Are there any pro players that still use an all wood blade?

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Everytime I point out (based on the Euro Champs equipment list from 2016) that Shibaev and Liventsov and many Russians use Korbel still, I get someone who corrects me that Shibaev uses a Viscaria. Maybe it is a Viscaria with a Korbel handle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFIdFSiq8vE
I can tell with 100% certainty that is the case. I've seen enough to be able to tell just by looking at the ball trajectory. There is no way a Korbel is capable of that. I'm just shy of 999 XP and I will unlock the ability to tell by listening.

Reactions: Ioiettino
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I can tell with 100% certainty that is the case. I've seen enough to be able to tell just by looking at the ball trajectory. There is no way a Korbel is capable of that. I'm just shy of 999 XP and I will unlock the ability to tell by listening.
This meme is way over my head...

Reactions: P1ngP0ng3r
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Here is Shiba's interview (in Russian), where he said that he switched to Viscaria from Korbel because it was too slow for the new ball.

Look at the video I posted and the date. He is more likely to be using a custom blade than a Viscaria unless he was messing around for the exhibition.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
can anyone translate it please?

Shiba's interview? If so, he just said:

1) He has been playing with Viscaria for 2-1.5 years already
2) He played with Korbel before, but it was too slow for the new ball
3) Chose Viscaria, because it is relatively fast, has good control and feeling, somehow feels similar to Korbel, but much faster
4) The advantage is that it is fast, but the feeling of the ball is still good, a versatile wood that is not too fast, not too slow.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeopleAreStrange
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2014
Jon persson uses butterfly hadraw sr. Thats a hard and powerful 7 ply allwood blade.