HELP! - Killerspin MYt7 Pocket - Scratches on Table Surface

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2018
Hi everyone,

I purchased a Killerspin MYt7 Pocket (Black) and have had it for a little over a week. Immediately after starting to use the table the ball was leaving what appeared to be "dust" or wet marks on the table. Almost every time the ball was hitting at any bit of pace it was leaving a mark. I have played table tennis throughout my life and have done so on many different tables and never realized anything so drastic when it comes to ball marks or "scratches"

This is not taken care of by cleaning the table with any recommended products. I contacted Killerspin and the place I ordered the table and they are issuing me a brand new table at no cost to me. I am told that Killerspin tables show marks much easier than competitor tables. But these are not just "marks" these are SCRATCHES from the ball that are permanent. I will have my original table (Maybe defective?) as well as the replacement table they are shipping me.

Are all competitive tables made to show ball markings right out of the box after five minutes of play? I mean, IRREPARABLE ball marks? I didnt get a straight answer from Killerspin on whether or not the photos I sent were normal. They did say, "This is a defect we havent seen before" but I am scared the new table will have the same result. I am tournament approved balls as well.

Should I sell the new in box table and the old table as used and buy a different brand?
Should I rest assured and open the new table and believe that it will be fixed. (bad paint job or something on original)
If I should get a new table, what table should I get that is around $1,000 that WILL not have this problem?

Please help. I appreciate it!
-Concerned Ping Pong Player

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2020
Same issue

I recently bought MyT4 Table and I am having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution for this? were you able fix the scratches?

Thanks
Hi everyone,

I purchased a Killerspin MYt7 Pocket (Black) and have had it for a little over a week. Immediately after starting to use the table the ball was leaving what appeared to be "dust" or wet marks on the table. Almost every time the ball was hitting at any bit of pace it was leaving a mark. I have played table tennis throughout my life and have done so on many different tables and never realized anything so drastic when it comes to ball marks or "scratches"

This is not taken care of by cleaning the table with any recommended products. I contacted Killerspin and the place I ordered the table and they are issuing me a brand new table at no cost to me. I am told that Killerspin tables show marks much easier than competitor tables. But these are not just "marks" these are SCRATCHES from the ball that are permanent. I will have my original table (Maybe defective?) as well as the replacement table they are shipping me.

Are all competitive tables made to show ball markings right out of the box after five minutes of play? I mean, IRREPARABLE ball marks? I didnt get a straight answer from Killerspin on whether or not the photos I sent were normal. They did say, "This is a defect we havent seen before" but I am scared the new table will have the same result. I am tournament approved balls as well.

Should I sell the new in box table and the old table as used and buy a different brand?
Should I rest assured and open the new table and believe that it will be fixed. (bad paint job or something on original)
If I should get a new table, what table should I get that is around $1,000 that WILL not have this problem?

Please help. I appreciate it!
-Concerned Ping Pong Player