problems with control

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
thank you, i've heard a lot of positive stuff about the barracuda, and the reviews on the db are really good.
I've already chosen my blade: stratus power wood.
you think my xiom vega europe on my BH, and an barracuda will be a good combination?
and how thick does the rubber need to be, atm i play with 1,8 on off+ blade.

Hi Mattys, as a developing player, I think it's best to keep the same rubber on both sides as not to get confused while working on your strokes. So I would either chose the Baracuda for both sides or Xiom Vega Europe for both sides instead of mixing them up. They're similar rubbers anyway but still not quite the same. I think I and others have recommended the Baracuda to you early on in this post. If you want the most control and you're used to 1.8mm, I would stick to this thickness on both sides; if you want a little more spin then 2.0mm but you'll get less control. Excellent choice of blade by the way! The Stratus Power Wood is a super flexible spin machine with lots of control! Have fun with it! I'm sure you will.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Dec 2017
If control is your ultimate goal,
Too much turtle power will not do.
It could turn you into a narcoleptic.
It could make you feel somewhat dyspeptic.

Remember that a ball doesn't care
How you win a point, or when or where.

A ball has not a mind or will.
It does not thrill to a three ball kill.

If you can keep a ball in play,
More oft than not, you'll win the day.

Last edited:
The thing is Mattys, you play in the 4th league of the province you live in and you have the rating E2 in Belgium. So I have a pretty good understanding of your playing level. You told us that you are a two winged attacker who plays close to the table. I conclude from that information that you still have plenty of room for improvement in your game. I have played in the 4th league too when I was a kid. I know from experience that one wins almost every game in that league if you are able to do controlled spinny loops. So u can not go wrong with an allwood blade with medium hard controllable tensor rubbers on it. The blade you have now is not the best for developing the right touch and feeling.

so just choose one of the Blades and rubbers that Carl, Baal, Suga D or myself mentioned. You cant go wrong with any of those.
which rubber do you recommend for my level?
barracuda or MXP

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
If control is your ultimate goal,
Too much turtle power will not do.
It could turn you into a narcoleptic.
It could make you feel somewhat dyspeptic.

Remember that a ball doesn't care
How you win a point, or when or where.

A ball has not a mind or will.
It does not thrill to a three ball kill.

If you can keep a ball in play,
More oft than not, you'll win the day.

Haha.
This is brilliant. Thanks Bernd.
[Emoji2]

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong