Hi, i'm newbie. nice to meet you.

I want to learn to play table tennis, where to start learning from ? ^^

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Hi, i'm newbie. nice to meet you.

I want to learn to play table tennis, where to start learning from ? ^^

Welcome Togepi. Hope you have a good club nearby! Go there, and join in. Play everybody.

If everything's far away and options are limited (and your time is less so), consider having a go with https://www.pingskills.com (or somesuch on-line TT academy). I'll mention https://tabletennisdailyacademy.com as well here, and a boatload of valuable stuff to be seen on Youtube.

Still, there's no substitute for spending good hours at the table. In focused training, hopefully with a good coach and partners at or near your level; in matchplay, in tournaments. The miracle of the thing is, the more time you put in the better at it you're going to get.

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
if you can, hire a coach at least for a couple of months. If you start learning by yourself, it's very likely you get the strokes, footwork, etc. incorrectly and that will impair your future progress and the maximum level you can achieve. And when you start doing smth wrong it's so much harder to fix it when to learn from scratch.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I forgot to say welcome to the forum!

If you can get a table at home, do it, that way you can practice some strokes with or without a robot, play some more on top on coaching and the club, practice serves, footwork...

If you give us a bit of background info: age, how long you've play, where you're currently playing, city where you live, clubs in your area, your TT goals, paddle you're using... forum members will be able to give you even more tips on where to find a club, a coach, building a TT routine, equipment...

Good luck!