Chinese academy in Europe?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
its a really cool idea i think. i'm looking forwar to see the training program. cant imagine it now. training every day? or 5 days in a month? for making it worthwhile the european player have to train a lot, i think. its useless if they just train 5 weeks in a year there. but it will make tabletennis much more interesting, if all have chances to beat the chinese players. and i think for china its fun too. i know it from myself. if a play against an oppenent who is a level under mine, its boring and its not fun to play. but if you have a game eye on eye youself are able to level up. hope that they will realize it soon

says hAHAHAHA THANX MATE :D
Mar 2011
its a really cool idea i think. i'm looking forwar to see the training program. cant imagine it now. training every day? or 5 days in a month? for making it worthwhile the european player have to train a lot, i think. its useless if they just train 5 weeks in a year there. but it will make tabletennis much more interesting, if all have chances to beat the chinese players. and i think for china its fun too. i know it from myself. if a play against an oppenent who is a level under mine, its boring and its not fun to play. but if you have a game eye on eye youself are able to level up. hope that they will realize it soon

Though I maybe in south east asia, I am backing this idea. It will be good for TT world. I believe different country have a different school of thought of how TT should be played, and styles. And like Matt said, I mean WHY SHOULDN'T IT BE IN NEW ZEALAND??!! hahahaha I'm all for it buddy!!

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
@ Carl - Why would any government help a population of 8000 domestic competitors to play a sport for the Olympic Gold in mind? When you look at any other sport in the Olympics Table Tennis is definitely at the bottom as far as selection and chances of winning. If we really want to get a facility up and running the first and foremost thing to do is grow the sport. And to do that you have to get into the High Schools and Colleges to teach the sport correctly and also get them to get students involved in it. If clubs would just stop the whole mentality of only playing with same level players then we could grow it to a point where our rating system would actually mean something in international standards.

What I was saying is that it is obvious that China puts money into the sport. The US government does not really put money into any sport. So where the money comes from the sport itself, like baseball, American football and basketball, that is where athletes in the US are most focused on going. I was not saying I thought the American Government would put money into Table Tennis. I said it would be nice if they would. The American Government does not really put money into any sports.

Mar 2011
I understand where you are coming from Carl. Unlike the bid 3 sports in the US, where they are run as big company or business, TT does not stand a chance. Years ago, soccer was going into oblivion. But look at it now. The MLS has grown and still growing. It would be nice IF the US government does put some incentive just to kick start the whole process.

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀
Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I understand where you are coming from Carl. Unlike the bid 3 sports in the US, where they are run as big company or business, TT does not stand a chance. Years ago, soccer was going into oblivion. But look at it now. The MLS has grown and still growing. It would be nice IF the US government does put some incentive just to kick start the whole process.

Yeah and not in just table tennis but all minority sports! All those volunteers out their desperate to improve their sport. Even the smallest amounts of money would go a long way.