What is the best Glue?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2016
Is Chack 2 good?
If you mean Butterfly Free Chack 2: no, it is not. Free Chack Pro is much better.
Glues like Revolution No 3 or Copydex are easier to remove.
But there is no need to remove FCP, because
1) the layer will be much thinner. So you can simply add another layer next time.
2) the glue is still sticky if the rubber is removed. So you can re-glue it without additional glue on the rubber.
If you are testing a lot, you can easily remove the rubber, if there are some layers of glue on the rubber.

If you mean Butterfly Free Chack 2: no, it is not. Free Chack Pro is much better.
Glues like Revolution No 3 or Copydex are easier to remove.
But there is no need to remove FCP, because
1) the layer will be much thinner. So you can simply add another layer next time.
2) the glue is still sticky if the rubber is removed. So you can re-glue it without additional glue on the rubber.
If you are testing a lot, you can easily remove the rubber, if there are some layers of glue on the rubber.

I ordered my blade from tabletennis11 with lacquering, so hopefully they did it. it says on the web site that they use Donic Formula First glue, not sure if it is any good.

I heard good things about Revolution 3, but someone said that the rubber feels dead after a little while... and it doesn't stick well to varnished blades.

I want glue that will not affect the rubber, sticks well and is fairly easy to remove.

Last edited:
says sorry i mean on skin
says sorry i mean on skin
Feb 2018
I ordered my blade from tabletennis11 with lacquering, so hopefully they did it. it says on the web site that they use Donic Formula First glue, not sure if it is any good.

I heard good things about Revolution 3, but someone said that the rubber feels dead after a little while... and it doesn't stick well to varnished blades.

I want glue that will not affect the rubber, sticks well and is fairly easy to remove.

nittaku glue fine zip does well to stick on a varnish blade i did that on my prov W968 blade

I use Xiom i-Bond and Tibhar Clue.

Xiom i-Bond is very thin, but strong. Easy to remove from the blade, difficult to remove from the rubber, but as it is very thin you don't have do it if regluing rubbers. I use on blades with softer touch, like hinoki outer, to keep the feeling.

Tibher Clue is thicker, it contains natural rubber, very easy to remove from blade and rubbers. I use it on stiffer and harder blades - it makes the touch a bit softer and gives a bit more dwell.