11-0 Good or Bad?

says http://www.facebook.com/video/?id=100002098293963
says http://www.facebook.com/video/?id=100002098293963
Sep 2011
Person scoring 11 first is winner till he wins the point 11 I would appreciate that the winner should allow the opponent to score few points In the interest of game .

says Hello FbERN! I think it is a good choice :)
Dec 2012
Just to give my precious input (lol) :
If i lead 10-0 and i play against somebody i know (i.e. my club or so) ofc its nice to give them a point as some statements were made before :)
Only if i really dislike the opponent and i have to psychologically tackle him (which is rare though)

On the contrary:
If i am down 0-10 and get a point for free from my opponent, i "chooo" very loud and if spectators are present i look at them and make some silly gestures or say: "Did u say this majestetic point?"
Just because it's very unusually to have a chance after 0-10 and a laughter is always nice :)

Reactions: Dan
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Just to give my precious input (lol) :
If i lead 10-0 and i play against somebody i know (i.e. my club or so) ofc its nice to give them a point as some statements were made before :)
Only if i really dislike the opponent and i have to psychologically tackle him (which is rare though)

On the contrary:
If i am down 0-10 and get a point for free from my opponent, i "chooo" very loud and if spectators are present i look at them and make some silly gestures or say: "Did u say this majestetic point?"
Just because it's very unusually to have a chance after 0-10 and a laughter is always nice :)
That makes you this guy:

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
As to teh original question... Should I'z give away a mercy point at 10-0?

I answerz dat with a question and answer.

What was it that the Teacher in Conan the Barabrian asked Arnold Schwarzenegger?

What is best in life?

Mongol General: Wrong! Conan! What is best in life? Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women

Having said that...

Do any of you think I will give away a point at 10-0 or at any time?

You lost your ever-lovin' freekin' mind?

I would only do that if it wasn't a real match, a practice match with a certain objective to practice a shot or combination series, or if giving away a point would really piss off the opponent and put him into a rage.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2012
Considering I don't participate in leagues or competitions in Australia, and only just in region and state 'school' competitions, our mindset is simple; if we VS someone whose skill set is... 'lower' than me, then I give them a point or even two or three points. If I approach the finals match against someone who has the same skill set as me or better yet, a high skill set than me, then I know that if I do 'happen' to get 11-0 (impossible for me!), then I wouldn't stand back at all, regardless of sportsmanship or not. You're at the finals, so you have to give it all you got!

But in general though, yeah, I give a point to the opponent when i'm at 11-0, leading :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2012
I have done it once and I felt pretty bad about it. Won't do it again. Samsonov could have done that to Xu Xin here in the 4th game (starts at 4.45). I love his demeanor in this game. He does not cho or celebrate when he goes 10-0 up. He nets the return at 10-0 and Xu Xin acknowledges that. Sportsmanship is beyond languages and winning games.. :) Gentleman that Samsonov!

Dec 2012
I have done it once and I felt pretty bad about it. Won't do it again. Samsonov could have done that to Xu Xin here in the 4th game (starts at 4.45). I love his demeanor in this game. He does not cho or celebrate when he goes 10-0 up. He nets the return at 10-0 and Xu Xin acknowledges that. Sportsmanship is beyond languages and winning games.. :) Gentleman that Samsonov!

That was one hell of a match!