Fan Zhendong using all wood blade at the World Team Cup

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I hope this is not too much off-topic.

How come all the younger Chinese players are still using the older Viscaria handle and not the current one.

Hasn't it been a few years since the new Viscaria handle has been introduced? Does anybody know?

Do the CNT have a large storage of older Viscarias? Or are they really still using the same blade for quite some time?
Unless you are using multiple blades, you often use a blade for as long as you can. This is just a matter of someone using the blade he likes. I think we amateurs sometimes over think this stuff.

I know a coach who thinks that the newer Viscarias are faster but I also know a Viscaria expert (given his history with the blade this is not hyperbole) who likes the new ones and finds them decent ( he found some in the middle years not to his liking).

I also think the plastic ball has made carbon blades fans harder outer plies far more playable. I wouldn't be surprised if limba outer plies and all wood blades slowly went into obscurity at the pro level with the new plastic balls. This was happening with the 40 cell but I think it will happen even faster with the 40+ plastic.

Reactions: bobpuls
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Hey thanks to your reply.
While tacky rubber is linked to full swing I guess the quintessence about limba and Chinese technique isn't as clear as i always thought.

Folks in China don't emphasize about the top ply as much as the layers under, namely the spruce-ayous structure. Because the top ply is often the thinnest, it has the lowest effect on the overall behavior of the blade. The basic idea is to get a blade with the spruce-ayous structure and then find one with the top ply that suits your taste.

If you look up the models released by Stiga over the years, the spruce-ayous structure is a staple. They only tweak the top ply, mostly picking the hardest hardwood in recent years and then adjust the thickness of the various plies to arrive at a specific characteristic.

Hi all!
I know that theme of Fan's equipment it's like never ending arc on preview to Santa Barbara film. But do you look on his handle placement, because for me they look higher then on normal Viscaria. I mean that he place her handle up high and get Viscaria with dimentions like 155-156x150mm, but we know Viscaria is 157x150mm. These procedure make blade more stiff and more faster. What do you think?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Hi all!
I know that theme of Fan's equipment it's like never ending arc on preview to Santa Barbara film. But do you look on his handle placement, because for me they look higher then on normal Viscaria. I mean that he place her handle up high and get Viscaria with dimentions like 155-156x150mm, but we know Viscaria is 157x150mm. These procedure make blade more stiff and more faster. What do you think?
And you know this how? With a new electron microscope that works remotely that is yet to be invented?

And you know this how? With a new electron microscope that works remotely that is yet to be invented?
i said "FOR ME THEY LOOK HIGHER THEN ON NORMAL VISCARIA" - it's my opinion and not a super duper new electronic microscope. And i asked what do people think of this.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I think you're on thin ice and since it's been proven beyond a doubt that Fzd uses a Viscaria with Stiga handle I wanna know why posts like yours are being written? You wanna troll?

i said "FOR ME THEY LOOK HIGHER THEN ON NORMAL VISCARIA" - it's my opinion and not a super duper new electronic microscope. And i asked what do people think of this.

I think you're on thin ice and since it's been proven beyond a doubt that Fzd uses a Viscaria with Stiga handle I wanna know why posts like yours are being written? You wanna troll?
ok. let's do this again. what do you think, how to change feel and speed of your blade if you remove handle up in 1-2mm from 158-157x150mm to 156x155-150mm? maybe i do post in wrong place and wrong time (because when people hear Fan and his blade speculations, they want to kill you, offends and call you troll)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews

ok. let's do this again. what do you think, how to change feel and speed of your blade if you remove handle up in 1-2mm from 158-157x150mm to 156x155-150mm? maybe i do post in wrong place and wrong time (because when people hear Fan and his blade speculations, they want to kill you, offends and call you troll)
When those dimensions are quoted, they have nothing to do with the handle.and are usually focused on the size of the blade head/face.

Reactions: bobpuls
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
If you are serious about your enquiry then you're writing this in the wrong thread. If you change the dimensions of the blade the balance might change = it will feel different when playing.

When those dimensions are quoted, they have nothing to do with the handle.and are usually focused on the size of the blade head/face.
it's the main thing, that you got blade with one dimensions and make it another characteristics. I have realy cheap blade Tulpe T-702, they were to flexy for me and i try some experiments. i remove cups of hande and put it up 1-2mm, so make blade size 156-157 because first they were 158-159. And all feel of the blade is change, more stiff and more faster. That why i write on these theme because people talk of Fan equipment speculation, handle remove yes or not and why he do that.

If you are serious about your enquiry then you're writing this in the wrong thread. If you change the dimensions of the blade the balance might change = it will feel different when playing.
but you can remove balance point using only grip tape it's lil bit different things.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
it's the main thing, that you got blade with one dimensions and make it another characteristics. I have realy cheap blade Tulpe T-702, they were to flexy for me and i try some experiments. i remove cups of hande and put it up 1-2mm, so make blade size 156-157 because first they were 158-159. And all feel of the blade is change, more stiff and more faster. That why i write on these theme because people talk of Fan equipment speculation, handle remove yes or not and why he do that.

Again, if you reduce the length of the handle, you are not changing the blade head dimensions. You are just using a shorter handle. 157 by 150 is the blade head dimensions. It has nothing to do with the handle. If you are cutting the head of the blade, then you are changing the blade head dimensions. I have blades with heada that are 157 by 149, 157 by 150 and 156 by 150. They are all almost indistinguishable when I switch rubbers.

Again, if you reduce the length of the handle, you are not changing the blade head dimensions. You are just using a shorter handle. 157 by 150 is the blade head dimensions. It has nothing to do with the handle. If you are cutting the head of the blade, then you are changing the blade head dimensions. I have blades with heada that are 157 by 149, 157 by 150 and 156 by 150. They are all almost indistinguishable when I switch rubbers.
i did not cut handle lenght, only slide it up on blade and cut 1-2mm that left on down

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2011
Alex_RSH, yes if you remove the handle and glue it 1-2mm higher you will marginally increase the blade stiffness. The opposite is also true. However, it's impossible for us to know if FZD does this. If he gets the blade and just replaces the handle it would be logical to glue the new handle in the same place. I suspect the handle doesn't even have the dimensions from Stiga because his replacement blade has a Viscaria handle, so he must maintain those as similar as possible.

IMG_20190131_215245.jpgIMG_20190131_215323.jpgIMG_20190131_215346.jpgIMG_20190131_215356.jpgIMG_20190131_215521.jpgIMG_20190131_215542.jpg

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
cut like this two of my blade Tulpe T-702 and Yinhe V-14. made head size of this blade 157x150mm.
Now Yinhe V-14 feel more like new Viscaria that produced in 2018, more hard and stiff ans size identical.

This seems to take a long time and seems to be difficult. is it not tediously(looked this word up, so do not know if it is correct)? Seems easier to buy what you want from the beginning? but maybe you think this is fun to do.