Butterfly A40+ vs G40+

This user has no status.
We use the G40 in our club tournaments and i know this ball pretty well. Not all the balls are round brand new out of the box, you will get 2 to 3 eggs out of every 10 balls. G40+ plays good out of the box for the first couple of hours, but after a couple of hours the ball becomes slick and starts to be unplayable. I bought the A40+ and have played a couple of hours with it. This ball should be manufactured for Butterfly by DHS, its plays almost exactly the same as the DHS D40+. On a drop test from the same height when comparing the A40+ to the D40+, the first couple of bounces are almost indentical. But the Dhs stops bouncing earlier while you may get 1 or 2 more bounces from the A40+. While in play the A40+ feels a tad lighter in but if you mixed up the balls, you may not even know the difference. I suspect the Dhs adjusted the specifications for Butterfly to make the ball feel a tad lighter and have a bit more spin. Overall the A40+ is a very good ball, its pretty much a rebranded Dhs D40+.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2010
.. how does A40+ compare with the nittaku ?
We use the G40 in our club tournaments and i know this ball pretty well. Not all the balls are round brand new out of the box, you will get 2 to 3 eggs out of every 10 balls. G40+ plays good out of the box for the first couple of hours, but after a couple of hours the ball becomes slick and starts to be unplayable. I bought the A40+ and have played a couple of hours with it. This ball should be manufactured for Butterfly by DHS, its plays almost exactly the same as the DHS D40+. On a drop test from the same height when comparing the A40+ to the D40+, the first couple of bounces are almost indentical. But the Dhs stops bouncing earlier while you may get 1 or 2 more bounces from the A40+. While in play the A40+ feels a tad lighter in but if you mixed up the balls, you may not even know the difference. I suspect the Dhs adjusted the specifications for Butterfly to make the ball feel a tad lighter and have a bit more spin. Overall the A40+ is a very good ball, its pretty much a rebranded Dhs D40+.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews

Great review if its lighter than D40 it sounds even better!

Reactions: 42andbackpains
This user has no status.
.. how does A40+ compare with the nittaku ?
I have a box of multi balls with Dhs D40+ and some Nittaku Premium 40+ and i dont notice much of a difference between them. I will try playing with the Nittaku and a40+ this weekend by alternating every couple of minutes. I suspect it wont be too much of a difference.

Reactions: ttmonster
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016

I've had the same experience with the 3 balls you mention (G40+, A40+ and D40+). I'll add that the A40+ are not as strong and durable as the D40+ or NSD, otherwise these 3 play very similarly. These 3 balls are all heavier and less spiny than the Nittaku Premium. While all 4 of these balls are quite good (unlike the G40+), the Nittaku Premium remains the best in my mind but I mostly play with the D40+, which is the best bang for your buck at 50 cents a piece.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I would have to add the Nittaku premium does get slicker after some hours of use but not as slick as the G40+. I agree with thomas.pong Dhs D40+ is the best value at this time. If people want to try some other alternatives, the Sanwei ABS 40+ is pretty good too. My club received some 1 star for mutiball use and they are pretty round and reliable. They are priced around 20 cents USD in China and our club had a friend bring them over since he was traveling to visit our area. The Sanwei Abs 40+ 3 star plays well too according to my coach. Cant review much about the Sanwei 3 star since i haven't logged any hours on it.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I've had the same experience with the 3 balls you mention (G40+, A40+ and D40+). I'll add that the A40+ are not as strong and durable as the D40+ or NSD, otherwise these 3 play very similarly. These 3 balls are all heavier and less spiny than the Nittaku Premium. While all 4 of these balls are quite good (unlike the G40+), the Nittaku Premium remains the best in my mind but I mostly play with the D40+, which is the best bang for your buck at 50 cents a piece.

I completely agree with all of this.