Help me !!!!!!!¡

This user has no status.
I need some help. I'm an intermediate level player who attacks close to the table but when attacked at I will move back and counter. I currently play with bluefire JP 03 at 2.0 mm on both sides and I love it but I need more speed on my forehand so am going with JP 02 2.0 on my forehand. Should I get JP 03 max on my backhand or JP 02 max on my forehand and on 2.0 on backhand? P.s Im much stronger on my forehand

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Need video or more detail into your intermediate level. That could be a wide range.

I have a club buddy who is always looking for more speed in his equipment when he plays with stuff that's plenty fast for anybody else. His problem is his technique and only arm swinging. Not enough body. Not enough whip.

I'd video tape yourself and/or some of the top players at your club to compare. Or post it here before you automatically assume it's the equipment as to why you need more power.

This user has no status.
Need video or more detail into your intermediate level. That could be a wide range.

I have a club buddy who is always looking for more speed in his equipment when he plays with stuff that's plenty fast for anybody else. His problem is his technique and only arm swinging. Not enough body. Not enough whip.

I'd video tape yourself and/or some of the top players at your club to compare. Or post it here before you automatically assume it's the equipment as to why you need more power.
I'm sorry but can't post vid. My coach has said I use good body and wrist to generate the current amount of speed I achieve in other words, I've got good technique. I just need slightly faster gear as my blade is flexible and all wood and my rubbers are slow compared to my style.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
If you can't post video then you should consult your coach , he will give you the best advice . Asking for specific tips on equipment without video on the internet forums will only get you a wide range of advice because there are so many options out there ... and no body knows how you play ..
I'm sorry but can't post vid. My coach has said I use good body and wrist to generate the current amount of speed I achieve in other words, I've got good technique. I just need slightly faster gear as my blade is flexible and all wood and my rubbers are slow compared to my style.

Last edited:
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Dude, whatcha usin' for a blade? Decomposed pallet wood that is Def Minus Exponent 13?

Issue is likely somewhere else, but what the heck, it took me several years of forumers telling me pretty much the same thing, (that problems were somewhere(s) else) so eventually you will get there.

Reactions: ttmonster