This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
England to scrape a victory in the doubles and Liam to then take two matches against the odds. Can't wait for the finals on Sunday.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2016
You're right psyche, it's been a long day :D

I'll bet! :) Really looking forward to tomorrow.

I've just checked the ITTF website and it looks as if this is the schedule for Saturday:

10.00 GMT - Women Semi-final 1 - Japan vs DPR Korea
12.00 GMT - Men Semi-final 1 - China vs England
17.00 GMT - Men Semi-final 2 - Republic of Korea vs Japan
19.00 GMT - Women Semi-final 2 - Hong Kong vs China

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
I'll bet! :) Really looking forward to tomorrow.

I've just checked the ITTF website and it looks as if this is the schedule for Saturday:

10.00 GMT - Women Semi-final 1 - Japan vs DPR Korea
12.00 GMT - Men Semi-final 1 - China vs England
17.00 GMT - Men Semi-final 2 - Republic of Korea vs Japan
19.00 GMT - Women Semi-final 2 - Hong Kong vs China

It's going to be great! Heading down to the venue?

Quarter Final Results

MEN
China 3-0 Germany
England 3-1 Brazil
Japan 3-2 Hong Kong
Korea 3-2 France

WOMEN
China 3-0 USA
Jorea 3-0 Chinese Taipei
Japan 3-1 Singapore
Hong Kong 3-0 Romania
You made a typo. Never heard of a country called Jorea lol

says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
they can not always hide from Chinese players, Germany players beat Chinese once or twice last year , many people talking about this event and they hope to see strong Germany team to play with China in the final, Germany does not want to lose to China so they don,t put strong players in. Now People can not say Germany lost to China as Germany does not put the best players into the tournament.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Germany made a clear and simple business decision. Protect the #1 ranking and they can use the excuse there team was not complete.
How does he protect the ranking by not playing? Please share.

The guy didn't want to give his all in a losing cause and expose tactics that will be valuable in more important matches.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
One last thing, because we got wayyy too offtopic here.

First of all thanks to monster and those that understood why i took offense.

Jawien, your point was understood in your first comment and it's alright if you see it that way, but Michal should know better. If it was the first time this happened i probably would have reacted differently, but unfortunately it's not.

See, making stupid jokes and comments about ethnicities of people might be tolerated in the little microcosmos he's in, but you can't come to an international forum make insulting jokes and expect people to remain silent and not take offense. To think like that is rather short sighted and naive IMO.

But again: THIS is NOT the place to discuss these political views and stuff like this.
Maybe we can create a new thread for this, and one of the mods can move all the derailing comments over there to keep this thread clean.
Me and probably some more people would like to enjoy this tournament without getting to know the insensitiveness and rudeness of some people.

Thanks for understanding!

I would say it is ALWAYS the place to call out stuff like that when it comes up! Especially in the world we live in now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
How does he protect the ranking by not playing? Please share.

The guy didn't want to give his all in a losing cause and expose tactics that will be valuable in more important matches.

What is being taken into account for ranking points are your last 8 best tournaments within a year period, so there is no way Dima's participation could affect his location.

My take on Dima's absence is that probably German team come to the conclusion, that without Timo it might be a loosing battle anyway, so there is no point to risk more serious injury ... Specially before Halmstad ...

PS.

I would say it is ALWAYS the place to call out stuff like that when it comes up! Especially in the world we live in now.

You are indirectly referencing me, but let me follow Suga's suggetion and NextLevel advice and not comment here. Thanks.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2014
Read 3 reviews
Fan zhendong : guys why so serious ???

photo_2018-02-24_12-18-58.jpg

photo_2018-02-24_12-19-16.jpg

photo_2018-02-24_12-19-20.jpg

photo_2018-02-24_12-19-24.jpg