Defenders Equipment - need suggestions

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
Dear TTD members,

please advise FH and BH rubbers for a chop intermediate away from table.

Current setup - Stratus Power Def blade with Aurus FH (2.0) and Grass D.Techs BH (1.2)
rubbers are worn out and needs a change; hence looking for suggestions

What rubbers do pros use on FH and BH along with thickness
- SUH Hyowon
- Shiono Masato
- Kim Song
- Ma Te

Thanks,
Chris

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Current setup - Stratus Power Def blade with Aurus FH (2.0) and Grass D.Techs BH (1.2)
rubbers are worn out and needs a change; hence looking for suggestions

I don´t know what those pros use, but I can try and give some advice knowing what friends in fourth and third German league use.

Forehand rubbers are thin chinese rubbers like Globe 999 1.2 mm - they give little support in attacking, so if that´s part of the game it takes getting used to, or try something a little more lively (both these players used Hurricane 3 before, but feel that the ration between defensive and offensive strokes justifies then thin rubbers which give them more control over advanced speed when attacking)

Backhand is TSP Curl P1 R with thin sponge, 0.6 to 1 mm. One of them used Dtex before, but says it´s better suited to close to the table "destructive" game and that Curl is better suited to classic chopping.

Maybe this view from the side helps.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
Most pros use tenergy 64 or 05, and if not... they use hurricane 3. Backhand is usually curl p1r, feint long 2/3, or spectol short pips. Those are for modern defenders.

If you're looking for more classical setup... then thinner inverted rubbers on the forehand.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
Read 1 reviews
What is wrong with your set-up???

General advice would be - the fastest setup with which you can still defend safely as modern defence is a preparation for attack. You could change the pip for a p1r or FLIII in cca. 1.0 to try something for pure chopping but you absolutely need a good forhand topspin, even against fellow defensive/passive players.

The top players use some tenergy = thick attacking FH rubber plus an at least all+/off- or even off blade. The BH-pip is very individual and there is no real answer but personal preference.

Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
What is wrong with your set-up???

Like I said, the rubbers are worn out and definitely needs a change
Aurus is the FH rubber for me, thats for sure; I am not sure on the BH part (I am having a challenge to chop from a distance)