Favourite player video thread

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Hi guys!
Since we all have our favourite players and we usually see them play via internet streaming or video's, I though I could make a thread about this :) Do you remember the first video you saw from a player that made you like him? Post it here! This can also be an interview, documentary or whatever type of video. Just the one that made you like the player ;)

I'll kick it off with this video of Zhang Jike. When I watched this for the first time I had no idea who he was, but I was a fan from then on :D

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Easy for me because I watched it not long after the event. Was incredible to see a European player winning the World Champs in 2003 and Werner Schlager has been my favourite player ever since :)

Schlager has amazing serves and what a backhand. Great player.

This is also an amazing match. That is Joo at his best and Schlager at his best as well.

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The video that actually made me love Waldner was watching him lose to Persson in the World Championships. That was back in 1991. I played for about 3 months back then at a club and then had to stop for important things like work and life after college.

This user has no status.

Zhang Jike for me as well. Love his style a lot(basically a remodelled more powerful version of Kong Linghui with even better serves). So much power and yet so much control, perfect BH block and loop. But I personally dislike his proud attitude which is shown through his public statements.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011

Zhang Jike for me as well. Love his style a lot(basically a remodelled more powerful version of Kong Linghui with even better serves). So much power and yet so much control, perfect BH block and loop. But I personally dislike his proud attitude which is shown through his public statements.

He is very self-confident, to the edge of arrogance indeed. xD But I like that. What I like is that he loops so controlled, especially against players that are much lower level than he is. You can see that he loops in first gear, and when the opponent starts catching those loops, he goes a gear up. It seems like he can up his game endlessly when his opponent starts to get a bit back, that must be really discouraging to play against.

This user has no status.
sorry i changed my mind. My new favorite player is dr Herbert Neubauer he won allot. Here is a short list:
•7 times World Veterans Champion
•5 times European Veterans Champion
•4 Gold Medals at the World Senior Games in St George/USA
•2 Gold Medals at the European Master Games in Malmö/Sweden
•60 Gold Medals at Swiss Championships

Here is a video of him.

My favorite part is the knee-angle he used during play.