Tibhar AKKAD - New blade Designed by Nexy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Ordered !

I ordered it !
Not a reasonable buy, but i was hypnotized by the nexy arche and kjh reviews. I hope i'll like the flared handle for my big palm.
I'm a bit anxious to not see anymoree the ttgearlab review online. What could it mean ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
ttgearlab also "deleted" the Nexy Karis review. I think it's a thing between ttgearlab and nexy.

oh, thanks Chrym. So i'm not crazy !
Is there any backup of both reviews somewhere ?

It may be related to tibhar territory, and his partnership with nexy.
I hope the blades on the market are the same that ttgearlab has tested.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
First test with tibhar mx-s was not conclusive, strange sound, lack of power and spin, mushy feeling.
New test with chinese dynamic rubbers, vip 2018 and battle 2. This setup is well better. No more strange sound, linear behavior, middle low but enough power. I found the blade really flexible with medium hard outer ply... Large sweetspot... but still able of precise hard shot also. Short game is easy. Lack of spin on hard contact services, lack of spin on hard pushes.
I like the handle a lot, nearly perfect for my hand.
Battle 2 h36 was nearly perfect on this blade, but blade too soft for the boosted tuttle vip (h39) given semi mushy result. Conclusion is that dynamic chinese rubber of 45 deg on esn scale is the best choice.
Testing to continue...

Reactions: Choosikick
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The Akkad finally became available in Korea USA markets.. Of course I brought one to the club... where a certain member tried it out and it sees to be stuck to his playing hand.

I could write a lengthy review, but will keep it real short.

Akkad feels right. Plays faster in most shots than KJH, but spin and high arc are there. I have been playing the Persson Power Play 6 months, got adjusted to it and I can use the Akkad and miss nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
The blade is not a brick. It is solid, but you can have some dwell with a dynamic rubber, enough on a fast loop to strike it well with good spin. I cannot explain well how I can feel the ball better with Akkad than a lot of other fast blades in its class.

Nexy got Tibhar to set the price real low compared to other blades in this performance class. This is cool for those who buy.

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Is this blade flexy like a 5 ply (eg OSP Ultimate 2) or stiff like a tibhar force pro blue (semi stiff)?

Anyone using it with short or mid pimples on bh?

How much faster than Tibhar Force Pro Blue?

Last edited:
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I never tried those 2 blades so I couldn't compare. Akkad is a mostly linear OFF minus to OFF speed class blade. Is kinda stiffest, but can really spin if you have a spin stroke.

Lasts auctioned tourney, I was playing with a decades old Nittaku Mono OFF wood blade .. did great, but broke the thing on half (and very nearly my entire wrist too) on a corner on a ball I thought was coming long.

I had an Akkad ready as a spare... Had T05FX and Nittaku Hammond u tuned... was a boss of bh and fh spin. Won some great matches vs O2000 Cali crowd.

Might have been my best tourney ever, even with a monitor ratings points loss... I showed ciuld compete and win at low to mid 2000 level.

I basically pulled this bat out of bag under tourney pressure down 1-2 in games and won, despite not using it for months.

You can literally pull an Akkad out of the bag and function right away like you missed nothing.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: MOG

MOG

This user has no status.

MOG

This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Thanks Der_Echte

It sounds very tempting, I like the sound of linear!
And the speed sounds about right.

In another thread you were commenting about hitting harder with a slower rubber, this is where I am with blades, I hit harder (or more accurately and consistently) with blades fairly stiff in off-/off range!

But need stiffness for bh blocks.

Whilst I have the body and looks of a 25 year old two winged looper!
I have the soul of a 50 year old fat man blocker.

Reactions: Der_Echte
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
I can prolly use Akkad blind out of the bag after a long time not using it, such a class of blade is right for my game like many wood blades.

I am familiar with both the wood and the kind of rubbers.

Personally, I feel heavier is better for blocking and getting close to the ball is even better than what your blade is

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: MOG