Friendship Battle 2 Provincial

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Rubbers: Friendship 729/Battle Provincial 39 Degrees Black, and Tuned with 2 layers of Seamoon.

First day testing, 2 hours.

Serves:
It really let you impart a huge amount of backspin and sidespin, with minimally effort, to compare i switched to my backhand rubber on forehand( Gewo XT 50) and damn not even close to the spin of Battle 2. Very Satified, the only problem is hitting fast serves needs adjustment coming from Neo 3, but im sure a few days and i will get the hang of it.
Score: 9.5/10

Receving/Touch:
Another area, where this truly shine, not bouncy at all, keep the ball short and low, and let you impart a good amount of backspin to the ball, so is easy for the opponent to misread the amount of spin and throw the ball into the net. It also allows you to redirect the spin of the opponent serve pretty easily
Score: 10/10

Looping and Counter Looping: This is where Chinese Rubber, makes sense, not so fast like MX-P, but the Spin capabilities of this is unmatched, if you brush fast, or brush a little it doesnt matter, the ball will have a lot of SPIN. Counter looping stays the same, so much spin. But to be consistent you need to brush, dont rely on flat hitting with this kind of rubber, even tough flat hits, have a good amount topspin i dont recommened it, just brush and uses the body, you will be happy.

Flat Hitting: The rubber makes a loud sound when hitting flat, is consistent at first when you warm up, but if you put more effort into the hit, enough to make it a winner shot, it can be inconsistent.
Score: 7/10

Blocking: Didnt have time to test it, next session will try it.

I need more time to really engages the properties of this rubber, need more testing, i will keep an update the coming days.

Last edited:
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
That review is kind of what i think about the regular version.

The really amazing thing about it is how deceptive the spin is in touches and serves.
Except that you need the right brushing technique for driving the ball with speed and accuracy. But yeah itll never be as directly fast and easily spinny as the fast tensors. Rewards technique.

But like you said; if you have the technique down, the spin is very surprising for the opponent.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
How about the throw angle and weight compare to H3 ? Tabletennisdb data shows throw is 7.1 for comercial version. That is too high for chinese rubber

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
How about the throw angle and weight compare to H3 ? Tabletennisdb data shows throw is 7.1 for comercial version. That is too high for chinese rubber

Remember that ttdb is not very trustable, many subjective opinion, and many variables, I mean you don't know if they're advanced, intermediate or beginner, and which rubber was used before, etc. At least is a review.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017

Is very low, like typical chinese rubber, h3 weight less, h3 throw angle is a litte higher in my opinion.
But right now im not as efective with the battle 2,as the h3 neo, need adjustment but in a couple of days, i will get use to it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Thanks for doing the review! Do you think the unboosted rubber would be too slow?

To be honest, i dont know how will it play unboosted, but after boosting h3 neo, the rubber was so different in a good way, that i immediately, boost the Battle 2, in hopes it will play better than h3 neo. But reading reviews about normal battle 2, the people says is much more faster and forgiving than h3 neo, even unboosted.

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
I don't boost mine. I just hammer it for a few hours and it's ready :p

It is a lot springier than the h3neo out of the box. It has a nice kick and speed. For a 'classic' chinese rubber, of course.
It's basically a classic chinese rubber updated for the new balls, I think. Same philosophy but faster, tackier, more reliable.

I found its throw to be medium to medium-high, but it is perhaps also down to technique

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I don't boost mine. I just hammer it for a few hours and it's ready :p

It is a lot springier than the h3neo out of the box. It has a nice kick and speed. For a 'classic' chinese rubber, of course.
It's basically a classic chinese rubber updated for the new balls, I think. Same philosophy but faster, tackier, more reliable.

I found its throw to be medium to medium-high, but it is perhaps also down to technique

The throw can be medium if you open the angle of the bat and brush upwards, but if you brush with a 45 degree angle and with forward motion the shot is so low and with a nice kick, that if the opponet legs are not bend, waiting for the shot, is an easy point.

Reactions: Ktandean
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Thanks for sharing n interesting rubber. I ordered 1 n will try. Price is reasonable also

Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
The throw can be medium if you open the angle of the bat and brush upwards, but if you brush with a 45 degree angle and with forward motion the shot is so low and with a nice kick, that if the opponet legs are not bend, waiting for the shot, is an easy point.

Yup that's part of what I like about it and this type of rubber in general. The fast and low-over-the-net points :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Rubbers: Friendship 729/Battle Provincial 39 Degrees Black, and Tuned with 2 layers of Seamoon.

First day testing, 2 hours.

Serves:
It really let you impart a huge amount of backspin and sidespin, with minimally effort, to compare i switched to my backhand rubber on forehand( Gewo XT 50) and damn not even close to the spin of Battle 2. Very Satified, the only problem is hitting fast serves needs adjustment coming from Neo 3, but im sure a few days and i will get the hang of it.

Receving/Touch:
Another area, where this truly shine, not bouncy at all, keep the ball short and low, and let you impart a good amount of backspin to the ball, so is easy for the opponent to misread the amount of spin and throw the ball into the net. It also allows you to redirect the spin of the opponent serve pretty easily
Score: 10/10

Looping and Counter Looping: This is where Chinese Rubber, makes sense, not so fast like MX-P, but the Spin capabilities of this is unmatched, if you brush fast, or brush a little it doesnt matter, the ball will have a lot of SPIN. Counter looping stays the same, so much spin. But to be consistent you need to brush, dont rely on flat hitting with this kind of rubber, even tough flat hits, have a good amount topspin i dont recommened it, just brush and uses the body, you will be happy.

Flat Hitting: The rubber makes a loud sound when hitting flat, is consistent at first when you warm up, but if you put more effort into the hit, enough to make it a winner shot, it can be inconsistent.
Score: 7/10

Blocking: Didnt have time to test it, next session will try it.

I need more time to really engages the properties of this rubber, need more testing, i will keep an update the coming days.
You forgot to say which blade have used with the b2, I hope to be 5 plywod limba ayous

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
Yup that's part of what I like about it and this type of rubber in general. The fast and low-over-the-net points :)

That low throw plus the different gears, its all you need to instill fear. If you have the correct mindset (use the body, relax accelerate, brush), if you can do that, then Chinese Rubbers will always be superior to European, my opinion.

Reactions: matzreenzi and BeGo