• Join our newsletter: 
  • Welcome Guest


    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 21 to 33 of 33
    1. Top | #21
      Xylit is offline
      says ┌П┐(°_°)┌П┐
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Germany

      Equipment:
      Blade Butterfly Tiago Apolonia ZLC
      Forehand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 05
      Backhand Rubber Butterfly Tenergy 64

      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Posts
      416
      Reviews
      Read 3 Reviews
      Liked 560 Times in 234 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Baal View Post
      It is intetesting that coaching for adults is so hard to come by, but given the way things are organized it doesn't surprise me.
      If you start playing table tennis as a young child you usually get good training at your club. I don't know of a single club that has youth teams but does not offer kids-training with a coach simultaneously. So if you start playing table tennis in Germany as a kid the chances you develop a decent technique are pretty high. Maybe that is why adults don't need personal coaches too often, usually they know all the basiscs already if they started at an early age.

    2. The Following User Likes Xylit's Post:

      Der_Echte (02-15-2018)

    3. Top | #22
      Garrison is offline
      says Master yourself, master the
      strawberry
       
      Senior TTD Member Country: Germany
      Garrison's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon
      Forehand Rubber Donic Bluefire JP 01
      Backhand Rubber Donic Bluefire JP 02

      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Posts
      869
      Reviews
      Read 1 Reviews
      Liked 995 Times in 454 Posts
      I haven't heard of anyone having personal coaches. Ambitious clubs may hire a good adult player from the area to do youth coaching (we had as well when I was younger), some kids have their father do the coaching, but it's never completely individual. If you are good enough, kids get into "Kadertraining" which is more intense with better coaches and the best kids of the regarding area.

      Honestly if someone in our club would turn up with his hired personal coach, he would earn a lot of strange looks but I can see that it can be difficult to find a good training partner when you are new

    4. The Following 2 Users Like Garrison's Post:

      Der_Echte (02-15-2018),Jimbob MacInbred (02-15-2018)

    5. Top | #23
      Simas is offline
      This user has no status.
       
      Advanced TTD Member Country: Europe
      Simas's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Stiga Offensive Classic
      Forehand Rubber DHS Hurricane 3 Neo
      Backhand Rubber Donic Bluefire JP01 Turbo

      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      270
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 128 Times in 89 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Baal View Post
      It is intetesting that coaching for adults is so hard to come by, but given the way things are organized it doesn't surprise me.
      I do find it quite strange that it is hard to find a personal coach for an adult too..
      If I wanted a coach it wouldn't be a problem as long as I have the money. Fundamentaly, what's the difference for the coach to train an adult or a kid? Maybe there is a shortage of coaches in Germany and all coaches are busy in clubs training kids in groups?

    6. Top | #24
      Baal is online now
      says Ba'al has spoken
       
      Master TTD Member


      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      Houston, Texas
      Posts
      2,290
      Reviews
      Read 8 Reviews
      Liked 3,929 Times in 1,576 Posts
      I started as a kid in Sweden and had good coaching there. I have still benefited a lot from coaching as an adult, but usially for me I only get a lesson once in awhile. At a point though I took lessons from a then current US national champion about once a week for a year. I got better. He was not teaching me basics.

      Even pros have coaches. Sometimes you have a problem you need to fix. Sometimes it is just fun to play with a formsr professional player.

      But it is more important to just play regularly and have fun. And playing conditions in Germany are really good.
      Last edited by Baal; 02-15-2018 at 03:53 AM.

