Fan Zhendong using all wood blade at the World Team Cup

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 2 reviews
Just browsing some sites and saw this. Fan Zhendong using a all wood stiga blade at the World Team Cup last week.

These are the pictures taken from the match koki niwa and fzd.

FZD bat

fzdallwood2.jpg

Koki Niwa bat

fzdallwood1.jpg

Is FZD actually using the infinity here?

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
I edited my post thanks. I cannot see the composite layer in fzd bat?
If you know what to look for then you see it. There has been several threads about FZD using a all wood or composite blade. Conclusion was his is definitely using a composite blade. Whether it is the Viscaria or something else you have to judge yourself.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 2 reviews
If you know what to look for then you see it. There has been several threads about FZD using a all wood or composite blade. Conclusion was his is definitely using a composite blade. Whether it is the Viscaria or something else you have to judge yourself.

I have seen previous threads about it. But from the World cup onwards it looks like he is using a wood blade

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I edited my post thanks. I cannot see the composite layer in fzd bat?

It is always easier to see when you are looking at the side or bottom of the handle.

And it is worth using good quality photos where you can easily see all plies.

And definitely, the blade that doesn’t have H3 Blue Sponge is not something to judge by.

And, ILoveTT, even though you changed the label on the second blade, IF IT ISN’T FZD’s blade, why not just remove that photo? Why show a blade that isn’t FZD’s in a thread on what FZD might be using?

I would try and find some better quality photos that show the plies CLEARLY. And it is worth making sure you post photos of FZD’s blade if you are talking about FZD’s blade.

Aside from that, Giang is correct, if you know what to look for, you can see the composite ply.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Super Moderator
Mar 2012
Read 20 reviews
I have seen previous threads about it. But from the World cup onwards it looks like he is using a wood blade
I think it is pretty obvious it is a composite blade. I took the same picture as you posted and edited it and as you see there is a clear thin dark layer underneath the top ply. That can only be signs of carbon. If it’s a weave of arylate, zylon, Kevlar etc. and carbon it is difficult to see.

CFFAA668-A769-49E7-B20F-120B47C0F514.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2017
Read 2 reviews
I think it is pretty obvious it is a composite blade. I took the same picture as you posted and edited it and as you see there is a clear thin dark layer underneath the top ply. That can only be signs of carbon. If it’s a weave of arylate, zylon, Kevlar etc. and carbon it is difficult to see.

View attachment 15650

Thank you for this, for a minute I thought FZD had moved to a wood blade :eek:

Reactions: Giangt
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017

View attachment 15650
I am not convinced from a low resolution picture

JST

This user has no status.

JST

This user has no status.
Nov 2017
I am not convinced from a low resolution picture

Could you be more specific? You are not convinced that FZD used blade with ALC layer at Team World Cup or you don't think he uses it at all? Or in opposite you are not convinced that he is using Infinity (or other all-wood blade)?

its not viscaria

You think he isn't using Viscria at all or just that he dropped it for single tournament (for whatever reason) and then came back to his usual blade?