DHS National rubber authenticity?

This user has no status.
Good evening TableTennisDaily community ;) ,

I bought myself a DHS Hurricane 3 National Blue Sponge rubber with 2.2mm and 40° on ebay (yeah, I know, probably my first mistake :D ).

Anyways, I'm kind of suspicious of the authenticity of the rubber. Don't get me wrong, I already know that there are many fake rubbers out there but with the recent increase of sold ''national blue sponge rubbers'' I thought, why not ;)

So I bought the National Version with the White Package and I was wondering if one of you knowledgeable guys could tell me, if the one I have may be ''legit'' of not. What has me thinking are two things:
1. The sponge smells :D And I really mean smell lol. It kind of smells like a fresh tire for a bicycle, if I may say so ;) Jokes aside: If I leave the rubber out for a couple of minutes, the whole room smells :D
2. The printing on the sponge is backwards. The rubber print faces normally and the print on the sponge is upside-down :D

I'm not sure if this means anything or not, but for your help I'd be thankful. :)

Kind regards

Fabian

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Good evening TableTennisDaily community ;) ,

I bought myself a DHS Hurricane 3 National Blue Sponge rubber with 2.2mm and 40° on ebay (yeah, I know, probably my first mistake :D ).

Anyways, I'm kind of suspicious of the authenticity of the rubber. Don't get me wrong, I already know that there are many fake rubbers out there but with the recent increase of sold ''national blue sponge rubbers'' I thought, why not ;)

So I bought the National Version with the White Package and I was wondering if one of you knowledgeable guys could tell me, if the one I have may be ''legit'' of not. What has me thinking are two things:
1. The sponge smells :D And I really mean smell lol. It kind of smells like a fresh tire for a bicycle, if I may say so ;) Jokes aside: If I leave the rubber out for a couple of minutes, the whole room smells :D
2. The printing on the sponge is backwards. The rubber print faces normally and the print on the sponge is upside-down :D

I'm not sure if this means anything or not, but for your help I'd be thankful. :)

Kind regards

Fabian

Hold the rubber upside down.;) If you can still read it, then it can tell you what you need to know.:D Best wishes.:)

This user has no status.
IMG_5881.jpgIMG_5879.jpgIMG_5880.jpgIMG_5877.jpgIMG_5878.jpg

Good afternoon,

here are some photos :) Hope these help you guys :D

Kind regards

Fabian

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
My condolences.

Mine as well.
Just couldn't resist to chime in.

View attachment 15628View attachment 15629View attachment 15630View attachment 15631View attachment 15632

Good afternoon,

here are some photos :) Hope these help you guys :D

Kind regards

Fabian

Sorry to say, but your rubber looks a bit fishy to me. Could you take a close up pic from the sponge?

DHS put a little holographic sticker on the topsheet protection sheet on the right bottom edge containing an authentification code that you can check at DHS website. That sticker seems to be missing.

But it's not only that. Also the stamp on the sponge looks not right to me. I have an old white-package H3 (non-neo) and the stamp looks totally different. I'll try to take a photo in the next days and post it here.

Next time try to avoid eBay and rather buy from TT11 or ProTT

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
:D :D :D

Just my luck I guess :D Well, nothing I can do about it :( I think I'll just stick with european rubbers :D That way I don't have to worry about potential fake rubbers and the hassle of boosting those rubbers :D
Fabian

No no, I would say you should still buy this national version, just go to well established distributors like Suga mentioned (TT11 or ProTT).

My friend i.e. bought Tenergy 05 somewhere online and is was fake too.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
You could still try to forget you wanted that national version H3 and try this whatever rubber it is, maybe boost it, and judge it only by it's performance.
it might not be a 'real' national H3 but it could still be a good rubber.

I agree. It might not be real H3 National. But you can't tell if it plays decently without playing. You really have nothing to lose. You already have the rubber and have paid for it. You might as well boost it and at least give it a try.

But, with any TT equipment, if you see a deal that sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Especially if it is from an unknown seller.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suga D
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Funny, Haifu and DianChi seem a bit expensive. But Falco seems pretty inexpensive. And my memory is that Kailin seems pretty reasonable too.

Of course it is a choice and you could see what happens if you try to return the rubber and get your money back.
Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited: