Friendship Battle 2 Provincial

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I agree with FelixTT about chinese rubbers in general, but Provincial Battle 2 (38º) mas a huge disappointment for me. Dont know if I got a bad batch, but the rubber felt dead even boosted and the throw was too low for my game, much lower than H3, TG3, or TG2 national (the one I am currently using).

Sorry to hear that, What boosters did you use?, i used seamoon 2 layers, i need more testing, im not completely sold yet on this one.
What about TG2 National, its worth it?.

Reactions: HairF1
This user has no status.
I have used two layers of Falco Long.

TG2 national is definitely the best rubber I have tried so far. In love with it, also with 2 layers of falco. It is incredibly spinny and has a low arc and long trajectory, just how I like it. And curiously how battle 2 was supposed to be I believe. I found battle 2 to be closer to Hurricane 3 neo commercial, which I also didnt like. But I'll also give it another try.

Sorry to hear that, What boosters did you use?, i used seamoon 2 layers, i need more testing, im not completely sold yet on this one.
What about TG2 National, its worth it?.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
I have used two layers of Falco Long.

TG2 national is definitely the best rubber I have tried so far. In love with it, also with 2 layers of falco. It is incredibly spinny and has a low arc and long trajectory, just how I like it. And curiously how battle 2 was supposed to be I believe. I found battle 2 to be closer to Hurricane 3 neo commercial, which I also didnt like. But I'll also give it another try.

Where did you get it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I know this thread is a bit old but where did you source your Battle II Provincial? I see some for sale on Aliexpress but I'm not sure how legitimate it is.

Playa Ping Pong sells legit B2 provincial on Aliexpress:
https://playapingpong.aliexpress.com/

I've probably ordered from them 5-6 times and never had any issues (and the serial/authenticity numbers always check out ok).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
This user has no status.
I read that somewhere as well... due to quality control issues, which is a shame because I wanted to try based on Lightzy's review on my Avalox P700 blade. I still bought one in the end since it's cheap enough...

It's definitely odd to see the Provincial version being the same price as the regular one for this rubber though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
We have a new vietnamese guy in our club which has got about points 1200 in the Swedish ranking system but is really racing through all tournaments. My guess would be that he's around 2000 in reality as he beats the crap out of players who are >1600 during practices. Maybe div 2-3 class in Sweden?

He plays with provincial B2 on both sides on a DHS PG7 without any kind of booster. He brush loops pretty much every shot. Fantastic to watch. Horrible to play against.

Reactions: dreto and Tompa8888
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Definitely. The provincial is less good than the regular as it is. It has to be boosted.

Well I couldn't wait for an other 3 days to boost it properly and just glued it on my Christmas gift DHS Hurricane Long 5 the new version, with thinner handle and reduced weight, without boosting it.

Forehand: 729/Friendship Battle 2 Provincial Black 40 degree Orange sponge
Backhand: DHS Gold Arc 8 Red 47.5 degree Medium thickness Yellow Sponge

The racket overall isn't overweight (when I get a scale i'll measure it), a little head heavy do to thinner handle. I didn't find the B2 uncontrollable in pushing and looping, but I normally don't put a lot of power to my shots I focus on brushing technique. Speed was more then enough on the HL 5 both close and away from the table, spin was astounding, with the ball accelerating greatly right after the bounce. Need more time to test it on other aspects like serving and service receive, but overall it's a really good setup even without boosting it.

Overall I really like this setup, It's a really big step up from my older DHS H-WL with Neo Hurricane 2 and Stiga Clipper with Neo Hurricane 3. It produces bigger spin and speed with a lot less effort, especially good for the newer 40+ ball.

Battle 2 provincial Black 40 degree with orange sponge is a very good forehand rubber for her price of about 25-30 dollars on AliExpress. I would like to try the Blue and Purple Sponge versions if I could and also compare them to other potential rubbers like: 729-08 Pro, DHS Hurricane 8, Hurricane 2 or 3 and TG 2 and 3 provincial to find the ultimate affordable Chinese forehand rubber. I assume that DHS National versions are better, but they are tenergy level expensive and not for me at this point in time.

Last edited:
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
If you ask me the provincial version is shit, the best is the commercial version at 45 hardness (which is really much harder because of the thickness of the topsheet). It's also the tackiest.

I see that lots of others had the same experience as me regarding the provincial version.

Who knows.