Best rubbers for Viscaria?

FH:
Hurricane 3 Blue Sponge or Orange Sponge national.
Evolution MX-P or MX-S

BH:
Hard to find anything for me that is still "best" and not tenergy.
Evolution series probably (ELP maybe or FXP for more control)

There are some other series like donic blue storm, Tibhar Aurus, nittaku fastarc or Andro Rasanter.....
They are all good, but for me personally, tenergy is still the best. The only thing that compete with tenergy, is Hurricane on FH.

This user has no status.
I'm also looking for rubbers to place on a Viscaria. My dilemma is that I have a tournament next month, my blk sheet of T05 has a rubber chunk missing that could be considered distracting to my opponents and T05 is out of stock till at least March. I don't really have time to conform to a new rubber.

As of now, I've narrowed it down to Rasanter R47 and Bluestorm Z2. Z3 was too soft, even on the BH.

For me, the Hurricane and MXP rubbers were too hard and required a stroke change to get similar spin to T05. Though they were both a little easier to control.

Reactions: Geoch
This user has no status.
I tried the Tibhar Aurus Select on a Timo Boll ALC (which should be quite similar to the Viscaria).
I really liked them.
Power and spin were there. Still I had the control, probably because of the thin topsheet (which gives that feeling of "soft" rubber"). I was very impressed.

I tried (and then buy) also the Rasanter R42.
I had the same feeling of tenergy rubbers : I can feel the ball gets "hooked up" by the rubber. Really nice rubber.

I strongly suggest those rubbers. At least try them out if you can.

says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Anything. Truly. All depends on what you like. There is no more versatile blade. I use Karis M but used T05 for years. Rasanter or Bluestorm are good ones now. Any Tibhar Evolution. Stiga Mantra. Chinese or Euro. The blade can work well with it.

And because of that you will see dozens of widely different suggestions and they all work for the people who made them.

The bad news is that because of that this thread won't help you decide. Too many different suggestions.

In general if you have a favorite rubber from other blades then start with that. Actually that is how you should approach any new blade but especially this one.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Mmm I tried also that one. To me it's a bit to hard. Still nice and usable, but maybe a bit too hard.

The crazy feeling of a soft rubber with a medium-hard sponge is something remarkable. It worth a try.
Tibhar did a great job with Aurus.

well that totally depends on your play level. If you have strong opponents you won’t get anywhere with a soft rubber.

This user has no status.
well that totally depends on your play level. If you have strong opponents you won’t get anywhere with a soft rubber.
I would agree in general.
Even if that also depends on how well you use your equipment..But that's another story.

BTW, my point is the same of yours, more or less. I was talking about a medium-hard sponge with a soft feeling.
So to combine the pleasant feeling of a soft rubber, with the effectiveness of the hard sponge.

Reactions: Geoch