says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
The Swedish National Championships 2018 has commenced!

kristiankarlsson2018.jpg

Kristian karlsson - Via ITTF Flickr

Top 10 Seeds

MEN

01) Kristian Karlsson
02) Anton kallberg
03) Jon Persson
04) Simon Arvidsson
05) Hampus Nordberg
06) Viktor Brodd
07) Harald Andersson
08) Par Gerell
09) Elias Ranefur
10) Simon Soderland

WOMEN

01) Matilda Ekholm
02) Linda Bergstrom
03) Jennifer Jonsson
04) Cristina Kallberg
05) Fillippa Bergand
06) Ellen Holmsten
07) Erika Front
08) Daniela Moskovits
09) Tilda Johansson
10) Michaela Karlsson

A fantastic event to follow, be sure to get involved on the TTD discussions.We can use this thread as a means to display all the latest results, videos and news from this National Championship Event! What are your predictions from each event.

This user has no status.
Are they airing this on the internet? stream

I don't think that match is scheduled to be streamed. Currently the only stream I get to work is showing an empty table. They seem to be struggling with the connection or something. But if it comes back up it should be on this link:
svenskbordtennis.com/PingisPlay/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
Kristian Karlsson wins the final on walk over after Jens Lundkvist's racket failed the test and he refused to play with his backup racket claiming his primary racket was legal.

It has even hit mainstream media. I can't post links as I have too few posts but dn.se has a fairly long article about this.

Jens is stating that "this is the biggest f**king scandal in ANY sport through out history".

His rubber(s) was thicker than the allowed 4mm. It would be interesting to know what rubber he uses.

Last edited:
Reactions: akoozab
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
What do people think about the decision from the refs? I mean if it's to thick then it shouldn't be allowed right? He complains that it showed different thickness on different parts. But that could just be uneven boosting or whatever?

Though I think it's weird that they only measured it before the finals and not in the early stage of the tournament.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
The SBTF has issued an official (?) statement:
http://smbloggen.socworldtour.se/2018/03/06/fortydligande-sm-final-herrar/

Synopsis: The rubber was too thick. He was offered to play with his backup racket. This is common practise at this level. They will engage the ITTF to do a quality assurance of the measurement device and the method used during the championship. End of story.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
Read 3 reviews
I thought it was rather ridiculous. From what I heard from a few people who attended the event, the measurement wasn't accurate. Either way, the average measurement was 4.09 and it can't exceed 4.04. Additionally, Kristian said it was ok for Jens to play with it. Why not just go ahead and play the final anyway? And of course there's the issue of them not measuring it earlier on in the tournament. As they didn't one could argue that it's unfair on all the players he played against with this "illegal", too thick rubber.

Reactions: safumin