LF: High-end blade similar to Freitas ALC

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Hi TTD Members,

I am looking for a blade which has a similar handle and feeling with Butterfly Marcos Freitas ALC.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi, Bty M.Maze ALC
1@.jpg

Reactions: thomas.pong
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I already got one and want a spare one for trying out new rubbers (dont want to spoil current setup by removing the rubbers and re-gluing other)

Ummmmmm.....for a spare racket, it is really good to have the same as what you use....at least if you like what you use.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Ummmmmm.....for a spare racket, it is really good to have the same as what you use....at least if you like what you use.

I guess I should add, if you are trying rubbers on a blade that feels noticeably different than your main blade. You may get the wrong impression of how you like the rubbers. There are some rubbers that you will like on the backup blade and then try them on the main blade and think to yourself: "why did I like these on the other blade?"

The rubbers will still do everything they do. They just will feel different on different blades.

The flip side of not liking a rubber on your main blade that you liked on the backup is also the case. So you could try a rubber on the backup blade; not like it; and not bother trying it on the main blade. And if you had tried it on the main blade you might have thought: "this is the rubber for me!" But you never end up trying it because it didn't feel good to you on the backup blade.

This also means that, if you really like your blade and want a backup, you may even want the backup blade to be as close to the same weight as your main blade as you can get. Because if you got an 85 gram Freitas blade and a 93 gram Freitas blade, they would feel notably different. They will feel like the same kind of blade. But they will not feel the same.

Last edited: