Outer ALC blade with Koto-venner and Ayous core?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Outer ALC blade with Koto-veneer and Ayous core?

Hello everybody,

I am still looking for my perfect blade.
Currently I am playing a DHS H301 (Koto-Ayous-ALC-Ayous-ALC-Ayous-Koto, 5.9 mm thick).
That's very close to what I'm looking for, but it might be a bit stiffer.

My idea now was to look for a blade that has the same venner-structure, only the ALC fibers shifted outwards -> Koto-ALC-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-ALC-Koto.

The blades I found with Koto-veneer and ALC outside are all more or less Viscaria clones (with Kiri core).

But I would like to change as little as possible for my next test, so the question:

Does anyone know a blade with the desired structure?

VG, Andi

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Do you think your reply makes any sense? Please re-read my question and you can answer my question by yourself!

No need to get angry. I know your main idea was to move carbon outside - nothing wrong with that. It's just this three layers of the same wood part caught my attention. I don't remember such structure in any blade - or maybe I'm wrong?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Lots of blades with:

Ayous-Ayous-Ayous

or even:

Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous

Here is the construction of a Clipper:

Limba-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Limba

However, I am not familiar with a blade that has ALC and Ayous-Ayous-Ayous.

There may be one out there. But I am not sure. What is it that you do not like about the ALC blades with the Kiri core?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
ah sorry ok - "Stiga Clipper, Carbonado etc. " ... sure. Just curious, are those "Ayous-Ayous-Ayous" or something else?

Actually I wonder what would be the difference between i.e. "Koto-Carbon-Ayous-Ayous-Ayous-Carbon-Koto" and just "Koto-Carbon-Ayous-Carbon-Koto".

this is quite interesting question, but could you be so kind and hold this thread clean? And open a new one. Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Nittaku Tornado King Power

Tornado King Power has inner ALC (or Carbon-Kevlar-Layers):
20160901014926755.jpg

Tornado King Speed has outer Layers, but Limba outer ply:

d7(792).jpg

says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
The Tornado King Power is close, but has ALC near the core (koto/ayous/alc/ayous/alc/ayous/koto). With the ALC beneath the outer layer, I'd expect a rocket launcher. Which is what you might be looking for, I don't know.

You can have your cake and eat it if you commission a blade builder. I'm very happy with the blade http://www.dattblades.com built to my specifications (koto/limba/alc/kiri/alc/limba/anegre). If you want a koto/alc/ayous/ayous/ayous/alc/koto blade, you can order one and get one in roughly a week.

almost similar feel but try Xiom Feel AX and Zeta Offensive Carbon.. take note the Feel AX is a best seller in my place. It sold 30+ blades in a month because it is a really good blade in terms of ease of use, good speed and control ration and most of all costs about 60USD only.

If you want something stiffer but still remain same feeling. Instead of moving out the alc, you can change the outer ply.
968-5 is on such example. it has ebony outer ply. ( ebony - ayous - alc - ayous- alc - ayous - ebony).
But it is the DHS provincial custom made. The price is still high. (>£250)

Anyway, it is the closest you your demand.

says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
says I would recommend all wood. Samsonov Alpha sgs is the...
Nov 2017
Read 8 reviews
The wood layers aren't necessarily aligned all the same way so it makes sense to have stuff like ayous ayous ayous. Depends on the design.

Anyway a custom blade is what you're looking for, though I'm not sure why viscaria doesn't do it for you in that case

Reactions: jawien