Tibhar AKKAD - New blade Designed by Nexy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I liked the Akkad when I first used it. But over time, for whatever reason, it felt light and hollow and I couldn't stick with it. I preferred the Arche for example. The Akkad is a really unique blade - great handle construction. I think my body slowed down and I started looking for faster stuff to deal with the plastic ball so it started to feel really slow to me.

Reactions: MOG and Der_Echte

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Der_Echte

Next Level I know you used to really enjoy the Force Pro.
If I said I feel like the Force Pro is still good with the old balls like Joola Flash, Xuashaofa, but I am not sure about the plastic balls, sometimes it seems to lack a bit of power for them.

Do you think the Akkad might be a little more relevant for the plastic ball? Maybe just kick out a bit quicker?
I don't want quicker with flex like I would get with an off 5 ply, I need to keep the stiffness on backhand?

And I cant handle Force Pro black or clipper they just seem to rigid and long flat trajectory blades.

Where I play some tournaments and leagues use old balls, whilst others use newer ABS plastic balls, I need a Force Pro for the plastic ball.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
As you can see in this review:

https://ttgearlab.com/2018/11/03/tibhar-akkad-overview-lab-test/

The main benefit of the Akkad was that it feels very linear. If you like the comparison blades in that video, go for it. But for what I do now, it would be a snail. Carbonado 245 is not that fast when looping to be honest, but at least, it gets me closer to where I need to be. I used all wood blades for a long time, but at some point, if you need to get the ball moving, you need a faster blade. The Mazunov was great but too heavy on the whole. I suspect since you use Thin sponged pips, you can get away with this stuff. But I am a topspin player so I need something that makes the ball move no matter where I hit the ball from.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Thanks, it sounds about right for me, I love linear blades, although I only realised it recently.
I can only use carbon blades if I am the better player. I block and counter quite a lot and would lose control with the stuff you use I think these days.

And you are definitely a better player than me!!

As you can see in this review:

https://ttgearlab.com/2018/11/03/tibhar-akkad-overview-lab-test/

The main benefit of the Akkad was that it feels very linear. If you like the comparison blades in that video, go for it. But for what I do now, it would be a snail. Carbonado 245 is not that fast when looping to be honest, but at least, it gets me closer to where I need to be. I used all wood blades for a long time, but at some point, if you need to get the ball moving, you need a faster blade. The Mazunov was great but too heavy on the whole. I suspect since you use Thin sponged pips, you can get away with this stuff. But I am a topspin player so I need something that makes the ball move no matter where I hit the ball from.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The main benefit of the Akkad was that it feels very linear. If you like the comparison blades in that video, go for it. But for what I do now, it would be a snail.

Hehe triple hehe, I used Nittaku Mono (gift from TTD memebr erm) all wood OFF class balde, and when I had to use the Akkad, it was noticeably slower.

I saw the same thing.

Afte using some of Nate's wood blades, Akkad feels slower. I could of course still take it out of bag sight unseen and succeeed with it, but I fully agree with what you observe.

This user has no status.
Thanks for tip about white wenge, I didn't know this wood. I tried Akkad several times (with Stiga Mantra M and Fastarc G1). It is an interesting blade - not a typical weapon for loopers, I would say that it could be used by aggressive allrounders. It is stiffer than Tibhar Forece Pro Blue, Persson Power Play or DHS Power G7. However, it is slower than Black Force Pro or Yasaka Extra Special. It provides more precise response from a ball, when you hit it harder, than typical limba-ayous-ayous-ayous-ayous-ayous-limba blade.
Funny thing is that Akkad was chosen by 2 players looking for a new blade (young boy, quickly improving, playing with Korbel and 40y old guy after 9years pauze). I offered them several paddles, all-wood and composites, they tested it but Akkad was obviously most comfortable for them. Perhaps if you appreciate accuracy in your play and you prefer a blade with no wild surprises, then Akkad could be your choice.

BTW - I had a square ST handle, but my friend ordered flared one for himself and I had to admit that this FL handle is beautifully crafted. I didn't want to give this paddle out of my hand :D

I didn't try Chinese rubbers on it, perhaps it could be better than FastArc G1 on FH.

Reactions: MOG

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
And now for something completely different.

New blade and new rubber.

Hurricane Neo Pro Orange 40 degree

akkad front.jpg

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Honeymoon period! Enjoy it lol!
NL!

I am actually still using this combination and playing very well (for me) except in humidity. The spin I get really helps me and now I have adjusted a little to the Hurricane my control and consistency is really a lot higher than it has been ever possibly, I actually have rallies sometimes, and even more than that sometimes I win them. :):):)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
NL!

I am actually still using this combination and playing very well (for me) except in humidity. The spin I get really helps me and now I have adjusted a little to the Hurricane my control and consistency is really a lot higher than it has been ever possibly, I actually have rallies sometimes, and even more than that sometimes I win them. :):):)
I will believe it when your profile reflects it!

• Haha
Reactions: MOG