Reverse Backhand Penhold Rubbers Suggestion.

This user has no status.
I am now using the Zhangjike ALC Chinese penhold as my main playing blade. Having trying this blade for 2 weeks. I have the following thought.
The forehand is Hurricane 3 blue provincial rubber. Very good in indeed. I put the Butterfly Tenergy 05 as my backhand rubber. I felt it is quite soft not so powerful. any suggestions by a little biter hard rubber with powerful looping capabilities? My total racket weight is 185gram now.

This user has no status.
Wong Chun Ting also uses ZJK ALC CPEN blade with T05 on the backhand. With the right technique, that is about as fast as it gets. I had issues using T05 on my rpb because the rubber is too springy and sensitive to incoming spin. I changed my BH to DHS Gold Arc 8 (47.5 degrees) and it feels much better now.

Reactions: HairF1
This user has no status.
Wong Chun Ting also uses ZJK ALC CPEN blade with T05 on the backhand. With the right technique, that is about as fast as it gets. I had issues using T05 on my rpb because the rubber is too springy and sensitive to incoming spin. I changed my BH to DHS Gold Arc 8 (47.5 degrees) and it feels much better now.

How about the weight does it feel heavy compared with T05?

This user has no status.
The weight is about the same. 185 grams is the price of using hurricane 3 with an offensive carbon blade and a fast BH rubber.

Edit: Gold Arc 8 also has a 50 degree version that I haven't tried. If you are looking for a rubber that is significantly harder than the T05, then maybe that may be a better option.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I Currently use a Zhang Jike ALC blade with a Skyline 2 national on the forehand side. I prefer something with a little more control on the backhand though, so Im really happy with Bluefire M2, but I guess you shoud try a rubber with the new ESN technology for the plastic ball. I suggest Donic Bluestorm Z1 or Z2 if youre looking to increase the speed of your shots. Z2 has a HUGE arc while Z1 is a bit more linear. I found both to excel at mid to far distance from the table. Control with ABS plastic ball is amazing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
Hello there,
I play penhold also and I have used a number of different rubbers. If you want something harder than tenergy 05, then try tibhar mxs or maybe try a hurricane 3 with a 37 or 38 sponge and add a little boost.

says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
says https://www.facebook.com/eduardo.eduard.33/videos/vb.1000...
Apr 2015
Read 2 reviews
If you like tacky rubber on BH:

- 729 Origin 45º
- 729-08 45º
- 729-08 ES 45º
- 729-08 Battle 2 45º

If not:

- Any recent tensor of 47,5º hardness will do the job
- If you want more power, buy 50º~51º hardness and boost it(more heavy)
- If you used to Tenergy 05, you can buy T05 Hard, or wait for Dignics 05

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
If your tenergy is too slow you need to sand your blade down a bit with like medium sand paper you probably have too much varnish on your blade and not getting a proper stick with water base glue