This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
So far dima is not withdraw player listed, so I think he is going to play. Anyway we have to wait and check out by ourselves. Even if no chinese player is going to be in dima half still it is hard task for him to go to final. After new ranking system there are a lot of great players far and can meet dima early rounda, just to mention mizutani, calderano, yungsik, harimoto, Ueda and the guy from russia I do not remember his name. Anyway dima even when improved os not very consistent and do not have many gears. Still it is german open do everybody expects him to Play and go far. Maybe better solution for him is to withdraw...

This user has no status.
I guess ITTF knows that Dima would not play. Otherwise, it sounds really stupid that ITTF cannot calculate new WR correct.

asdf.jpg

Taken from Dimas Facebook Page. He atleast intends to play the German Open ... we will see I guess.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
I guess everyone there was mad at Boll for dissing the ITTF and the WR reform.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
ITTF new ranking system is a joke n btw FZD just announced he will not participate in the German Open n China TT Coaching Team will not place the players into the risk of overplaying n suffering possible injuries! Well done China a good decision made !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
http://www.ttplus.cn/publish/app/data/2018/03/16/134578/os_news.html
In this recent interview, FZD explained that he had some injuries and fatigue recently. He withdrew German Open to take a break and be ready for the upcoming Asian Cup and WTTTC.
FZD knows that Dima has chance to reach WR#1 if he played well at German Open. He said players have two dreams since young, world champion and world #1. #1 under new ranking system is more dynamic, but no less meaningful than the previous #1. However, #1 isn't everything. It's more important to win more champions.
He also thinks Dima and Timo are still the strongest rivals of CNT. Japan is catching up too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Fan Zhendong injured withdraws from German Open
https://www.ittf.com/2018/03/17/fan-zhendong-injured-withdraws-german-open/

Winner one week ago in Doha in a most impressive manner; never in serious danger of defeat, China’s Fan Zhendong has been forced to withdraw from the forthcoming Seamaster 2018 ITTF World Tour Platinum German Open; a waist injury is cited as the reason, although not serious it is considered that discretion is the better part of valor.

Now when Fan Zhendong won in Doha, his chances of being at the head of the list when the April Men’s World Rankings were announced were greatly enhanced but as to whether that became reality depended on performances at the Seamaster 2018 ITTF World Tour German Open.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Fan Zhendong injured withdraws from German Open
https://www.ittf.com/2018/03/17/fan-zhendong-injured-withdraws-german-open/

Winner one week ago in Doha in a most impressive manner; never in serious danger of defeat, China’s Fan Zhendong has been forced to withdraw from the forthcoming Seamaster 2018 ITTF World Tour Platinum German Open; a waist injury is cited as the reason, although not serious it is considered that discretion is the better part of valor.

Now when Fan Zhendong won in Doha, his chances of being at the head of the list when the April Men’s World Rankings were announced were greatly enhanced but as to whether that became reality depended on performances at the Seamaster 2018 ITTF World Tour German Open.
As long as Ma Long and Xu Xin don't withdraw, all will be well.

says Aging is a killer
I'm starting to understand what people mean about ITTF's articles.

Look at NL'S post35 above. General guidance is that sentences should be no more than 15-20 words long, up to 25 in unusual circumtances. Look at the length of those sentences.

Last edited: