Master TTD Member Country: Nigeria

Equipment:
      Blade Tibhar Inca
      Forehand Rubber Tibhar Evolution MX-S 1.9
      Backhand Rubber Tibhar Evolution MX-S 1.9

Reviews
      Read 15 Reviews
      Liked 9,976 Times in 4,345 Posts
      Cobra Kai TT Exponent - No mercy in this dojo, no matter your rating or the score. Finally playing with a fast blade and loving it.

2. The Following 2 Users Like NextLevel's Post:

Andy44 (04-05-2018),Suga D (01-15-2018)

3. Top | #22
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: United States

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 45 Times in 24 Posts
      I've been losing tackiness in my 2 week old tg3 neo, and I almost panicked thinking I lost the very purpose of why I bought it... for its tackiness!!

I followed the instructions to clean with water after playing, and cover with plastic. Unfortunately, this did not fully solve the issue. I did a lot of searching, and ran into suggestions on using cleaning solutions, lemon juice, etc.... but I was a bit averse to that, so I tried the thin layer of water approach.

After rubbing dirt off with water, I leave the water on the rubber, and cover the sheet slowly over the rubber, going from bottom to top, as if you are gluing rubber. This prevents air gaps in the sheet and a contiguous layer of water.

When you are ready to play, just wipe the water off, and wave to dry. The tackiness comes back as if it were new! I was pretty happy, because without the tack, you need deeper contact with the rubber/sponge to get the type of grip to make spinny loops, or to loop backspin. With the tack, it's so much easier and spinnier too

Just wanted to share it here. Bye now!!

4. The Following 3 Users Like watcher's Post:

bobpuls (04-05-2018),Simas (04-11-2018),Suga D (04-05-2018)

5. Top | #23
      This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member Country: Europe
      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Offensive Classic
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
      Backhand Rubber Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 121 Times in 84 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post
      I've been losing tackiness in my 2 week old tg3 neo, and I almost panicked thinking I lost the very purpose of why I bought it... for its tackiness!!

I followed the instructions to clean with water after playing, and cover with plastic. Unfortunately, this did not fully solve the issue. I did a lot of searching, and ran into suggestions on using cleaning solutions, lemon juice, etc.... but I was a bit averse to that, so I tried the thin layer of water approach.

After rubbing dirt off with water, I leave the water on the rubber, and cover the sheet slowly over the rubber, going from bottom to top, as if you are gluing rubber. This prevents air gaps in the sheet and a contiguous layer of water.

When you are ready to play, just wipe the water off, and wave to dry. The tackiness comes back as if it were new! I was pretty happy, because without the tack, you need deeper contact with the rubber/sponge to get the type of grip to make spinny loops, or to loop backspin. With the tack, it's so much easier and spinnier too

Just wanted to share it here. Bye now!!
      That's interesting. First time I am hearing about putting the protective sheet on the wet rubber, then before the match removing it and waving the racket till the rubbers are dry. Out of curiosity, I'll give it a try

6. Top | #24
      This user has no status.

TTD Member Country: United States

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 45 Times in 24 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Simas View Post
      That's interesting. First time I am hearing about putting the protective sheet on the wet rubber, then before the match removing it and waving the racket till the rubbers are dry. Out of curiosity, I'll give it a try
      I've been using this method every day since. It's tackier now than when I first removed the plastic sheet when new. I'm afraid perhaps I am shortening the lifespan of the rubber (I have no proof it does though...), but if I had to choose between this and having only half the tackiness for a longer duration, I'd much rather have this and get another sheet sooner.

I'm wondering if YMMV depending on the water. I live in California, and use water from the faucet. If it makes any difference :P

7. The Following User Likes watcher's Post:

dominus7 (04-12-2018)

8. Top | #25
      This user has no status.

Advanced TTD Member Country: Chile

Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 40 Times in 35 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by watcher View Post
      I've been using this method every day since. It's tackier now than when I first removed the plastic sheet when new. I'm afraid perhaps I am shortening the lifespan of the rubber (I have no proof it does though...), but if I had to choose between this and having only half the tackiness for a longer duration, I'd much rather have this and get another sheet sooner.

I'm wondering if YMMV depending on the water. I live in California, and use water from the faucet. If it makes any difference :P
      I've a H3N and didn't know how to prolong the lifetime tackiness I'll try it too!!!

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12