This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Too bad! A prime hour of TV time in London is the early morning hours even approaching dawn in Asia. Still thinking whether or not to keep awake for the very late hour show :)

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
@zeio
I wonder how can you watch zhibo.tv outside China when it asks some China's phone number (via QQ) for registration (I guess). Do you watch at computer or at gadget (droid one)? Can you share this matter (how to reg at zhibo to be able to watch) I tried at my smartphone but it failed.

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Don't get me wrong, Pitch is a top caliber player, but I attribute CNT members' struggles to his wingspan. Think about it for a second, most of the time they play against each other and they're all quite small, especially for athletes. Ma Long is indeed not very long (I apologize about this terrible pun) at 1.75 m, Fan Zhendong is 1.73, Zhang Jike is 1.78, Xu Xin is the tallest of the bunch at 1.81. The Japanese players are shorter yet. There was a number of balls today that would've been straight winners for Fan Zhendong in Super League but Liam was on top of them with relative ease. First set is accomodation, second set the reaction, rest is the re-reaction from Pitchford, but he fell just short both against ML and FZD.
It works both ways. European players' struggle lie in their height. They have a much bigger crossover point as well, which is part of the reason why they prefer to play away from the table, but that's exactly why many of them have trouble(read hate) playing against Chinese players because they can't get past the 3rd ball to get into the rally stage. Playing away from the table also leads to the habit of lazy footwork at the table. They rarely step around but would rather rely on the backhand, and that's the reason why many have a weak forehand.

It's all too common for 1st encounter to be a struggle for CNT players, but once you get your performance appraisal done by the CNT, you'll get the full weight of the technical gap driven right in your face. DO was competitive against ML in his early career but we all know what happened after that.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
It works both ways. European players' struggle lie in their height. They have a much bigger crossover point as well, which is part of the reason why they prefer to play away from the table, but that's exactly why many of them have trouble(read hate) playing against Chinese players because they can't get past the 3rd ball to get into the rally stage. Playing away from the table also leads to the habit of lazy footwork at the table. They rarely step around but would rather rely on the backhand, and that's the reason why many have a weak forehand.

It's all too common for 1st encounter to be a struggle for CNT players, but once you get your performance appraisal done by the CNT, you'll get the full weight of the technical gap driven right in your face. DO was competitive against ML in his early career but we all know what happened after that.
Also the more recent case with Miu Hirano after she won the Asia title beating three CNT singles in a row. Or Feng Tianwei earlier. Too bad there is quite a slim chance Miu Hirano will be fielded in the finals, which is most likely against the Chinese squad.

Reactions: thomas.pong
Jan 2018
@zeio
I wonder how can you watch zhibo.tv outside China when it asks some China's phone number (via QQ) for registration (I guess). Do you watch at computer or at gadget (droid one)? Can you share this matter (how to reg at zhibo to be able to watch) I tried at my smartphone but it failed.
Where there's a will, there's a way.

The live stream doesn't require logging in, only the replay.

I'm not sure there's a way to skip the registration on smartphone.

Reactions: huaweip9
Jan 2018
Bobrow responding to youtube comments is so funny.

Ueda/Niwa beat LSS/JYS, the latter who are the reigning Grand Final Doubles Champs.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
Great analysis!

Don't get me wrong, Pitch is a top caliber player, but I attribute CNT members' struggles to his wingspan. Think about it for a second, most of the time they play against each other and they're all quite small, especially for athletes. Ma Long is indeed not very long (I apologize about this terrible pun) at 1.75 m, Fan Zhendong is 1.73, Zhang Jike is 1.78, Xu Xin is the tallest of the bunch at 1.81. The Japanese players are shorter yet. There was a number of balls today that would've been straight winners for Fan Zhendong in Super League but Liam was on top of them with relative ease. First set is accomodation, second set the reaction, rest is the re-reaction from Pitchford, but he fell just short both against ML and FZD.

Jan 2018
YBwCy6ch.png

kjC8bW9h.png

Last edited:
Reactions: bobpuls and Herbert
Jan 2018
WR102 JYS broke WR6 Niwa...

QFyFOczh.png

EbsfBUoh.png

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
JYS is clearly a top 5-20 player, he deserve more, i think he was injuried,

some words to harimoto: i like him more and more, 14 years so much passion for the sport (hard work , level at this young age)

Reactions: thomas.pong
Jan 2018
If Ueda gets back in, Jeong could break down in the 5th.

The one facing the camera always wins.

Can Jeong break the spell?

1...2...3...4 matchpoints saved by Ueda!!!!!!!!

Jeong dropped 5 points in a row!!!

11:11...12:12...13:13...14:14...16:14 to Ueda!!!!!!

I gotta buy the lottery next week!

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Speechless! Can not be more intense match. Cannot be narrower the margin. At the end it's Japan that makes it into the finals.