How Can We Protect Female Players From Larry Nasser Types In Table Tennis?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Indeed you are.
I don't know. Honestly, I feel berndt is pretty brutal, if not the cruelest of 'em all.

You see, when someone goes to great lengths flogging a dead horse to its 1000th death, that's my definition of brutal, brutal to the horse and himself, seeing in the process he has to disguise the same message behind multiple walls of different text at every chance he gets, as people learn to ignore them and unfortunately, that drives many people away(there're exceptions) from the very thing he is defending.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2017
I don't know. Honestly, I feel berndt is pretty brutal, if not the cruelest of 'em all.

You see, when someone goes to great lengths flogging a dead horse to its 1000th death, that's my definition of brutal, brutal to the horse and himself, seeing in the process he has to disguise the same message behind multiple walls of different text at every chance he gets, as people learn to ignore them and unfortunately, that drives many people away(there're exceptions) from the very thing he is defending.

Cats are said to have nine lives, but I am not aware that an already dead horse could be flogged to its 1000th death. Have you any experience, zeio, through either having seen this or having tried this yourself?

Multiple walls of different text? One thousand of them? The cruelest of them all? More cruel than Mao Zedong or Chin Shih Huang Di or the Duke of Chou? Surely you jest, although with an excellent command of my native language. Defense of honesty in pong, or at least an admission of hell yeah I boost and I serve illegally and I don’t give a tinker’s damn who knows it?

Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to go out into the cool Tucsonan desert west of S. 16th Ave. to cut the rattles off of rattlesnakes and the wings from hummingbirds.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Jan 2018
Cats are said to have nine lives, but I am not aware that an already dead horse could be flogged to its 1000th death. Have you any experience, zeio, through either having seen this or having tried this yourself?

Multiple walls of different text? One thousand of them? The cruelest of them all? More cruel than Mao Zedong or Chin Shih Huang Di or the Duke of Chou? Surely you jest, although with an excellent command of my native language. Defense of honesty in pong, or at least an admission of hell yeah I boost and I serve illegally and I don’t give a tinker’s damn who knows it?

Now if you’ll excuse me I’m going to go out into the cool Tucsonan desert west of S. 16th Ave. to cut the rattles off of rattlesnakes and the wings from hummingbirds.
Yes, of course, I have seen it.

Here is the trailer of the movie, loosely adapted from Japanese visual novel "All You Need Is Kill". Scientology icon Tom Cruise is the male lead where he has to die repeatedly and relived the same day over and over again for a lost cause. I think you'll like it.

Though brutal as it is, it's no match for the legendary Japanese visual novel "Gantz". Cruel is an understatement. This one I fear is perhaps too much for seniors. It's not good for the heart and mind.

For something less violent, but with a heavy plot, I'd recommend the anime Steins;Gate, adapted from a game with the same title, in which the male lead has to save his beloved friends from dying after he inadvertently invented the time machine, where they had to suffer thousands of death, oh BTW, in all kinds of manner, until he figured out the cause.

It's time to catch the Team World Cup. Gotta go. See ya.

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Also brutal for tbe club used in the flogging.

This user has no status.
This useless thread is still alive? Guess it has nothing to do with this case here but in South Germany every person in sports that has something to do with child-coaching or -training has to sign some kind of code of honour and submit a criminal record certificate to the club since the beginning of 2018.

Code of honour is useless but the CRC-check is a good thing in my opinion.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2017
Then we can all give thanks to a benevolent unseen overseer.

Thank you, benevolent unseen overseer.

Tell you what, Baal. From one idiot to another, what say you and I get together at some little honky took in Houstown for a drink or two. Make mine a sarsaoarilla, I’ll spring for an Arrogant Bastard for you. Should we want any more libations, you go for the tab.

Oh yeah. I really want to see that 12-gallon Stetson of yours. Should fit your noggin real nice.

Now where was this thread before it ran plumb off the tracks? Oh yeah, Safesport. Put me down as foresquare for keeping our sport safe from Larry Nasser types. I don’t think that Larry Nasser types are presently a problem in table tennis, but I reckon you can’t be too careful these days.

Ganbei,

Your lil’ ole buddy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
This useless thread is still alive? Guess it has nothing to do with this case here but in South Germany every person in sports that has something to do with child-coaching or -training has to sign some kind of code of honour and submit a criminal record certificate to the club since the beginning of 2018.

Code of honour is useless but the CRC-check is a good thing in my opinion.

We have it in the US too, I just did my submissions today. We have to watch some training videos and do some quizzes and get a background check. Otherwise, if your club lists you, the club will be USATT-sanctioned.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
And it looks like the hijacking is in full gear. Remarkable this hijacking occurred without Der_Echte's hijinks.
Who sez Der_Echte is the only one to pull a Hello Jack of a thread... Berndt and others know how to skin that cat too... Why deprive them of due credit?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: berndtjgmann
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Take this thread to Cuba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or else.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Uh-Oh...

Now we got a case "Crying Wolf" as Americans would say, in the national news.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/no-jail-texas-teen-lied-202854635.html

The report says a woman entered a church wearing no pants and stated she was kidnapped and abused by three masked men.

Her story to police and physical evidence were not consistent to say the least. She soon confessed (and made plea agreement with the DA soon afterwards) that she made it all up after being upset about some argument with fiancee.

I would say that there are double digit plus times more cases of unreported abuse that actually happened, but this is one good reason to keep checks and balances in a system.

As for the expected no prison sentence... I wasn't there and do not know all the facts. If there was no good description enough to cause police (or old school parents) to surprise raid, shoot it out, beet 'em up and bring 'em in kind of stuff, then there wasn't anything there to merit jail, just the admin costs of the police/courts.

Now in this case, she falsely accused three minority males... on one level, this could have been prosecuted as a hate crime in some places. On any level this is serious wrong.

One immediate reaction from a lot of guys (and a few gals) is to demand that false accusers swiftly and strongly get punished.

I would say some restraint ought to be in order. Think, if your daughter got abused and has concerns if anyone would believe her, especially from hard-nosed aggressive police and lawyers... then this is ONE of the things that influence one abused to not report the abuse.

We should be a little balanced in the approach with consideration... and reserve pursuit of this in an extreme blatant obvious easy to prove situation.