Looking for help choosing new blade in off- region

says MIA
says MIA
Nov 2016
Okay. Now more info:

1st. What QWERTY said about 10 blades that weigh the same would be a good starting point. 10 from each.

So let me talk about 10 blades. If the sample size could be 50 or 100, that would be even better.

Because wood is something that was alive, all wood is different.

Name a blade. Any blade. If you take 10 of them, they will all feel a little different. Even though they are the same kind of blade, the same construction, gluing process, thickness of plies etc.

If you took 10 of the same blade that were the same weight, they would feel closer to the same. But still, not the same.

Some blades will feel better than others. Now, what a beginner feels as good, I am really not going to take that into consideration. Because, generally, a beginner really does not know what they want to feel in a blade. Which is part of why those online reviews are so much a waste of time. 70% of the people writing them have no idea what they should be feeling.

So with a smaller sample, the likelihood of trying a good Euro blade and a bad Japan blade or vise versa is pretty high.

The likelihood of the tester to decide that the one he thinks should feel better feels better also is high. So the chance that confirmation bias gives you a false positive or many false positives is high.

And then you take into consideration that the people testing the blades may not have a clue what to look for is high as well. Now, that sounds like a recipe for poor quality test results.

Sorry. But if I had someone who I really trusted tell me they tested several euro vs jp Primoracs and thought the jp was better it would mean more to me than from someone who I am not 100% sure can tell the difference.

I agree 100% with you here. This is why I said early on and even several times that he'd be ok with either version of the Primorac, they're not that much different, especially to a beginner. But if I had to recommend one, I'd recommend the JP based on the Euros I've seen and played with, that is if someone needs a bit more control and feel.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
I have 3 Korbel blades, euro Korbel v., Jap Korbel v. And, Korbel with black tag (ancient Korbel) I've felt the ancient despite to be old and very punished, better in lightness, less headheavy, more consistent, but a bit slower, even my shots were luckier, I have a Yasaka Sweden extra (all+; off- with hard rubber) and it's less controllable because I've sticked soft rubbers, and a Yinhe E3 with non tensor rubber and it's more controllable, a little bit less feeling than Korbel, but i have to put much more effort to get the same speed and spin, and in short games over table is awesome. Sorry but wanted post smtg, much time working and not much fun.

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk
What rubbers do you use on e3? I have this blade, I do not know what to put on it. My e3 weighs 81g.

Reactions: dominus7
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2017
It depends to your previous setup , if you play with chinese rubber is different than euro/jap rubber, I'm learning the chinese stroke so I have to effort to do it correctly in terms of strength particularly, euro/jap rubber are tensor most of them so is less effort.
In my case I put Yinhe rubbers, a Jupiter 2 and a Venus 3, those are not tacky as h3n but enough to get good spin, I've felt lighter than h3n on both sides, so is a very good setup at least for me.
4ed5fbdf8a369e26b712a781a03528ce.jpg

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I just visited the store which sold the flaired handle euro Primo just 10 minutes before I arrived. Ordering would take 3 days.
Intro wasn't available in 2.0 (both colors) aswell. Ordering could take up to a week. :mad:

So, order the Primo and wait after that for the Intro? Or go with Vega Pro both sides which they had in stock? :rolleyes: Alternatively I could order the rubbers online but honestly I'd like to support local stores.

Ordering could take up to a week, yet this post was started almost 2 weeks ago! ;)

You really don't want to get the Vega Intro... do you?

Yeah. This is pretty entertaining. Why don't you order from TT11 and get whatever you actually want.

Reactions: thomas.pong
says The sticky bit is stuck.
says The sticky bit is stuck.
Jan 2017
Read 8 reviews
Yeah. This is pretty entertaining. Why don't you order from TT11 and get whatever you actually want.

Or order it at the local shop; voting for your locality by way of your wallet isn't that bad an idea. And you'll get what you want in a few days anyway, and probably have somebody knowledgable enough to "take ownership" and assemble it — seal it, glue the rubbers on, put on edge tape of your choice — as a matter of customer service.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Or order it at the local shop; voting for your locality by way of your wallet isn't that bad an idea. And you'll get what you want in a few days anyway, and probably have somebody knowledgable enough to "take ownership" and assemble it — seal it, glue the rubbers on, put on edge tape of your choice — as a matter of customer service.

With the fact that all the items would end up including free shipping from TT11 and he could have them seal the blade, but seems to want to do the sealing himself, I am not sure there would be a difference. But, nothing wrong with ordering and buying from the local shop. In USA I have gotten things I ordered from TT11 within a few days. So, I just thought you remove the middle man and the product comes straight to you and they have a large supply of products.

And at this point, if the OP really wants Vega Pro, it is really fine. It is a good rubber. And not a bad rubber to use to get used to modern Tensors. He will know if the ball flies all over the place and he keeps hitting long or dumping the ball into the net with the new rubbers. Or if he can control them.

If he can't control them, then he can always get Vega Intro or Mark V or Sriver. :)

Last edited:

KJA

This user has no status.

KJA

This user has no status.
Feb 2018
light brown is EURO
and darker grey is JAP (+has serial numbers)

Both are real. Please go page 3 (I think) of this thread, You'll have some info.

For those who are interested, i have received my Primorac now and there seems to be a new from 2017 version of euro primorac handle. This is how my look.

20180309_104522.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
For those who are interested, i have received my Primorac now and there seems to be a new from 2017 version of euro primorac handle. This is how my look.

Hah ... looks like my JP. Yous sure it has no JTTAA on the bottom of the handle? Well it should have serial number (no sure which side).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
The new euro version has the grey handle and the japan version the brown one. Thats how it is displayed at the butterfly site.
I now go with the euro version aswell, because there is a butterfly store relatively nearby who can give me the weight I want, whereas butterfly online says the can only differ between 'light' and 'heavy' and for them 85g is heavy and all above would be extra extra heavy.

@jawien Why did you tape off the showing of the Primorac logo?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
@jawien Why did you tape off the showing of the Primorac logo?

... funny business is going on with those Primoracs, I must say.

This is the habit of mine and people usually ask me about it : ) It is because when my fingers sweat during the game, they tend to slip on those plastic logos. I loose the grip in this area. This is why. I don't see too many people doing it.

Last edited: