Zhang Yudong avoids shaking hands with Hao Shuai!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Yesterday Hao Shaui and Zhang Yudong played one another in the China Super League and things got a bit messy.

See for yourself in the clip below made by GECA:

What do you think of the situation?

Reactions: Lee91
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Yesterday Hao Shaui and Zhang Yudong played one another in the China Super League and things got a bit messy.

See for yourself in the clip below made by GECA […]

What do you think of the situation?

I can see that clip only in browsers that allow the evil empire called Facebook to lay its dirty hands all over me. I'll have to shower thoroughly now.

Anyway, I'll hazard a guess. The controversy starts with a hit that, to me, looks like the ball must have been very wet. A solid spin sees the ball drop dead on the table immediately. So perhaps the affected player mentioned that, and the opponent reacted aggressively to the (perceived?) accusation of wetting the ball?

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
It happened in Round 9 of 2017 CTTSL on 2 Jan when Shenzhen Baoan played against Jiangsu Zhongchao. In game 4 at 4-1, Hao Shuai complained about the wet ball served by Zhang Yudong but Zhang Yudong denied it and said it was not his fault but the humidity in the competition hall. The umpires asked the players to continue the match. At the end, Hao Shuai won but the last word he yelled at the end of the match was a foul language. Zhang Yudong refused to shake hand and muttered a few mean words, so did Hao Shuai after being upset by Zhang's reaction.

As a result, Hao Shuai was suspended from CTTSL for 2 rounds (round 10, 11) and fined 30,000 RMB. Whereas Zhang Yudong was suspended from CTTSL for 1 round (round 10) and fined 10,000 RMB.

Sources:
CTTSL notice about the punishment
http://cttsl.sports.cn/announcement/2018/0104/164647.html
Hao Shuai explaining the incident
http://sports.eastday.com/a/180104190340551000000.html

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Wow a little argument and players get suspended. It's just a bit of drama, sure you should shake hands, but you shouldn't get punished for it. Communism strikes again..

Conduct detrimental to the reputation of the game should lead to suspensions. It's that simple. I suspect your viewpoint is biased by not being able to speak Chinese. The people who do so said Hao used profanity.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2012
Read 1 reviews
If Liu Guoliang was still around this would have not happened...

LGL is vice president in the CTTA which is authority on the super league. The CTTSL does not have anything to do with the CNT so I dont think its a matter of LGL's abscence.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
CTTA has 1 president, 1 honorary president, 19 vice presidents and 8 honorary vice presidents....
CTTA supervises both CTTSL and CNT. But there is no evidence that LGL, as a VP of CTTA, has any impact on CTTA decision making now.