Redesigned Korbel weight

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
I was told that redesigned Korbel weights less thn it used to be. Is it true?
Please, share your redesigned Korbel's weight. Thx in advance.

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I was told that redesigned Korbel weights less thn it used to be. Is it true?
Please, share your redesigned Korbel's weight. Thx in advance.

I recently bought a Korbel JP ST with the new Butterfly logo. When I asked Butterfly USA, they only had 4 ST in stock ranging from 87g to 97g. I know one of the other 2 was 88g. I bought the 87g which is exactly the weight I wanted and it feels great with 1.9mm MX-P's on both sides.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
I've fount only one Korbel ST in my country. It is euro version and it is only 80g. So I have some doubts, would it be suitable for me, because atm I'm playing w/ 92g Clipper...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
I believe that Korbel would help me to improve my short game (where I loose most of points), but I'm afraid that it's low weight would affect other aspects of my game: loops and hits far from table. Thats why original post was created, to collect info bout modern Korbel's weight.
Just wanted to clarify. :)

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I believe that Korbel would help me to improve my short game (where I loose most of points), but I'm afraid that it's low weight would affect other aspects of my game: loops and hits far from table. Thats why original post was created, to collect info bout modern Korbel's weight.
Just wanted to clarify. :)

Like Herbert said, do not go to 80g if you’re used to 92g, I wouldn’t go any lower than 87g or it would be too big of a change.

I would post a LF (Looking For) post for a Korbel on several TT forums to try and find one, and keep looking for used ones. Also if you can find a Korbel JP, it’s a better more stable version than the European version.

Other options are the Butterfly Hadraw VK, which is the same composition as the Korbel, but the head size is smaller (157 x 150mm vs. 158 x 152mm), it’s also slightly thinner (5.7 vs. 5.9mm). Or the OSP Virtuoso OFF- which you can customize directly from the maker.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2017
I was also told, that redesigned korbel has a bit thicker handle. :)