Liam Pitchford defeats Harimoto... youngster all hype??

This user has no status.
That seems quite an unfair way to talk about Pitchford, seeing as he took Ma Long to five at The Rio Olympic team event and is in great form at the moment. However, I see where you're coming from with Harimoto, his head isn't quite there yet, especially with the English crowd in the arena and him being occasionally too cocky.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2010
Read 19 reviews
That seems quite an unfair way to talk about Pitchford, seeing as he took Ma Long to five at The Rio Olympic team event and is in great form at the moment. However, I see where you're coming from with Harimoto, his head isn't quite there yet, especially with the English crowd in the arena and him being occasionally too cocky.

Fair point James i edited slightly as i was a bit harsh. I went on a bit of a rant. I thought Harimoto was going to take down this tournament. He should have lost to Omar Assar today to.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
I actually didn't find this surprising at all. Liam is playing incredibly well and I thought Harimoto was bound to lose his mental composure at some point. This is actually a good thing for Harimoto, I'm sure he'll learn a lot from it.

What's up with these posts trying to create drama? Can't we just enjoy the amazing table tennis? :)

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Harimotto....how old is he? 14? He beat Mizutani? He beat Boll? He beat Samsonov? How old is he again?

Are you really asking this:

All hype? Can he win a major?

Is there really anyone who has done more before they were 15?

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
I actually didn't find this surprising at all. Liam is playing incredibly well and I thought Harimoto was bound to lose his mental composure at some point. This is actually a good thing for Harimoto, I'm sure he'll learn a lot from it.

What's up with these posts trying to create drama? Can't we just enjoy the amazing table tennis? :)
Well, the seniles in the EC wanted drama. Now they've got it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2015
I was talking to a coach from JNT the other day and his win at All Japan Championships was not really suprizing for those at National traing center as no one in JNT was able to beat him in practice matches prior to the tournament.

He is going to drop few games (just like everyone else except ML and FZD) but I'm pretty sure that is going to become rarer as the time goes on.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Pitchford just annihilated Calderano too.

Yeah. I was watching a recent French league match highlight reel with Liam and Mattenet. And both players were on but Liam was just punishing Mattenet. And I just realized that it was suicidal to be a backhand player vs Liam. I thought it was just that one match but Liam just showed it wasn't a coincidence. The only player that has beaten him so far has a forehand on that side of the table.