    7. The Following User Likes Baal's Post:

      Der_Echte (02-15-2018)

    8. Top | #25
      mrsidespin is offline
      says Wiesbaden, Germany
       
      TTD Member Country: United States


      Join Date
      Feb 2018
      Posts
      15
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
      I went ahead and tried to pull all the data I could find on local clubs. It seems like VfR Wiesbaden and FT Wi.-Schierstein are most available for open play. Minutes and distance are from where I am moving to near the Wiesbaden Hauptbahnhof to the respective club. There are a few at the bottom I still need to get. Theres a noticeable trend that 2 days per week is the average amount of days for open adult play per week. The time of day is about the same too.
      Club Address Minutes Distance Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
      FT Wi.-Schierstein Hafenschule Schierstein
      Zehntenhofstr. 6, 65201 Wiesbaden
      16 11.3 1900 - 2200 2000 - 2200 2000 - 2300 (by request) N/A
      VfR Wiesbaden Sporthalle am 2.Ring Konrad-Adenauer-Ring 55, 65187 Wiesbaden 6 2.3 1930 - 2200 2000 - 2230 2000 - 2230
      VfR Wiesbaden Turnhalle der Friedrich-von-Schiller Schule
      Lorcher Str. 12, Eingang Homburger Straße, 65197 Wiesbaden
      12 4.5
      SC Klarenthal 1968 Große Sporthalle
      Geschwister-Scholl-Straße 8, 65197 Wiesbaden-Klarenthal
      14 5.7 1930 - 2130 1930 - 2130
      SC Klarenthal 1968 Kleine Sporthalle (elementary school)
      Geschwister-Scholl-Straße 8, 65197 Wiesbaden-Klarenthal
      14 5.7 1930 - 2130 1930 - 2130
      TG 1890 Naurod Kellerskopfhalle
      Laurentiusstraße 36, 65207 Wiesbaden-Naurod
      17 11 2000 - 2200 2000 - 2200
      TG 1890 Naurod International School
      Rudolf-Dietz-Straße 14, 65207 Wiesbaden-Naurod
      17 12.7 no tt no tt no tt no tt no tt no tt no tt
      TSV Auringen 1886 Mehrzweckhalle am Sportplatz
      Bremthaler Weg 2, 65207 Wiesbaden-Auringen
      19 15.3 19 - 22 2000 - 2200
      TuS Dotzheim 1848 Philipp-Reis-Schule Wiesbaden, Mühlborngasse 17, 65199 Wiesbaden 16 6.9 1800 - 2200 1900 - 2200 (by appointment) N/A
      TV 1846 Erbenheim Justus-von-Liebig-Schule
      Lilienthalstr. 11, 65205 Wiesbaden
      9 5.1 1930 - 2200 2000 - 2200
      TV Frauenstein 1884 TVF-Sporthalle
      Bürgermeister-Schneider-Straße 3, 65201 Wiesbaden
      11 10.3 1915 - 2300 2015 - 2200
      TV Waldstraße Wiesbaden Vereinshalle
      Buchenstraße 2, 65187 Wiesbaden
      8 3.2 2000 - 2200 2030 - 2230 (system training) N/A
      SG Germ. Wiesbaden Germania-Heim
      Teutonenstraße 2a, 65187 Wiesbaden
      10 4.3 1900 - ?
      SV Blau-Gelb Wiesbaden Heinrich-von-Kleist-Schule
      Lorcherstraße, 65197 Wiesbaden
      12 4.4 1800 - 2200
      SV Blau-Gelb Wiesbaden Goetheschule
      Goethestraße 6, 65203 Wiesbaden
      10 4.2
      TTC RW 1921 Biebrich Waldorfschule
      Albert-Schweitzer-Allee 42, 65203 Wiesbaden
      10 5.1 1930 - 2130
      TTC RW 1921 Biebrich Freiherr-vom-Stein-Schule
      Straße der Republik 6, 65203 Wiesbaden
      8 3.8
      TTC RW 1921 Biebrich Otto-Stückrath-Schule
      Albert-Schweitzer-Allee 40, 65203 Wiesbaden
      10 5.2
      TuS Dotzheim 1848 Kohlheckschule, Kohlheckstraße 43, 65199 Wiesbaden 15 6.9 1915 - 2200
      TuS Et. Wiesbaden 1846 Turnhalle Oranienschule
      Eingang Karlstraße, 65185 Wiesbaden
      13 3.2 1800 - 2200 1300 - 1700
      TV 1846 Erbenheim Hermann-Ehlers-Schule
      Tempelhoferstraße 57, 65205 Wiesbaden
      7 4.5 1930 - 2200 1500 - 2000
      TV 1886 Igstadt Jahnhalle
      Hauptstraße 15, 65207 Wiesbaden-Igstadt
      14 8.1 1900 - ?
      TV 1886 Igstadt Turnhalle der JVA
      Holzstraße 29, 65197 Wiesbaden
      12 5.2
      TV 1890 Breckenheim Sport- und Kulturhalle
      Am alten Weinberg, 65207 Wiesbaden-Breckenheim
      15 14.6 2000 - 2200
      SC Kohlheck Friedrich-von-Bodelschwingh-Schule
      Pörtschacher Straße 12, 65187 Wiesbaden
      10 5.4
      TuS 1883 Nordenstadt Taunushalle
      Heerstraße, 65205 Wiesbaden Nordenstadt
      13 9.8
      TuS 1883 Nordenstadt Karl-Gärtner-Schule
      Wilhelm-Dietz-Straße 5, 65205 Wiesbaden Delkenheim
      11 10.4
      TV 1877 Kostheim TVK-Sportzentrum
      Hauptstraße 12, 55246 Mainz-Kostheim
      12 12.8
      TV 1881 Bierstadt Theodor-Fliedner-Schule (kleine Halle)
      Fliednerstraße, Eingang über Parkplatz Biegerstraße, 65191 Wiesbaden
      10 4.7

