New Commentator in Action!

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
So we have a new ITTF commentators. I'm not to sure when Jonathan's début was but I believe it was the recent Men's Team World Cup 2011. Over the last few years of surfing the web about table tennis I have seen a lot of complaints about the commentators used in the ITTF live streaming.

So It lead me to wonder what do you all think of our new commentator Jonathan Cowen. He commentated the final of the Men's Team World Cup.

My personal opinion? I think he is great! very passionate and gives a lot of good tips. The balance is good!

top_img.jpg

The new ITTF commentators: Sebastian Hallen on the left, and Jonathan Cowen on the right

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2011
I´m not sure, if I heard them. But generally, I think, these guys should not try to prove how much they know about table tennis. Neither the tecnical side nor the privat stuff about the players. It sometimes seemed to be a bit schoolmasterly. I think most of the viewers know enough about tt, otherwise they would´nt follow the streaming.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I´m not sure, if I heard them. But generally, I think, these guys should not try to prove how much they know about table tennis. Neither the tecnical side nor the privat stuff about the players. It sometimes seemed to be a bit schoolmasterly. I think most of the viewers know enough about tt, otherwise they would´nt follow the streaming.

I agree. A couple of times I heard them talk about how you can see that table tennis is a physically demanding sport after a great rally. Or they explain that the side of the table does not count and the edge does. People who tune in to ITTV are table tennis fans I think, there's no need to explain the sport ;)
Also sometimes one of them likes to go into whisper mode to make it sound intense or something, but I don't like that either :p. But it is good to have a variety of commentators in the end to cover all the different events. But I hope those commentators will change the stuff I mentioned here. It is a bit silly to me at times.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2011
Read 7 reviews
I loved the commentary I last saw.. there was a guy who speaks chinese and english and this was really great to hear him translate what Liu Guoliang is telling to his player, to hear words of wisdom translated!
I really wondered so many times what they are telling them!
So now I know, hehe..

Anyways, I enjoy that there are these new commentators, I hope they will get better and better!
Thumb up!