This user has no status.
Feb 2018

BladeFHBH
Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit FLButterfly Tenergy 05Butterfly Feint Ox
Donic Epox ControlDonic BaracudaTibhar Extra Long
Tibhar Stratus Power DefenseJuic 999 EliteNeubauer Diamant
Stiga Legend Allround ClassicYasaka Mark VYasaka Mark V
LKT Instinct729 RITC 802-40729 RITC 802-40

I went a little overboard and bought all of these within the same year after having got back into playing after a long break. I guess ideally I would sell at least two of these and use the money towards replacement rubbers in the future. I imagine I could also rationalize keeping them all for hobbyist reasons and the fact that resales cannot be too good for used equipment. I am pretty sure I had a strategy for how I put these together but it escapes me now :) If I would do it over again to get a taste for all styles I should of constructed 1 of each (dual inverted, dual sp, inverted/sp, inverted/lp, inverted/anti).

I don't have much experience using LP but had it mainly as a crutch in lieu of learning how to properly return super spinny serves. I would love to learn to use them to their full effect but would need to find a coach (I live near Wiesbaden, Germany if you can recommend).

Short of selling some of these, would you at least recommend that I switch or swap out any of the rubbers? I was thinking maybe I could take off a 802-40 and replace it with the Feint Ox from the TBS blade. Maybe make the TBS dual inverted with either 05 FX, Spin Art, or DHS Hurricane 3 Neo. From what I see no one uses LP on fast carbon blade. Problem is I don't see myself being a two winged looper anytime soon so maybe I should keep to some kind of combination play where I can make good use of both sides (thats why you see LP for the most part on the other side of my setups).

If you think I should sell, what is a good approach in pricing them? The blades are in great condition, only having been glued once by Paddle Palace.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Thanks for the advice! Which of these would you sell or otherwise definitley keep? Thanks again!!

Go into a big club and trade them for the type of equipment you need, long pips, etc.

Sell them on eBay, start about 75% of cost, keep dropping price until you sell. Sell altogether as a package their maybe.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
I ended up making one change so far... Went to the local tt shop and the storeowner helped me conclude that the Tenergy 05 has seen better days and based on how I was playing he recommended to replace the Tenergy with DHS Hurricane 2 Neo. He recommended this over the Hurricane 3 Neo.

I still have the Butterfly Feint OX on the other side... I was tempted to go ahead and replace the LP with Tibhar Evolution MX-P or Andro Rasanter R47 but he encouraged me to keep Feint for now. It looks like if I wanted I could put the Feint OX on one side of the STIGA blade as that Mark V is on its way out anyway. The TBS and STIGA Allround look of similar size I am just wondering since the Feint has no sponge whether or not it would be a perfect transfer. If the STIGA is even a little smaller I wouldn't probably want to do it.

Its funny how I went in with a game plan of getting one thing (Evolution or another Tenergy) and walked out with another. I know at my level I am not able to reach the full capability of these rubbers anyways so anything would work.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
I went ahead and replaced Feint OX with Tibhar Evolution MX-P. I still have DHS Hurricane 2 Neo on the other side and if I can get used to it ill keep it. If not I am thinking Tibhar Evolution FX-P or Andro Rasanter R42.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
I ended up making one change so far... Went to the local tt shop and the storeowner helped me conclude that the Tenergy 05 has seen better days and based on how I was playing he recommended to replace the Tenergy with DHS Hurricane 2 Neo. He recommended this over the Hurricane 3 Neo.

I still have the Butterfly Feint OX on the other side... I was tempted to go ahead and replace the LP with Tibhar Evolution MX-P or Andro Rasanter R47 but he encouraged me to keep Feint for now. It looks like if I wanted I could put the Feint OX on one side of the STIGA blade as that Mark V is on its way out anyway. The TBS and STIGA Allround look of similar size I am just wondering since the Feint has no sponge whether or not it would be a perfect transfer. If the STIGA is even a little smaller I wouldn't probably want to do it.

Its funny how I went in with a game plan of getting one thing (Evolution or another Tenergy) and walked out with another. I know at my level I am not able to reach the full capability of these rubbers anyways so anything would work.

I am somewhat curious how you are even considering this specific replacement: LP in OX and inverted play nothing alike. Totally different play styles, tactics, strokes etc. Perhaps it really does not matter (you never mentioned your level), so you probably need to figure out first HOW you want to play and go from there.

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
Like pgpg, I mentioned this to the OP as well. I advised him to go inverted until he is OK with it, and if he wants to play defensive style with pips, go for it at that point. I let him know I goof off and play with an OX bat once a month just to remember how it acts, so when I face LP players, cough, cough, I can instinctively play better. Keeping one of these bats is a good idea IMO.

Looks like OP is gunna go with TBS for main blade, but that could change. The Stiga Allround might be more middle ground, but it is up to him.

I would keep the TBS, the Stiga Allround, and the Donic bat for LP play.

As for what to with the other, maybe a child of his needs a bat. Keep the Instinct for that and get new middle of road rubbers when that time comes.

There is a German forum called "Pimp my Blade" that is centered on Pips discussion, much like OOAK forum, but it is in Germany. Although the forum would like posts to be in German, an occasional post in English is OK. However, a first time poster offering something for sale as his first post would likely be frowned upon, I could make the post and ask members to deal with OP individually.

Another thing OP could do is have a "Contest" to offer the setup OP decides not to keep for free to a member, much like the ones Next Level does. That would be a fun way to get friendly in the forum.

Another thing to do is find a defensive player in the German club he plays at... there will be more than one among that many, then figure out what to do from there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

BladeFHBH
Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit FLButterfly Tenergy 05Butterfly Feint Ox
Donic Epox ControlDonic BaracudaTibhar Extra Long
Tibhar Stratus Power DefenseJuic 999 EliteNeubauer Diamant
Stiga Legend Allround ClassicYasaka Mark VYasaka Mark V
LKT Instinct729 RITC 802-40729 RITC 802-40

I went a little overboard and bought all of these within the same year after having got back into playing after a long break. I guess ideally I would sell at least two of these and use the money towards replacement rubbers in the future. I imagine I could also rationalize keeping them all for hobbyist reasons and the fact that resales cannot be too good for used equipment. I am pretty sure I had a strategy for how I put these together but it escapes me now :) If I would do it over again to get a taste for all styles I should of constructed 1 of each (dual inverted, dual sp, inverted/sp, inverted/lp, inverted/anti).

I don't have much experience using LP but had it mainly as a crutch in lieu of learning how to properly return super spinny serves. I would love to learn to use them to their full effect but would need to find a coach (I live near Wiesbaden, Germany if you can recommend).

Short of selling some of these, would you at least recommend that I switch or swap out any of the rubbers? I was thinking maybe I could take off a 802-40 and replace it with the Feint Ox from the TBS blade. Maybe make the TBS dual inverted with either 05 FX, Spin Art, or DHS Hurricane 3 Neo. From what I see no one uses LP on fast carbon blade. Problem is I don't see myself being a two winged looper anytime soon so maybe I should keep to some kind of combination play where I can make good use of both sides (thats why you see LP for the most part on the other side of my setups).

If you think I should sell, what is a good approach in pricing them? The blades are in great condition, only having been glued once by Paddle Palace.

If Roland already has seen you play just ask him. He knows.