    9. The Following 3 Users Like mrsidespin's Post:

      Der_Echte (02-16-2018),Suga D (02-16-2018),thomas.pong (02-16-2018)

    10. Top | #26
      Der_Echte is offline
      says It's my SHOES.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: South Korea
      Der_Echte's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Tibhar/Nexy Kim Jung Hoon
      Forehand Rubber Nexy Karis M+ MAX in RED
      Backhand Rubber Nexy Karis M+ in BLACK or H3 or XP2008

      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Sacramento, USA
      Posts
      7,160
      Reviews
      Read 27 Reviews
      Liked 7,327 Times in 3,785 Posts
      This is both true and comical if you compare to USA. Wiesbaden metro area (it really isn't a metro) has MAYBE a half million people and you cannot even count how many TT clubs they have organized into competition. LOTS of players both children and adults. In USA 90% of US metro areas with that population have zero clubs.

      The VfR Wiesbaden TT club has FIVE mens teams... and they are not exactly a gigantic club, just a typical one for such an area.

      Here in Sacramento, the metro area is like 1.5 to 2 Million depending if you want to count 25-30 miles out. Only LAST YEAR did a full time club open up (a Chinese lady opened it)... and now that one is about to be run out of business by a Vietnamese run club much better facilities. (it opens in a few weeks) Even if we take the under 100 players in the Sacramento area and offer a team league, you wouldn't get it off the ground with more than 4 teams in one tiny league. Still, you do not develop interest in a team league without offering it or running one. There is a lot of culture change needed and the drive is very long for many, but it could change.

      Germany has such clubs even in tiny piss-ant towns. Not that they are bad, I love the open quality of these kind of towns, (especially the ones in the South) and USA ones are not quite like these. So in Germany, a puny town can sport a club that a half million metro area would not support. I was once in a metro area of 150,000 in USA and was the only registered TT player in the entire city.

      The list MSS put up goes maybe 10-15 miles out... to maybe .5 million population... in USA, the most dense TT population is the bay area San Fran - Oakland - San Jose area... probably 15 or really great clubs. The overall population is 8 MILLION plus... and they have fewer TT clubs than the Wiesbaden area... and Wiesbaden isn't really the Juggernaut of TT density or top level...

      That is the reality of how TT is over there in Deutschland... and the current situation is almost half as good as it was a couple decades ago.

      MSS, eat it up and enjoy while you can. You are in for some serious culture shock when you get to USA, if you end up there next.
      President, Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club. Hit us up on TTD or Facebook
      http://www.facebook.com/koreaforeignttc

      Janitor at NexyUSA TT Equipment Shop
      http://www.nexyusa.com

      View our Lame Nexy USA corporate FB page
      http://www.facebook.com/nexyusa

    11. The Following User Likes Der_Echte's Post:

      Suga D (02-16-2018)

    12. Top | #27
      Der_Echte is offline
      says It's my SHOES.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: South Korea
      Der_Echte's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Tibhar/Nexy Kim Jung Hoon
      Forehand Rubber Nexy Karis M+ MAX in RED
      Backhand Rubber Nexy Karis M+ in BLACK or H3 or XP2008

      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Sacramento, USA
      Posts
      7,160
      Reviews
      Read 27 Reviews
      Liked 7,327 Times in 3,785 Posts
      Until you get some training going on, get a collapsible tripod and smart phone adapter to take some vids of a fw minutes of your sessions and post on TTD. Some half-azz clowns like Der_Echte and others can give you some impractical and useless advices and direction of what to do and how. Just be realistic, be very patient with timeframes for improvement, and use a really good bullcrap filter, especially when Carl and Der_Echte say anything. Occasionally, we might say something or value, but sift out the chaff, it is a good skill. Heck, you are likely pretty good skilled at that already.

    13. The Following User Likes Der_Echte's Post:

      Suga D (02-16-2018)

    14. Top | #28
      Der_Echte is offline
      says It's my SHOES.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: South Korea
      Der_Echte's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Tibhar/Nexy Kim Jung Hoon
      Forehand Rubber Nexy Karis M+ MAX in RED
      Backhand Rubber Nexy Karis M+ in BLACK or H3 or XP2008

      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Sacramento, USA
      Posts
      7,160
      Reviews
      Read 27 Reviews
      Liked 7,327 Times in 3,785 Posts
      I also mentioned to avoid H2. If you have that on your bat by chance, use it on the BH. In the early going, you will mostly be doing what the Koreans advise... use the BH to keep ball in play to a place hard to attack and look to get in the FH shot. H2 on less than full power direct contact is OK for that... but H2 is very spin sensitive on that impact... however, the spin sensitivity of that rubber on less than full power impact will give you good training on your bat angles. That could hurt you a bit now, but help you down the road.

      MX-P, if somehow you end up with that offensive juggernaut of a rubber, is also very good on direct impact. Until you learn the balance of brush and direct, you will likely be using direct impact... until you start trying hard to use more brush impact. MX-P is good enough on brush and strong in a lot of other areas that you will use down the road. A more middle of the road equipment is what the pundits (and also Der_Echte say) would advise, but what the heck, you can still learn TT using it. The rubber will not teach you balance, position, control of impact zone, reading opponent's feet position, spin on the ball and how much garlic the cook put in your pasta. These few things directly impact your play level and overall health more than what offensive inverted rubber you chose.

      I differ from a pundit and agree that some equipment significantly out of the sweet middle zone can still work and have value. I agree with the pundits that middle ground equipment makes it easier to control and learn. Use your own judgment. Pundit who have been there and done that should still have their opinions carry weight in your decisions. There were successful for a reason. Still, we all have take our own steps and gain our own experiences, but if you look at where others have mis-stepped, it can make things more efficient. Still, self-discovery in TT is a good joy we should all experience.
      Last edited by Der_Echte; 02-16-2018 at 05:06 PM.

    15. Top | #29
      Der_Echte is offline
      says It's my SHOES.
       
      Master TTD Member Country: South Korea
      Der_Echte's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Tibhar/Nexy Kim Jung Hoon
      Forehand Rubber Nexy Karis M+ MAX in RED
      Backhand Rubber Nexy Karis M+ in BLACK or H3 or XP2008

      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Sacramento, USA
      Posts
      7,160
      Reviews
      Read 27 Reviews
      Liked 7,327 Times in 3,785 Posts
      In you path of self discovery, you may be tempted to try everything out there in the sun... and become EQUIPMENT JUNKIE (EJ).

      Please... Don't do it, not worth it.

      Once you settle on a reasonable equipment, use it for a year or two as you grow. Replace the rubbers. Different rubbers require different impacts and grip pressure to make the same result. If you change equipment too much while you are growing, this will really screw up your learning efficiency. I am in strong agreement with pundits on this point.

      Once you get a sound basis of the fundamentals established and some experience, why not tryout other players' equipment and learn what they all do, at that point, it won't hurt you as much.

    16. The Following User Likes Der_Echte's Post:

      Suga D (02-16-2018)

    17. Top | #30
      Suga D is offline
      says just spin harder
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Europe
      Suga D's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Nittaku Killton
      Forehand Rubber BH BTY Tenergy05
      Backhand Rubber FH DHS Hurricane 3 Neo

      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      your Mama
      Posts
      2,730
      Reviews
      Read 5 Reviews
      Liked 3,435 Times in 1,755 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Baal View Post
      To the OP. Contact Suga and get to know him. You wont regret it!
      Hahaha

      Thanks for the kind words.
      But meeting you has been a blessing, too. Hopefully i'll soon make it to visit David and his fam and return the favour.

      Quote Originally Posted by Der_Echte View Post
      Sugar, next time you apologize for making a proper detailed post to help someone big time, ima gunna go bust u in da chops.

      Pound the like button on Sugar post.

      I used to live in Wiesbaden before I discovered tt. Heck, I was also likely in the DC Maryland area same time as OP might have run across him.

      Sugar, the Dotzheim location looks good... that isn't too far east of the city gym.

      I also told OP that the huge city gym on 2Ring has open tt for adults twice a week... VfR Wiesbaden there are a few 1900 to 2000+ USATT level players there who speak English. Their membership is real puny, only so many Teuros a year.

      I think OP could get on one of the lower men's teams.

      Even if OP is just hitting with whoever at the club during adult training time, then he could still pick up stuff and develop some.

      MSS, I would strongly advise you to take the first two semesters of German on post at Univ of Maryland. Often, that is as far as it gets with minimum enrollment. Otherwise, take a night class at the Volkshochschule, it is in an ex us army camp right across the street from KFC chicken on Schiersteiner Str. A few months of that or the first few semesters of Univ of M will get you enough foundation to express a chunk of what you want to say and grow from there.

      Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
      Hahaha. Understood. Won't do it again.

      Your memory of Wiesbaden is excellent.

      Quote Originally Posted by mrsidespin View Post
      Thank you for all the information Suga D! I will have to visit your club sometime for sure but wouldn't be able to go there on a common basis due to the hour commute. I have four young kids at home and I need to be careful not to overextend myself As far as coaching it seems like my best bet would be to inquire about the coach you mentioned located in Dotzheim.
      Great. Just saw that you also answered my pm. Gonna write back after this here.

      Quote Originally Posted by Xylit View Post
      If you start playing table tennis as a young child you usually get good training at your club. I don't know of a single club that has youth teams but does not offer kids-training with a coach simultaneously. So if you start playing table tennis in Germany as a kid the chances you develop a decent technique are pretty high. Maybe that is why adults don't need personal coaches too often, usually they know all the basiscs already if they started at an early age.
      Although this used to be true and still is true in many areas there are also areas where the situation is changing.
      For instance our club didn't have anymore youngsters and teenagers when i came back from my hiatus six years ago. Just old folks and even some adult beginners. And there are more clubs in the area where it's like that. IIRC the kids got less and less and the coach moved away because of his job after some time so the leftover kids then were sent to the neighbour club. Maybe i should add that our town of about 40,000 citizens has three (!!!) TT-clubs. Quite a bit imho (and proving Der_Echte's point).
      Nowadays we've got 4 - 5 kids (trying to get more) and thinking of forming a Youngsters team in the future.
      Not an easy task, so let's see how that goes.
      Oops, drifting OT a bit.
      Anyhow, what i wanted to say: there are also adults seeking for coaching.
      They might not be the majority of players but that doesn't mean they are not there.
      My friended coach and his team are well experienced in adult coaching. So there must be a reason for this.

