Looking for help choosing new blade in off- region

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Primorac Japan or Europe version? Because to be honest I find quite a difference between the two.
Europe feels like it has harder outer layer (different limba?) and is much more similar to Timo ALC (in terms of a hard feel, not the speed) in my opinion. I'm thinking going back to it - speaking about off(-). Japan version I currently have is just too soft and flexy.

Yes the European and Japan versions of Primorac and Korbel are quite different. The Japan versions are finer better quality builds resulting in softer blades with more dwell time, whereas the European versions are harder blades with more speed and less feel but still good blades.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Yes the European and Japan versions of Primorac and Korbel are quite different. The Japan versions are finer better quality builds resulting in softer blades with more dwell time, whereas the European versions are harder blades with more speed and less feel but still good blades.

Thanks for confirming it for me. I was just going crazy sometimes when people would talk just about Primorac with out making this distinction, like they were all the same. I felt like something is wrong with me.

Even Bty does not make any distinction and recognize the difference in their catalogs ...

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
You mean the JOOLA Rosskopf Emotion? I would prefer inner layer carbon, if its gonna be one 'carbon-like blade' because of the wood-feeling, or is it inner?

Yes thats the one but I retract my initial recommendations. I would say Stick with your blade and change rubbers or if you really want an upgrade go for the Stiga Offensive Classic or perhaps Korbel. I would wait to change blade until you join a club and really get a chance to see where you're at.

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
So after reading, ALC blades (Viscaria and clones) drop out of the blade list, now it is at follows (prices are without shipping):
- Xiom Offensive S - 30€ - is it really faster than Korbel?)
- Cornileau Simon Gauzy Quest Off - 35€
- Butterfly Primorac- - 40€ for euro version, 60€ japan version
- Butterfly Petr Korbel - 45€ for euro version, 70€ japan version
Euro or Japan Version and better a heavier Primoarc- rather than a lighter Korbel?
Or maybe a handmade blade similiar to primoarc, which would be around 50€?
- Stiga Infinity VPS - 50€ (hollow handle and apparently for some people a weird sound?)
- Nittaku Latika - 55€ + probably high shipping costs because no shop has it in Germany)
- Yinhe Earth E-4 - 45€ - is it a good Violin 'clone'?
- Nexy Peterpan - no clue where to buy it, from America 90€+
- DHS Hurricane 301 - 40€ without shipping, so probably + 10€ - does it hinder technique like BTY ALC blades do? - I really like the design :cool:

So, what do you think about those blades? Any I can give a pass and kick out of the list, because they aren't flexible or do have any downsights to them? And which has the least vibrations? As I said, my current setup seems to have some 'special' technologie which absorbs them to a certain degree. So I would prefer less vibrations aswell, because I don't want my hand to vibrate with the blade^^

You mean the JOOLA Rosskopf Emotion? I would prefer inner layer carbon, if its gonna be one 'carbon-like blade' because of the wood-feeling, or is it inner?

In line with Fabian, Kontra's and my own advice, I would forget about carbon, inner carbon and 7-ply blades and stick to a 5-ply all-wood blade that would give you a lot of feel, control and dwell time and allow you to develop the right strokes over time rather than consistently have to over compensate for a setup that's too hard, too fast or lacks control at this stage. Off of your list, these are good choices recommended for beginners, developing players and used by some pros:

- Xiom Offensive S
- Butterfly Primorac-
- Butterfly Petr Korbel
- Nittaku Latika
- Yinhe Earth E-4

For the BTY Primorac & Korbel, I recommend the Japan versions over the Euro, see my previous post, but the Euro are fine too. In any case, don't get a blade that's too heavy, keep it around 85g, no more than 88g. The setup can get quite heavy above that and stiff, which can hinder you trying to learn to brush the ball correctly, your touch in the short game...

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Of the blades in the running, I have H301, Primorac (probably euro version), PG7, and would throw into the mix Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive. I also have a Violin, but that is expensive (but beautiful). I would definitely go for the H301, with the proviso that it works very well for me with Chinese rubbers. I don't get on with tensor types too well on the FH. The 301 feels very wood like, and has an extra bit of pace over the Violin, or the Fang Bo 2 and PG5. The PG7 can be a great blade for the money, it helped me a lot in the early days.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
The Japan versions are finer better quality builds resulting in softer blades with more dwell time, whereas the European versions are harder blades with more speed and less feel but still good blades.
I did read about that aswell. I would definetly go with a JP version then. Is it normal that only Butterfly sells those blades?

