Best rubbers for Viscaria?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
well that totally depends on your play level. If you have strong opponents you won’t get anywhere with a soft rubber.

Not the first time I hear people describe Vega Pro’s topsheet as a little hard, compared to the likes of t05. Doesn’t mean t05 is a soft rubber. And t05 aside, the feel of the topsheet can be softer/harder with a same sponge hardness.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Do I have to name every pro player that uses a hard sponge? Like 99% of them? Lebesson is an exception. And he does not even use soft rubbers, it's at least medium...

Lots of decent level players used rubbers like Calibra Sound or T05FX. Those are probably medium too.

The point is that even if pros use something, it doesn't mean you have to, especially when there a pros and good players who use soft rubbers.

FX-P is not a hard rubber and before that Lebesson used Sinus Alpha, another soft rubber.

KJA

This user has no status.

KJA

This user has no status.
Feb 2018
I'm looking for BH rubber on Viscaria. I struggle with the backhand on matches, pushing and blocking it sometimes totally out of control. I had previosly rakza 7 soft 2,0 and switched to rakza 7 soft 1,8 (because thinner makes it more controllable i thought, it got little better) but now i have done some more reading and want a low throw rubber on bh.

I was going to change to a 5 ply wood blade like acoustic, artic wood, etc but i really love the forehand loop with Viscaria. (with rakza 7 soft 2.0 :)) so one last try.

I want a 1.8 mm low throw bh rubber and might try to change from soft rubbers to medium rubbers? Any suggestion? Just want good block and pushes and the ball on the table with bh.

I have looked on Acuda p2 but i really don't know.

Please help

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I'm looking for BH rubber on Viscaria. I struggle with the backhand on matches, pushing and blocking it sometimes totally out of control. I had previosly rakza 7 soft 2,0 and switched to rakza 7 soft 1,8 (because thinner makes it more controllable i thought, it got little better) but now i have done some more reading and want a low throw rubber on bh.

I was going to change to a 5 ply wood blade like acoustic, artic wood, etc but i really love the forehand loop with Viscaria. (with rakza 7 soft 2.0 :)) so one last try.

I want a 1.8 mm low throw bh rubber and might try to change from soft rubbers to medium rubbers? Any suggestion? Just want good block and pushes and the ball on the table with bh.

Please help

You'll probably like your FH loop even more with a 5-ply wood blade. I switched from Viscaria to Korbel and my loops feel great and produce a lot more spin, not to mention more control all around. If you can't loop well with Rakza 7 Soft 1.8 on your BH, it's probably your technique and a slower more controllable blade would help.

Reactions: MK73 and Beep-Beep
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews

Please help

Soft rubbers on hard outer play are bad. Go for a medium rubber like Vega intro. Also has lower throw.

KJA

This user has no status.

KJA

This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Thanks for your answers, I had looked at Korbel but the Japan version is >87 g and I want a 84g. My viscaria is 90g. Going to look into Vega also any other suggestions from Stiga, Donic, Yasaka? My bh looping is ok with rakza 7 soft but it is pushes and blocking that's sometimes random.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Thanks for your answers, I had looked at Korbel but the Japan version is >87 g and I want a 84g. My viscaria is 90g. Going to look into Vega also any other suggestions from Stiga, Donic, Yasaka? My bh looping is ok with rakza 7 soft but it is pushes and blocking that's sometimes random.

You can ask the stores if they have a 84g Korbel JP or Primorac OFF- JP in stock. Otherwise, the European versions of these 2 blades are still very good. Another Butterfly blade with the exact same composition as the Korbel JP but with the more standard head size is the Hadraw VK (always Made in Japan). You also can't go wrong with an OSP Virtuoso, a Yasaka Sweden Extra, a Donic Appelgren Allplay, Stiga Allround Classic or Offensive. Which ever one you choose, make sure to request your desired weight from the store.

A soft rubber is not as good/easy as producing blocks and pushes as a medium or medium-hard rubber, that's one of the disadvantages. Also like Fabian said, a soft rubber will behave better on a soft feeling blade like the ones I've mentioned rather than a hard feeling blade.

Last edited:

KJA

This user has no status.

KJA

This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Thanks for your answers, i will to search for a Korbel blade.

But have you any tips on more backhand medium low throw bh rubber that would fit a viscaria? (with low bounceiness and high control)

This user has no status.

But have you any tips on more backhand medium low throw bh rubber that would fit a viscaria? (with low bounceiness and high control)
Donic bluefire JP 02 is a great medium low throw rubber with a really grippy top sheet and medium sponge. It's also quick I think it's faster than mxp or t05 but the control is not lost. It has more control than the slower JP 03. You can definitely make improvements with this rubber but when you need the speed and power it will be there.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

KJA

This user has no status.

KJA

This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Donic bluefire JP 02 sounds like an interesting low throw medium bjuder rubber but it's its sounds quite fast? Wondering if it is too fast for me.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I was looking long time for something less bouncy and better control over the net than T05 (for the fh). Omega V Asia is my choice now. Relatively low throw angle, a little dhs rubbers characteristics ... really worth a try. Not max but 2.0 though. Previously I tried also Barracuda (too slow and quite hard feeling) and Nittacu Fastarc G (quite hard but not too bouncy)

For bh I just glued good old acuda s2, but haven't played with acuda on tb alc yet. Tibhar EL-P was good but I'm looking for something with even more control. EL-P sometimes caught more spin with short pushes than I was expecting.

Of course I'm assuming TB ALC to be almost the same as Viscaria.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews

As I wrote, Vega Intro is exactly what you are looking for.