      Quote Originally Posted by mrsidespin View Post
      I went ahead and tried to pull all the data I could find on local clubs. It seems like VfR Wiesbaden and FT Wi.-Schierstein are most available for open play. Minutes and distance are from where I am moving to near the Wiesbaden Hauptbahnhof to the respective club. There are a few at the bottom I still need to get. Theres a noticeable trend that 2 days per week is the average amount of days for open adult play per week. The time of day is about the same too.
      Club Address Minutes Distance Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
      FT Wi.-Schierstein Hafenschule Schierstein
      Zehntenhofstr. 6, 65201 Wiesbaden
      16 11.3 1900 - 2200 2000 - 2200 2000 - 2300 (by request) N/A
      VfR Wiesbaden Sporthalle am 2.Ring Konrad-Adenauer-Ring 55, 65187 Wiesbaden 6 2.3 1930 - 2200 2000 - 2230 2000 - 2230
      VfR Wiesbaden Turnhalle der Friedrich-von-Schiller Schule
      Lorcher Str. 12, Eingang Homburger Straße, 65197 Wiesbaden
      12 4.5
      SC Klarenthal 1968 Große Sporthalle
      Geschwister-Scholl-Straße 8, 65197 Wiesbaden-Klarenthal
      14 5.7 1930 - 2130 1930 - 2130
      SC Klarenthal 1968 Kleine Sporthalle (elementary school)
      Geschwister-Scholl-Straße 8, 65197 Wiesbaden-Klarenthal
      14 5.7 1930 - 2130 1930 - 2130
      TG 1890 Naurod Kellerskopfhalle
      Laurentiusstraße 36, 65207 Wiesbaden-Naurod
      17 11 2000 - 2200 2000 - 2200
      TG 1890 Naurod International School
      Rudolf-Dietz-Straße 14, 65207 Wiesbaden-Naurod
      17 12.7 no tt no tt no tt no tt no tt no tt no tt
      TSV Auringen 1886 Mehrzweckhalle am Sportplatz
      Bremthaler Weg 2, 65207 Wiesbaden-Auringen
      19 15.3 19 - 22 2000 - 2200
      TuS Dotzheim 1848 Philipp-Reis-Schule Wiesbaden, Mühlborngasse 17, 65199 Wiesbaden 16 6.9 1800 - 2200 1900 - 2200 (by appointment) N/A
      TV 1846 Erbenheim Justus-von-Liebig-Schule
      Lilienthalstr. 11, 65205 Wiesbaden
      9 5.1 1930 - 2200 2000 - 2200
      TV Frauenstein 1884 TVF-Sporthalle
      Bürgermeister-Schneider-Straße 3, 65201 Wiesbaden
      11 10.3 1915 - 2300 2015 - 2200
      TV Waldstraße Wiesbaden Vereinshalle
      Buchenstraße 2, 65187 Wiesbaden
      8 3.2 2000 - 2200 2030 - 2230 (system training) N/A
      SG Germ. Wiesbaden Germania-Heim
      Teutonenstraße 2a, 65187 Wiesbaden
      10 4.3 1900 - ?
      SV Blau-Gelb Wiesbaden Heinrich-von-Kleist-Schule
      Lorcherstraße, 65197 Wiesbaden
      12 4.4 1800 - 2200
      SV Blau-Gelb Wiesbaden Goetheschule
      Goethestraße 6, 65203 Wiesbaden
      10 4.2
      TTC RW 1921 Biebrich Waldorfschule
      Albert-Schweitzer-Allee 42, 65203 Wiesbaden
      10 5.1 1930 - 2130
      TTC RW 1921 Biebrich Freiherr-vom-Stein-Schule
      Straße der Republik 6, 65203 Wiesbaden
      8 3.8
      TTC RW 1921 Biebrich Otto-Stückrath-Schule
      Albert-Schweitzer-Allee 40, 65203 Wiesbaden
      10 5.2
      TuS Dotzheim 1848 Kohlheckschule, Kohlheckstraße 43, 65199 Wiesbaden 15 6.9 1915 - 2200
      TuS Et. Wiesbaden 1846 Turnhalle Oranienschule
      Eingang Karlstraße, 65185 Wiesbaden
      13 3.2 1800 - 2200 1300 - 1700
      TV 1846 Erbenheim Hermann-Ehlers-Schule
      Tempelhoferstraße 57, 65205 Wiesbaden
      7 4.5 1930 - 2200 1500 - 2000
      TV 1886 Igstadt Jahnhalle
      Hauptstraße 15, 65207 Wiesbaden-Igstadt
      14 8.1 1900 - ?
      TV 1886 Igstadt Turnhalle der JVA
      Holzstraße 29, 65197 Wiesbaden
      12 5.2
      TV 1890 Breckenheim Sport- und Kulturhalle
      Am alten Weinberg, 65207 Wiesbaden-Breckenheim
      15 14.6 2000 - 2200
      SC Kohlheck Friedrich-von-Bodelschwingh-Schule
      Pörtschacher Straße 12, 65187 Wiesbaden
      10 5.4
      TuS 1883 Nordenstadt Taunushalle
      Heerstraße, 65205 Wiesbaden Nordenstadt
      13 9.8
      TuS 1883 Nordenstadt Karl-Gärtner-Schule
      Wilhelm-Dietz-Straße 5, 65205 Wiesbaden Delkenheim
      11 10.4
      TV 1877 Kostheim TVK-Sportzentrum
      Hauptstraße 12, 55246 Mainz-Kostheim
      12 12.8
      TV 1881 Bierstadt Theodor-Fliedner-Schule (kleine Halle)
      Fliednerstraße, Eingang über Parkplatz Biegerstraße, 65191 Wiesbaden
      10 4.7
      Now that is some serious research you've done there. Well done. You don't work for the secret service or something?