Yes thats the one but I retract my initial recommendations. I would say Stick with your blade and change rubbers or if you really want an upgrade go for the Stiga Offensive Classic or perhaps Korbel. I would wait to change blade until you join a club and really get a chance to see where you're at.
I don't know if it is a good choice to change rubbers because of the 'weird' headsize of my blade with 155x153mm. After buying a new blade with a 'normal' headsize the rubbers would be too small..
And buying a new blade just after entering a club seems a bit EJ like :rolleyes:

- Xiom Offensive S
- Butterfly Primorac-
- Butterfly Petr Korbel
- Nittaku Latika
- Yinhe Earth E-4

For the BTY Primorac & Korbel, I recommend the Japan versions over the Euro, see my previous post, but the Euro are fine too. In any case, don't get a blade that's too heavy, keep it around 85g, no more than 88g. The setup can get quite heavy above that and stiff, which can hinder you trying to learn to brush the ball correctly, your touch in the short game...
Does it have any reason you don't mention the Infinity VPS? Do you know where to buy the Latika? And what would you rather get, a 'heavier' Primoarc or a 'lighter' Korbel?

The 301 feels very wood like, and has an extra bit of pace over the Violin, or the Fang Bo 2 and PG5.
How does the H301 compare to the Primoarc-? I probably would have already dropped the inner type carbon H301 from the list. But as you know, some people look for the design aswell and the H301 looks pretty good imo. :D

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
- Nittaku Latika - 55€ + probably high shipping costs because no shop has it in Germany)
- Nexy Peterpan - no clue where to buy it, from America 90€+

...https://www.spinfactory.de/hoelzer/peterpan.html ...or... https://www.spinfactory.de/hoelzer/latika.html...;) (maybe you have found it yourself by now)

BTW, the Infinity is actually a pretty good blade. It does have a strange hollow sound and vibrates quite a bit, but the control in the short game and on loops is very good. The build quality of my Infinity is also more than statisfactory. Some people still bash on Stiga blades because of delamination of the top ply, splinters and stuff like that, but at least in regards to the Infinity I cannot agree with them. The handle is very comfortable; in contrast to many other blades whose handles are rather slippery, the handle of the Infinity is pretty raw (without splintering...) and therefore comfortable to hold.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I don't know if it is a good choice to change rubbers because of the 'weird' headsize of my blade with 155x153mm. After buying a new blade with a 'normal' headsize the rubbers would be too small..
And buying a new blade just after entering a club seems a bit EJ like :rolleyes:

You could just buy a solid ALL blade and the club along with equipment can take you to a much higher lvl in which you will know much clearer what you desire, want and need.
I would personally stay away from Tenergy too but if it's what you're used to and will play regularly when joining a club then it can be ok

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
...https://www.spinfactory.de/hoelzer/peterpan.html ...or... https://www.spinfactory.de/hoelzer/latika.html...;) (maybe you have found it yourself by now)

BTW, the Infinity is actually a pretty good blade. It does have a strange hollow sound and vibrates quite a bit, but the control in the short game and on loops is very good. The build quality of my Infinity is also more than statisfactory. Some people still bash on Stiga blades because of delamination of the top ply, splinters and stuff like that, but at least in regards to the Infinity I cannot agree with them. The handle is very comfortable; in contrast to many other blades whose handles are rather slippery, the handle of the Infinity is pretty raw (without splintering...) and therefore comfortable to hold.

Well, I found those links aswell. But if you acutally click them, they are a dead end '404 not found'. Ah ok, but it seems the shop has them now, some hours ago when I tried the search option on their site the products weren't available.
The next days I will go to a tt store anyways to hold some blades in the hand, maybe test one or two. But the Latika is probably one the store doesn't have, so it will be difficult to test it.
Is there a site which has information about the handle dimensions? I just don't want a blade with a thin grip as I have now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Consider Yinhe N-11s as well. It’s a very good blade for a beginner. If you want something a bit faster, I can tell you that Palio CAT is also a damn fine blade. It’s a balsa carbon composition, but it is not very fast at all if you put Chinese rubbers on it. These are fairly cheap blades, and you can find them in AliExpress or Eacheng or similar shops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Well, I found those links aswell. But if you acutally click them, they are a dead end '404 not found'. Ah ok, but it seems the shop has them now, some hours ago when I tried the search option on their site the products weren't available.
The next days I will go to a tt store anyways to hold some blades in the hand, maybe test one or two. But the Latika is probably one the store doesn't have, so it will be difficult to test it.
Is there a site which has information about the handle dimensions? I just don't want a blade with a thin grip as I have now.

