akkad 4.jpg

akkad 5.jpg
(pics by Gongryong at Tak9 Cafe)

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The Arche was essentially a Kim Jung Hoon 7 ply with one side different outer and lighter overall by 5 grams average (maybe by burning the core some more), maybe a touch more solid.

Go ahead and place your winning bets Oscar (Nexy Korea President Moon Ui Bae) will come on the forums and give a long spiel about what caused him to design it, what his concepts were, and why this is different from what is around. Being different isn't exactly producing world beating sales given the overall small market for TT goods and long entrenched (in minds of buyers) positions of larger companies, but his brand of different is good - both for the sport and for consumers.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Go ahead and place your winning bets Oscar (Nexy Korea President Moon Ui Bae) will come on the forums and give a long spiel about what caused him to design it, what his concepts were, and why this is different from what is around.

Yea I am really looking forward to hearing his explanation. Especially, about the Akkadian or Sumerian words on its surface.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
BTW, it DOES look a lot like Rubicon, except maybe for the darker core. What's the thickness of Akkad? Rubicon is 5.9mm.

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
it does not look like 7 ply blade .... according to this bad photos it looks like core is made from multiple ply of wood . but i can be wrong ... maybe 10 ply blade ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
I thought exactly the same thing as Bobpuls, it looks like 4 layers of core. Maybe it look this way because of the burning?!?
Not sure about the top ply either, it's a very close grain, it may have been stained which makes it even harder to tell. I'd be very interested to know. I got to see some of the Nexy blades up close last week, they are really well made and look impressive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Is this uvungkol?
Some testers are guessing it is an European version of Rubicon. In my opinion its top-ply looks very similar to that of JOOLA Maya and Donic Balsa Carbo Fibre/Fleece which is Yaya(=Lati=White Wenge), so I agree with arg0.

akkad 7.jpg

(pic by jw at Tak9 Cafe)

maya 2.jpgbalsa carbo fibre.jpgbalsa carbo fleece.jpg

What's the thickness of Akkad?
I asked one of the testers about it and received a picture. It looks around 5.9~6.0mm.

akkad 10.jpg

(pic by jw at Tak9 Cafe)

it does not look like 7 ply blade .... according to this bad photos it looks like core is made from multiple ply of wood . but i can be wrong ... maybe 10 ply blade ?
I thought exactly the same thing as Bobpuls, it looks like 4 layers of core. Maybe it look this way because of the burning?!?
Better quality pictures here.

akkad 8.jpgakkad 9.jpg

(pics by jw at Tak9 Cafe)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Some testers are guessing it is an European version of Rubicon. In my opinion its top-ply looks very similar to that of JOOLA Maya and Donic Balsa Carbo Fibre/Fleece which is Yaya(=Lati=White Wenge), so I agree with arg0.

View attachment 15488

(pic by jw at Tak9 Cafe)

View attachment 15485View attachment 15495View attachment 15496

I asked one of the testers about it and received a picture. It looks around 5.9~6.0mm.

View attachment 15487

(pic by jw at Tak9 Cafe)

Better quality pictures here.

View attachment 15489View attachment 15490

(pics by jw at Tak9 Cafe)

Lati - interesting. A quick search shows that although it's also called white wenge it has very different properties that the normal wenge. It's lighter and softer, somewhere between walnut and ash. Similar grain structure though. I really do like it when manufacturers use different woods.

Thanks for the info.

As for the core, these new pictures do suggest one piece to me.