      Just jokin'. On a more serious note: good job.


      Generally speaking 2 times a week plus additional league matches is very usual. Clubs with teams in higher leagues might offer three to four times a week but most offer two to three days.

      As i wrote before i can strongly recommend the club where my friend coaches in Dotzheim, but i also know guys and gals from other clubs.
      WI-Nordenstadt plays pretty high, RW-Biebrich also, so does Erbenheim, but they went through some restructuring last year or so and all the guys i knew there have left the club. So not sure if i can recommend them.
      But a very good club is a little outside of WI in Kriftel. They have good coaches and strong teams.
      The highest team of them all would be Mainz05 which play in the 2nd Bundesliga. But i think they mostly offer youth and Pro coaching, so not sure if that's the best deal.

      Quote Originally Posted by Der_Echte View Post
      Until you get some training going on, get a collapsible tripod and smart phone adapter to take some vids of a fw minutes of your sessions and post on TTD. Some half-azz clowns like Der_Echte and others can give you some impractical and useless advices and direction of what to do and how. Just be realistic, be very patient with timeframes for improvement, and use a really good bullcrap filter, especially when Carl and Der_Echte say anything. Occasionally, we might say something or value, but sift out the chaff, it is a good skill. Heck, you are likely pretty good skilled at that already.
      This is always a good option. The cam just doesn't lie.
      Last edited by Suga D; 02-17-2018 at 12:46 PM.

    18. The Following User Likes Suga D's Post:

      Der_Echte (02-17-2018)

    19. Top | #31
      mrsidespin is offline
      says Wiesbaden, Germany
       
      TTD Member Country: United States


      Join Date
      Feb 2018
      Posts
      15
      Reviews
      Read 0 Reviews
      Liked 13 Times in 7 Posts
      Suga D,

      Roland Tedjasukmana offered to coach me in Erbenheim on Saturday’s from 9-1130. I believe he also coaches out of Kriftel which I believe he says is the nicest. Saturday is going to be hard trying to be consistent because it’s our busiest day of the week. Most ideal for me would be right after I get off work M-F or early Sunday. It also helps for the location to be close. If you have training times for any available and willing coaches you know please feel free to post. Thanks again for all the info here. I’ll revisit tm when I wake up.


      Quote Originally Posted by Suga D View Post
      Hahaha

      Thanks for the kind words.
      But meeting you has been a blessing, too. Hopefully i'll soon make it to visit David and return the favour.



      Hahaha. Understood. Won't do it again.

      Your memory of Wiesbaden is excellent.



      Great. Just saw that you also answered my pm. Gonna write back after this here.



      Although this used to be true and still is true in many areas there are also areas where the situation is changing.
      For instance our club didn't have anymore youngsters and teenagers when i came back from my hiatus six years ago. Just old folks and even some adult beginners. And there are more clubs in the area where it's like that. IIRC the kids got less and less and the coach moved away because of his job after some time so the leftover kids then were sent to the neighbour club. Maybe i should add that our town of about 40,000 citizens has three (!!!) TT-clubs. Quite a bit imho (and proving Der_Echte's point).
      Nowadays we've got 4 - 5 kids (trying to get more) and thinking of forming a Youngsters team in the future.
      Not an easy task, so let's see how that goes.
      Oops, drifting OT a bit.
      Anyhow, what i wanted to say: there are also adults seeking for coaching.
      They might not be the majority of players but that doesn't mean they are not there.
      My friended coach and his team are well experienced in adult coaching. So there must be a reason for this.



      Now that is some serious research you've done there. Well done. You don't work for the secret service or something?

      Just jokin'. On a more serious note: good job.


      Generally speaking 2 times a week plus additional league matches is very usual. Clubs with teams in higher leagues might offer three to four times a week like the club but most offer two to three days.

      As i wrote before i can strongly recommend the club where my friend coaches in Dotzheim, but i also know guys and gals from other clubs.
      WI-Nordenstadt plays pretty high, RW-Biebrich also, so does Erbenheim, but they went through some restructuring last year or so and all the guys i knew there have left the club. So not sure if i can recommend them.
      But a very good club is a little outside of WI in Kriftel. They have good coaches and strong teams.
      The highest team of them all would be Mainz05 which play in the 2nd Bundesliga. But i think they mostly offer youth and Pro coaching, so not sure if that's the best deal.



      This is always a good option. The cam just doesn't lie.

    20. The Following User Likes mrsidespin's Post:

      Suga D (02-17-2018)

    21. Top | #32
      Suga D is offline
      says just spin harder
       
      Master TTD Member Country: Europe
      Suga D's Avatar
      Equipment:
      Blade Nittaku Killton
      Forehand Rubber BH BTY Tenergy05
      Backhand Rubber FH DHS Hurricane 3 Neo

      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      your Mama
      Posts
      2,730
      Reviews
      Read 5 Reviews
      Liked 3,435 Times in 1,755 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by mrsidespin View Post
      Suga D,

      Roland Tedjasukmana offered to coach me in Erbenheim on Saturday’s from 9-1130. I believe he also coaches out of Kriftel which I believe he says is the nicest. Saturday is going to be hard trying to be consistent because it’s our busiest day of the week. Most ideal for me would be right after I get off work M-F or early Sunday. It also helps for the location to be close. If you have training times for any available and willing coaches you know please feel free to post. Thanks again for all the info here. I’ll revisit tm when I wake up.

      Wow, have you met Roland? He's a very good and well respected coach and a real nice guy. He used to play Bundesliga back in the days and was long time coach of my best friend. If you see him it would be nice if you would tell him that a friend of David from Mörfelden recommended him.
      Would love to see the expression on his face when you tell him that.

      Anyways, i'll try to find out what will be your best bet and'll let you know.

    22. Top | #33
      Baal is online now
      says Ba'al has spoken
       
      Master TTD Member


      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      Houston, Texas
      Posts
      2,290
      Reviews
      Read 8 Reviews
      Liked 3,929 Times in 1,576 Posts
      Suga my brother, just let me know when it happens!

    23. The Following User Likes Baal's Post:

      Suga D (02-17-2018)

    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  
    Log in or Register
    BACK TO TOP