Both the Latika and the PeterPan are available at spinfactory, the Latika only in flared. Flared handles by Nittaku tend to be rather thin I read, and even though I haven't played with the Latika I consider it a bargain. 55 € for a Nittaku blade Made in Japan!. I mean, come on...

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I just can say I make most of my mistakes with serves or short game.

This is the most important piece of information. Think about it for a while. Then ignore everyone else. And listen to what Fabian said first:

Get a Primorac Off- with Vega Intro.

Get a Primo Off- then and get rid of Tenergy and maybe get Vega Intro or something like that.

Even if you think the T64 is good for you, the info you presented shows your judgement is likely at least a little off. And Fabian has made excellent posts to explain how he made his decision.

YOU DON’T need any more info than that. The rest is just noise to confuse you.

Listen to Fabian’s first post.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
How does the H301 compare to the Primoarc-? I probably would have already dropped the inner type carbon H301 from the list. But as you know, some people look for the design aswell and the H301 looks pretty good imo. :D

I far prefer the 301 over the Primorac, but YMMV. It has the extra pace and good short game with H3, and I find it easier to do stuff with the ball (I am not a high level player, so take it as you will). The Primorac is a good blade, and just about anyone should be able to go a long way with it, but the 301 has a little extra something (to me). I would use Euro/Japanese rubber with the Primorac.

Edit: Xiom Intro is the most catapulty (ie not very) rubber I would use with Primorac. It'a good choice.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
This is the most important piece of information. Think about it for a while. Then ignore everyone else.
Well, I think it is my 'technique' that lead to those mistakes. But one of the 'best' in the 'club' said its because my rubbers are done for.

And listen to what Fabian said first: Get a Primorac Off- with Vega Intro.
Primoarc- was one of the choices to go since the beginning.
But now after those blades were mentioned, I want to get the 'best' in terms of flexibility, feeling, etc. and vibrations. I know everyone is different and feels different. As I said, I probably will not like vibrations because I only have played with little since I got the current blade.

Even if you think the T64 is good for you, the info you presented shows your judgement is likely at least a little off. And Fabian has made excellent posts to explain how he made his decision.
I wanted to replace the rubbers anyway with the blade (I know, only replace one at a time..)
Rubbers I wrote down for the FH were:
Xiom Vega Pro (spinny, high catapult); Nexy Karis M (linearity+control and very high durability - 'incoming topspins are welcomed');
For BH: Xiom Intro, Xiom Omega V Euro and H3-50 37° Prov. (although it is rather for people with a better backhand?)
But those were originally planned for a rubber recommendation thread :)

Now back to the blades: More input/ experiences would be really nice ;)
- Xiom Offensive S - does it have a smaller handle than Primoarc and Korbel?
- Butterfly Primoarc- and Petr Korbel Japan Version - does it really matter which one?
- Nittaku Latika - which I really like, apparently top not quality, but probably thin handle
- Yinhe Earth E-4 - Violin 'clone'-good price, Violin is one of the best flexible off(-) blades
- Stiga Infinity VPS - thicker handle, apparently lots of vibration paired with 'weird' sound

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2017
Rubbers I wrote down for the FH were:
Xiom Vega Pro (spinny, high catapult)...

Now back to the blades: More input/ experiences would be really nice ;)

- Stiga Infinity VPS - thicker handle, apparently lots of vibration paired with 'weird' sound

The Vega Pro is indeed very spinny, however it does not have high catapult! Pretty much the opposite (reduced catapult relative to other modern products)...an MX-P or a T64 have a lot more catapult than the Vega Pro.
The Infinity ia available in four handle types: ST, AN as well FL whereas "Master" is regular flared and "Legend" is a thicker flared handle...

Last edited: