This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
Mizutani said after the match in the press conference:

"I've played against many Chinese players and I feel that Harimoto is in the same level as them. If today's display was his norm, I don't think I'll ever beat him again."

"I'm glad I won many National Championships before Harimoto comes. Definitely the toughest match in the Nat champs."

says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
I used to like Jun Mizutani very much until he did the unsportsmanship manner in front of the Chinese team coach, I wish I could have a chance to ask him why he did that.I don,t think he would do such things., but he did I saw it on line many times

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2011
I used to like Jun Mizutani very much until he did the unsportsmanship manner in front of the Chinese team coach, I wish I could have a chance to ask him why he did that.I don,t think he would do such things., but he did I saw it on line many times
What did he do?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sep 2016
He did not go to shake hand with anybody , he shout in front of the Chinese team and put both his hand up , punching the air aggressively . And he said he will and the Japanese team will beat the Chinese at Olympic .
What did he do?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
I'm not sure Mizutani has the right attitude when facing Harimoto. Felt almost the same in this match as during WTTC, where he clearly underperformed. He stands there pretending to be composed while the kid shouts at the top of his lungs in his face. But he looks tense, mentally blocked and slow. That pisses me off just watching.

Look at the beginning of the 5th set (Mizutani down 3 sets to 1), it's a breeze: Mizutani suddenly starting to play. He's much faster, smooth, and he goes for the shots. He's in the lead 6-1, 7-2 and without much surprise he is cho-ing and smiling all throughout instead of having this stupid big bro attitude. Then he goes back to whatever it is he was doing before, still wraps up the game 11-4 or something and rightfully loses the next one.

Well, if you don't care enough about winning, go ahead and lose. But for sure Chinese players won't do this weak hearted rubbish. /rant off

ps. No disrespect for the world-class skill of these players. It's just about Mizutani's attitude against Harimoto.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
I did not know that Jun Mizutani had won the past 9 Japanese national championships straight! And along comes Tomo! Oops.

There is tons of weird stuff going on in the Japan-China sports world these days. I have heard the China table tennis leaders have refused to have any more Japanese players in the Super League. That's a little severe considering it's only an hour plane ride, and Japanese players are super popular in China (a bunch of them look like cute anime characters)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
He did not go to shake hand with anybody , he shout in front of the Chinese team and put both his hand up , punching the air aggressively . And he said he will and the Japanese team will beat the Chinese at Olympic .

one should ask if the chinese are 100% fair before questioning jun's manners. it was the olympics and he managed to beat XX a player henever won against before. besides who knows if he just was excited and taken away by the moment. ZJK also didnt shake ML's hand in 2012 but that does not mean he had a beef against ML

p.s. I didnt see any public scolding or reprimanding on yu ziyangs behavior when he clearly cheated a ball against jun. So guys please dont be one sided and check the other side of the coin also

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Don't forget, Jun is 28, and Tomo will be 23 years old 9 years from now...

How am I forgetting?

We have to acknowledge/not forget that MJ winning 9 National Championships is incredible. And that Tomo winning his first All Japan is incredible, especially at 14. And while we acknowledge that Tomo has an even more incredible potential given his age and what he's already achieved, that isn't to say he will for sure achieve everything he hasn't achieved yet or others have done before him. I hope he will, but one success at a time... And while I highly praise Tomo, I don't want to take away from MJ's career.

Last edited:
Sep 2016
I am not one sided, that was the reason I said I wish I could have a chance to ask him. Also over excited does not mean he could do everything , and said afterward they can beat the Chinese team in Olimpic next time. If it was over excited, he would still go to shake hand with the Chinese team and coach as everybody does after the match.
one should ask if the chinese are 100% fair before questioning jun's manners. it was the olympics and he managed to beat XX a player henever won against before. besides who knows if he just was excited and taken away by the moment. ZJK also didnt shake ML's hand in 2012 but that does not mean he had a beef against ML

p.s. I didnt see any public scolding or reprimanding on yu ziyangs behavior when he clearly cheated a ball against jun. So guys please dont be one sided and check the other side of the coin also

Sep 2016
I think he deliberately lost to the kids twice, it was obvious, but it is acceptable, he likes to help the kids to his career. Actually it is very nice of him. I still think he is a good player and good guy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
I am not one sided, that was the reason I said I wish I could have a chance to ask him. Also over excited does not mean he could do everything , and said afterward they can beat the Chinese team in Olimpic next time. If it was over excited, he would still go to shake hand with the Chinese team and coach as everybody does after the match.

dont confuse ur opinion with the actual truth. We are both making assumptions. He can say whatever he wants to say I dont see any bad manners on expressing his thought on a future win against china. What you say applies to the chinese behavior also, and there are many players that misbehaved in the CNT. ZJK liang jingkun, ma lin, yu ziyang chen qi ...so 1 neglection of a hand shake is not a big of an issue here.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2017
Did anybody notice the huge audience present in the stadium. Wow I did not see such attendance for a TT tournament for a long time.
I hope the turnout for the World Team cup finals on Feb 25 on Sunday in the 2012 olympics hall in Copper Box Arena in London, where tickets are already sold out, has a good crowd too. copper box.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012

I think that you are wrong, He shout and put both his hand up in front of his supporters, and Jun touch hands with Xu Xin and handshake with Liu Guoliang

youtube.com/watch?v=zDUDQItSo2Y