New Equipment 2018

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Where can i find information on this?
Here are some pics from baidu and weibo.

nostalgic 7.jpgnostalgic 4.jpgnostalgic 10.jpg

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Nostalgic 7 looks like a clone of Hadraw SR. Same Wenge top-ply?

I'm not sure, but the looks of that outer layer bear a canning resemblance to my dear departed Kjell Johansson Offensive Wood, memory serving. That would certainly explain the "Nostalgic" monniker. I think that was a walnut outer veneer, though.

And that would make it a very respectable blade IMHO. Truly nostalgic would be to reintroduce the late lamented elliptical/conical handle, of course.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
, linear in what way?

Linear rubbers behave more or less the same (as the player expects) no matter how fast the ball/racket are going. So more or less all speeds:

Small increase in racket speed = small increase in spin/speed
Big increase in racket speed = big increase in spin/speed

Flagship modern euro/jap rubbers tend to be non-linear; Karis and Mx-S are among the exceptions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
Yu's blog has some interesting stuff today from a spring exhibition. Victas Dyna 7, VO>103, V>15 Stiff, TSP Super Ventus, an "adsorption sheet" (with activated carbon) to control humidity, and....Butterfly Cookies.

http://world-tt.com/blog/yu/

Also, some more pictures of Stiga Nostalgic blades (they do look nice) and Genesis II, also some LP rubbers made in conjunction with Shiono:

http://taku-tsu.jp/content/?p=7800

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
I am waiting for Victas release something wilder than V>15 Extra...
Though probably I would try it only on BH side...now thinking about going back to H3. I am playing with Gewo Hype 47.5 KR since a while now, and I have mixed feelings. It's good, but it isn't a spin/speed monster like MX-P, less spinny than EL-S too. It's not a problem, you can generate sufficient spin with it, but I had to adjust my technique and sometimes behaves differently than what I expect. Simply needs different touch to play efficiently. I tend to think I am a good server, but first my serves had no quality. After a month I can control it well and it's spinnier than an MX-P on serves. Though not every type of serve works well with it.