Best Yasaka rubbers?!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2018
Hello,

This thread is for all people that like Yasaka, like me :). So my question is: what is/are in your opinion the best Yasaka rubber(s)?
I personally like the Rakza 7 Soft because the good spin.
If you answer, please say why it is your favorite rubber.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
My favorite Yasaka rubber is R7, it was my first rubber, recommended by my coach who still uses it on both sides on his Viscaria. Not too hard, not too soft, great middle-of-the-road rubber, very balanced, can produce great spin with great control. I don't care much for R9, and RX feels too hard for me. R7 Soft is good too.

Last edited:
says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
I think despite having rakza x, rakza 7 is still the best attacking rubber they have. Rakza x seems like closer to rhyzm p which is not that durable.

Indeed! I also think that while Rakza X is harder, it's not as springy and doesn't have as many gears as other rubbers with similar hardness. While R7 was ahead of its time, it's still very relevant today especially for mid-level players like me, just like Mark V still is for very relevant for beginners. Yasaka doesn't innovate much, but when they release something, it usually counts and their quality and prices are good.

says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
says + Drinkhall Powerspin Carbon with Aurus Prime and Omega...
Aug 2017
Read 4 reviews
I have played with:

Mark V
Mark V Soft
Mark V HPS
Rakza 7
Rakza X
Valmo

Out of all these, Rakza 7 outperforms
Rakza X is best suited for speed seekers, I found it slightly less durable than Rakza 7

says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
says Any body knows when will be the next Asia Pacific...
Sep 2016
When I was young, Mark V was the best and the most expensive,I could not afford to have one, but nowadays it is not the most expensive rubber but for me Mark V is the best, I am using it now. I found it easy to use, to control.Good spin too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I like Rakza 7 soft max and Rakza 7 2.0 or 1.8 mm on the FH. Rakza7 1.8mm on the BH.
Rakza 7 soft max is for playing away from the table and is quite spinny. The soft thick sponge will absorb a lot of energy and release it adding to the spin and speed when the ball start to move away from the paddle. The Rakza 7 1.8 is good for close to the table play.

BTW, this make me question why people want long dwell times. If the dwell time is long then then ball isn't moving away from the paddle very fast. I think there is a Goldilocks time for dwell time. Just something to think about.

Reactions: yoass
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2013
I used Rakza 7 1.8, on a Ma Lin Extra Offensive, back when I used penhold. That was my setup for a long time, even when the rubber was past its prime. I thought it was nice but Rakza 7 really opened my eyes when I switched to Sweden Extra (shakehand) with 2.0 on both sides. Maybe because of the blade's flex, the thicker sheet, or because it was new, but the level of spin I could get surprised me.