Yinhe Apollo 5

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
http://tt-maximum.com/shop/rubbers/yinhe-milkyway-apollo-5-sponge-37

Google translate for those who don't speak russian:

[FONT=&quot]This development, released in the second half of 2017, belongs to the class of hybrids (between Chinese and European rubber). It is capable of furious rotation and powerful attacks.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Even this version of 37 degrees is not soft at all. As well as it is necessary to explanatory overlays of the given type which YINHE is famous for, it brutally powerful rotates (in skilful hands) and approaches for the most different variants topspina. Designed for technically advanced tennis players, in no way for beginners.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Topspins - the main purpose of Apollo 5. She performs them simply enchantingly. And the rotation is brutal, and the speed you want, and the accuracy is magnificent.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A game other than topspin. The short game is very control, because the speed of a direct rebound is small, the ball does not shoot. A flat blow is quite decent, especially if on an immediate basis. The block is not very fast, but control and clear.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Topshit very, very tenacious and rotating. Even a slight touch of the ball with this pad can give a very strong spin. Thanks to this, she receives very good feeds. It feels rather hard, but at the same time resilient, due to which it is possible to create very strong rotation even with light movements.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Protection undercutting, in the hands of a modern defender - and that's okay. Excellent control for both such a powerful lining, and it's easy to alternate the washed flat-return.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]By weight - quite heavy. As well as it is necessary to overlays of this type.[/FONT]

Reactions: Ilia Minkin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I am not impressed. I have had 2 sheets of Apollo over 9 years. The first Apollo was extremely tacky and not too fast. It was very good for close to the table play where slow spinny opening loops are vital. The second sheet I bought was garbage. Never again.

Keeping the first sheet clean was a hassle. The TT balls picked up dust or dirt and it stuck to the Apollo.

I think it was the same two guys that made the video of the original Apollo.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews
I use the (softer) 36 degree version as a backhand rubber on my DHS H301 blade. It does the job perfectly well. It's very spinny and quite fast. Perfect for loops, flicks and for the short game. I'm very satisfied. I really like hybrid rubbers on my bh. I also play with Skyline 3-60 which is somewhat similar (bit slower I would say and less tacky).

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
The owner of TT maximum says apollo 5 is much better then commercial H3, says H3 not even in the same league. Any one have expirience with those 2 rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2020
The owner of TT maximum says apollo 5 is much better then commercial H3, says H3 not even in the same league. Any one have expirience with those 2 rubbers?

Yeah big parts of sellers have in descriptions something like better than h3 or superior to h3 provincial, but this are all bs, is just a way to sell more non dhs products and try to sell more other products other than h3

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
THOSE CLEVER Yinhe..

Yinhe manugacturer has played a foul joke upon ITTF. Yinhe have only made payment for one legal rubber, and then they marketed many, many more bastard rubbers. -- Apollo 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. and so on. :)
This all vividly reminds me
the old Jewish joke, when a large
Jewish family sails over the sea on
a steamer with a single travel ticket in hand..
And when the inspector comes
to check the tickets, they produce the same ticket to him time and time again..
Those clever Jews, Those clever Yinhe.

• Haha
Reactions: lodro
Has anyone tried or used this rubber? I was using it on a 5-ply defensive blade for 2 weeks. The topspin shots with this rubber were very inconsistent for me. I was either throwing the ball out of the bounds or right into the net. But I need to be sure if it is because of the blade I was using or the rubber itself. Rubber feeling was similar to Big Dipper but Big Dipper on an off blade was very consistent for me. So it this rubber more suitable for offensive blade?

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
THOSE CLEVER Yinhe..

Yinhe manugacturer has played a foul joke upon ITTF. Yinhe have only made payment for one legal rubber, and then they marketed many, many more bastard rubbers. -- Apollo 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. and so on. :)
This all vividly reminds me
the old Jewish joke, when a large
Jewish family sails over the sea on
a steamer with a single travel ticket in hand..
And when the inspector comes
to check the tickets, they produce the same ticket to him time and time again..
Those clever Jews, Those clever Yinhe.

I got about a 100 000 different Hurricane 3 and they all have the same number too.

Being a dopey old git , I have to write my rubber into a log booklet otherwise

I have to take the rubbers of the blade to find out what it is.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Has anyone tried or used this rubber? I was using it on a 5-ply defensive blade for 2 weeks. The topspin shots with this rubber were very inconsistent for me. I was either throwing the ball out of the bounds or right into the net. But I need to be sure if it is because of the blade I was using or the rubber itself. Rubber feeling was similar to Big Dipper but Big Dipper on an off blade was very consistent for me. So it this rubber more suitable for offensive blade?

Yes. I tried this one. I recall it was quite spinny, but not like H3N, and fast for a Chinese rubber. I found it very consistent, but I played it on a 729 V6 blade (I think). Very good for flat hard hits as well, so not just for brushing and so...

Yes. I tried this one. I recall it was quite spinny, but not like H3N, and fast for a Chinese rubber. I found it very consistent, but I played it on a 729 V6 blade (I think). Very good for flat hard hits as well, so not just for brushing and so...

It is really spinny I had hard times even fh chopping on my defensive blade, which I do normally execute very well. I will try to re-glue it on an off blade to see how the rubber utilize. Either my blade is the problem or maybe the factory glue on the rubber make it unstable on first use

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews

This rubber comes in many different degrees of sponge hardness (36 to 40). Which one do you have? I have played with the softest version (36deg) on my backhand. It's a fast, spinny and cheap do it all Chinese hybrid rubber (tacky top sheet, dynamic sponge) which I liked on bh. I couldn't detect any inconsistencies.

This rubber comes in many different degrees of sponge hardness (36 to 40). Which one do you have? I have played with the softest version (36deg) on my backhand. It's a fast, spinny and cheap do it all Chinese hybrid rubber (tacky top sheet, dynamic sponge) which I liked on bh. I couldn't detect any inconsistencies.

I have 37 degree

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2020
Read 3 reviews
I was using it on a 5-ply defensive blade for 2 weeks. The topspin shots with this rubber were very inconsistent for me. I was either throwing the ball out of the bounds or right into the net. But I need to be sure if it is because of the blade I was using or the rubber itself. Rubber feeling was similar to Big Dipper but Big Dipper on an off blade was very consistent for me. So it this rubber more suitable for offensive blade?
Some of the things you write in your post are really difficult to understand. First of all, Apollo 5 is fast and spinny, so it is definitely an offensive rubber (especially the 37 deg version). Are you a defender or an attacker? Why do you switch between def and off blades? The rubber probably seems inconsistent to you because you switch between extremes. That wouldn't be very surprising tbh.