Moving to Deutschland to train. Need recommendation on coaching academy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Hello everyone.

I will be moving to Germany by end of this year . Sole purpose of my decision is to get better in Table Tennis in all aspects.

I have been playing Table Tennis from past 20 odd years. My level of play is above intermediate. Current training schedule is as below:

Weekdays - 2 hours,
Friday , Saturday , Sunday - 3- 4 hours each. Training session includes personal one-on-one coaching, multiball, serve practice, matches etc. Once in a month we have a league.

I have looked at the existing threads which had similar questions , exmple - https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/forum/showthread.php?15108-TT-in-Germany&highlight=CLubs+Germany

Difference in my case is, my reason to move / relocate to Germany is only for Table Tennis.

Could you please provide specific links of training academy where one can get trained on a daily basis. I am willing to put 4-8 hours a day if not more.

Cheers !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
https://www.borussia-duesseldorf.com/tt-schule/die-tt-schule/

https://www.zugbruecke.de/de/Wellnesshotel-Zugbrücke-Grenzau/Butterfly-Tischtennis-Schule/4/

those 2 are probably the best / among the best in Germany. Usually you go there for 3-5 days, you will have to ask for a long term subscription.

Thanks Fabian. I will be considering the cost of living also , so would like to explore as many options as possible before i move.

What about other cities such as Berlin, Munich,Nuremburg etc?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Well Düsseldorf is surely the capitol of table tennis in Germany, lots of clubs as well, you can watch Bundesliga and Champions League and in general there are many high level players. It's not the cheapest city though. I don't know much about other table tennis schools though.
You could also try to become member in a club and organize your own training with a coach by the way.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Cheaper doesn't always have to mean better.
For instance: most people in Germany speak english, so....

Tischtenniser said:
Moving to Deutschland to train. Need recommendation on coaching academy.
Hello everyone.

I will be moving to Germany by end of this year . Sole purpose of my decision is to get better in Table Tennis in all aspects.

I have been playing Table Tennis from past 20 odd years. My level of play is above intermediate. Current training schedule is as below:

Weekdays - 2 hours,
Friday , Saturday , Sunday - 3- 4 hours each. Training session includes personal one-on-one coaching, multiball, serve practice, matches etc. Once in a month we have a league.

I have looked at the existing threads which had similar questions , exmple - https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/for...=CLubs+Germany

Difference in my case is, my reason to move / relocate to Germany is only for Table Tennis.

Could you please provide specific links of training academy where one can get trained on a daily basis. I am willing to put 4-8 hours a day if not more.

Cheers

You can also check out
www.qiutts.de
or
www.topspin-sport.de

And a few more...

But Tony isn't completely wrong.
Life in Germany isn't cheap but there are areas that are more expensive like Munich area, and areas where it's much cheaper.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Hello everyone.

Cheers !

OP, can you explain something for me: what are your goals in TT and how it is all going to work?

* Are you planning to make a living by playing TT? If not, how are you planning to combine daily training with, you know, a job? Or are you all set financially and can do pretty much anything you want (I'm somewhat jealous, if so...)?

* If you played for 20+ years that likely means you are around 30 years old. If you are above intermediate now, what level are you planning to achieve?

* Knowing how immigration works, Germany might have something to say about your desire just to 'move there' - can you do it? Your profile shows that you are from India, for what it's worth. Or did you mean that you will be visiting Germany for a couple of weeks to get training (obviously different from 'moving/relocating to Germany' on a permanent basis )?

Just curious...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
OP, can you explain something for me: what are your goals in TT and how it is all going to work?

* Are you planning to make a living by playing TT? If not, how are you planning to combine daily training with, you know, a job? Or are you all set financially and can do pretty much anything you want (I'm somewhat jealous, if so...)?

* If you played for 20+ years that likely means you are around 30 years old. If you are above intermediate now, what level are you planning to achieve?

* Knowing how immigration works, Germany might have something to say about your desire just to 'move there' - can you do it? Your profile shows that you are from India, for what it's worth. Or did you mean that you will be visiting Germany for a couple of weeks to get training (obviously different from 'moving/relocating to Germany' on a permanent basis )?

Just curious...

+1 (was about to ask pretty much the same things...)

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Coach O is near Dortmund... he just took selfie with dima, check him out.

I made a thread about German coach.
2a8aca9b47298b52bd4b7ae0767be727.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
I think there are many that is harsh on OP's motive on why he is going
One answer is enough to answer everyone - passion.

Yes, it may cost tons of money
Yes, it may be a complete waste of time (he is 20 years too late to start training)
But I know there is a lot of older guys - even vets that go to China or Taiwan to train full time - as they didn't have a chance to do it before and want to do it now.
same word - passion

For example, Taiwan's Co-OP bank, President - (I practiced with him a few times).
Since he sponsors Chuang Chih Yuan and Co, his practice partners are all Chinese Taipei national players
He is near retirement and loves the sport and trains as much as he can given his busy "corporate" schedule

I even know a group of Vets in Taiwan that travels around the world to take part in Vets tournaments - again they didn't have a chance to do it when younger and now take it has part of they life.

I guess sports does make people "insane"

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I think there are many that is harsh on OP's motive on why he is going
One answer is enough to answer everyone - passion.

Yes, it may cost tons of money
Yes, it may be a complete waste of time (he is 20 years too late to start training)
But I know there is a lot of older guys - even vets that go to China or Taiwan to train full time - as they didn't have a chance to do it before and want to do it now.
same word - passion

For example, Taiwan's Co-OP bank, President - (I practiced with him a few times).
Since he sponsors Chuang Chih Yuan and Co, his practice partners are all Chinese Taipei national players
He is near retirement and loves the sport and trains as much as he can given his busy "corporate" schedule

I even know a group of Vets in Taiwan that travels around the world to take part in Vets tournaments - again they didn't have a chance to do it when younger and now take it has part of they life.

I guess sports does make people "insane"

I'm not harsh - I am jealous (in a good way)! No, really - and if that's what he's trying to do, then I want to hear more, so that's why I wanted to understand how he plans to go about it. Perhaps I'll follow... :rolleyes:

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018

Just curious...

I'm not harsh - I am jealous (in a good way)! No, really - and if that's what he's trying to do, then I want to hear more, so that's why I wanted to understand how he plans to go about it. Perhaps I'll follow... :rolleyes:

@pgpg,
Your questions are very well valid. I have given due thoughts on these and only then arrived to my current decision.

Financial aspect:
I have been on a reasonably well paying job for about 7 years now and with no other commitments i have done sufficient savings. Besides, i do have a close family member settled in Germany. I suppose, this is sufficient to get me started.

Immigration aspect:
Thanks to my current job and its global presence, i have the freedom to pick up any city and work there. We do have a significant presence in Germany. Fortunately , my job doesn't require an everyday "visit" to office. I work pretty much 2-3 days at home (VPN) . Hence , i will be working , but i can balance my training and job very well.

Level of playing:
I believe i have a good basics and with regards to fitness i do maintain a strict regime already. I plan to join a club and start from absolute bottom and work my way up.
In India, we do not have USATT systems, so i cannot give exact measure of my level. May be , i can show a video of me playing :)

Bottom line, i have figured the how , why part of my decision already. The question is when i can move and where in Germany i can play.

To quote Mark Twain here
[h=1]“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”[/h]I have found the answer to the why part.

"Age is an issue of Mind over Matter. If you don't mind, then it doesn't matter"

This isn't a decision that i taken out of thin air. Sufficient background work is behind this...

All i am looking for now is a place where i can train to my maximum potential and a coach who can guide me.