discuss them.

Cole in USA is a good example of a vendor who talks about more than what he sells, great person he is.

We all pretty much have a good enough bullcrap filter to sort through things.

Hope to see you post more now and in future.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Hey John, cool you registered. Need need 5 or 10 posts before ttc allows pics and vids in ur posts... kinda like built in spam protection.

One sale of a sheet of rubber is not gunna break me or the outfit you just named.

Karis would be great, but there are so many possible rubbers for the task, it should be right for a vendor to discuss them.
Thank you for the welcome. I quite understand the five-post restriction on including URLs. In several decades on the Internet, I have seen all too many first postings’ being flagrant pieces of advertising. And, whatever TV news reports say about AI taking over the World, it requires a profound understanding of language to distinguish between information and self-advertisement.

This thread first attracted my attention because I recognized the OP’s bat. Returning to table tennis recently — and buying my first bat since the 1970s — I have surfed across many solutions to “the first custom bat for a developing player”. As you imply, there are as many possible blades and rubbers for that task as there are equipment retailers. My current bat is the solution offered to me by Jarvis Sports in Cambridge. Custom Table Tennis in West Yorkshire makes up Stiga Allround Classic blades with Kokutaku 868 rubbers, and sells them on amazon.co.uk.

The second thing that attracted my attention is that the OP has found it difficult to acclimatize to Yasaka Mark V rubbers. That could be me in a year or so, so I have squirreled away the idea of Nexy Karis M as a possible alternative for when I get there.

Later,

John

Reactions: thomas.pong