Back to Forum
    says He Wei Feng

TTD Member 4 42
    says He Wei Feng

TTD Member 42 4

Help me !!!!!!!¡

I need some help. I'm an intermediate level player who attacks close to the table but when attacked at I will move back and counter. I currently play with bluefire JP 03 at 2.0 mm on both sides and I love it but I need more speed on my forehand so am going with JP 02 2.0 on my forehand. Should I get JP 03 max on my backhand or JP 02 max on my forehand and on 2.0 on backhand? P.s Im much stronger on my forehand

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 1,177 860
    This user has no status.

Senior TTD Member 860 1,177
    Need video or more detail into your intermediate level. That could be a wide range.

I have a club buddy who is always looking for more speed in his equipment when he plays with stuff that's plenty fast for anybody else. His problem is his technique and only arm swinging. Not enough body. Not enough whip.

I'd video tape yourself and/or some of the top players at your club to compare. Or post it here before you automatically assume it's the equipment as to why you need more power.

The Following 2 Users Like suds79's Post:

thomas.pong and ttmonster

says He Wei Feng

TTD Member 4 42
    says He Wei Feng

TTD Member 42 4
    Quote Originally Posted by suds79
    Need video or more detail into your intermediate level. That could be a wide range.

I have a club buddy who is always looking for more speed in his equipment when he plays with stuff that's plenty fast for anybody else. His problem is his technique and only arm swinging. Not enough body. Not enough whip.

I'd video tape yourself and/or some of the top players at your club to compare. Or post it here before you automatically assume it's the equipment as to why you need more power.
    I'm sorry but can't post vid. My coach has said I use good body and wrist to generate the current amount of speed I achieve in other words, I've got good technique. I just need slightly faster gear as my blade is flexible and all wood and my rubbers are slow compared to my style.

This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 4,429 3,683
    T
    This user has no status.

Master TTD Member 3,683 4,429
    If you can't post video then you should consult your coach , he will give you the best advice . Asking for specific tips on equipment without video on the internet forums will only get you a wide range of advice because there are so many options out there ... and no body knows how you play ..
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumMcKinnon
    I'm sorry but can't post vid. My coach has said I use good body and wrist to generate the current amount of speed I achieve in other words, I've got good technique. I just need slightly faster gear as my blade is flexible and all wood and my rubbers are slow compared to my style.

The Following 2 Users Like ttmonster's Post:

NextLevel and Suga D

Last edited by ttmonster; 01-27-2018 at 02:11 AM.
    Lets go Spinny Looping !

says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad

Master TTD Member 11,702 11,524
    says Grand Consultant to the Office of the Goon Squad

Master TTD Member 11,524 11,702

User Info Menu

Dude, whatcha usin' for a blade? Decomposed pallet wood that is Def Minus Exponent 13?

Issue is likely somewhere else, but what the heck, it took me several years of forumers telling me pretty much the same thing, (that problems were somewhere(s) else) so eventually you will get there.

The Following User Likes Der_Echte's Post:

ttmonster

President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
    http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
    http://www.nexyusa.com

View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
    http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

says He Wei Feng

TTD Member 4 42
    says He Wei Feng

TTD Member 42 4
    Donic Persson powerplay senso v2 (not carbon)