Xiom Vega Tour Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
We agree to disagree. There is something with the R50 that makes it not too hard. Even at 50 degrees the r50 feels like 48. I had all the rasanter versions before, the vt feels a tad harder. Also with the r50, it is easier to sink the ball against the rubber compared to the vt.

Vega Tour seems strange to me. It doesn't feel physically hard if you poke it with your finger, but in play it feels very...stiff for want of a better word. Hard to describe really. I didn't like it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2018
May someone compare the topsheet of VT, Rasanter and H3?
With the thicker sponge I assume that the sheet is gonna be soft to get faster to the sponge - on the other side u need some grip for services

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2018
I was producing incredible chops away from the table cause I let the ball sink in. Spin was amazing...but for some reasons I could not manage opening against pushes and chops. Rakza X was on the other side and it did much better, maybe because I am more familiar with it
I am a long time fan of xiom rubbers, used and tried most of them and probably will try the VT hoping the it will fit my attacking style, otherwise I will stick with the Rakza.
I like the fact that the VT is light and I'll be happy if it can offer a bit more than the VP, or Vega Japan. BTW are there similarities with the VJ? Where do they differ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
same

I was producing incredible chops away from the table cause I let the ball sink in. Spin was amazing...but for some reasons I could not manage opening against pushes and chops. Rakza X was on the other side and it did much better, maybe because I am more familiar with it
I am a long time fan of xiom rubbers, used and tried most of them and probably will try the VT hoping the it will fit my attacking style, otherwise I will stick with the Rakza.
I like the fact that the VT is light and I'll be happy if it can offer a bit more than the VP, or Vega Japan. BTW are there similarities with the VJ? Where do they differ?

Hello friends, yogi says vt is hard, airoc says it is softer then r 47. I believe .............airoc. Can some one compare XIOM VT to other well known rubbers? FOR example t05, or t80 or t64 ........... please.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Hello friends, bought VT black 1.8 mm. 16,9 x 16,8 mm. Weight 58,9 grams. Cut to my 157 x 150 mm blade
is 42 grams. Rubber is black and I can't see clear pips structure. But it is light. In 2.0 mm must be around 44.5
grams and in max must be around 47 grams. Will testing soon. TKS.

Reactions: langel
This user has no status.
I'm considering trying the Tour because I'm not very happy with Vega Pro on fast brush loops. It works fine, but not ideal, but the way the Tour's brush loops are described makes it very tempting to try. Can someone maybe record a variety of loops (slow loops, loop kills, sidespin hooks etc) and maybe compare it to common rubbers?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Hello friends, some new information, pips structure is between t80 and t05, rubber above pips is thin like rasanters and tenergy, sponge is 45 degree(euro scale) , softer than tenergy , plays good like all spiny 45 euro degree rubber, like tibhar select but with more tuning. I like xiom tuning it is strong and last long. See you soon and good luck.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Hi, some new information, bought a red one 1.8 mm too and with magnifying glass I saw different pips structure, VT has a bit thiner pips and space between pips is wider than tenergy. I have a friend, he work in factory with electronic microscope and will check better. In play VT has low trow then tibhar select. VT has close pips structure with omega 7 pro, but play with more spin and easy, may be because VT I bought is 1.8 mm and O7P is 2.0 .... don't know. In comparison with tibhar slelect, VT has low trow and less spin, select is a true spiny rubber but with 45 degree euro sponge. VT is 45 degree too but plays easy , less spin, low trow but not like omega 7 pro. O7P is too strange, more direct , low trow, less spin. I hope help, good luck.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Yogi, is there any chance you got an early example which does not match later production entirely (I'm thinking of tuning, in particular)?

There's quite a bit of contradicting information on this one, and I didn't go through the 1485 (!) associated posts on a French forum, but the consensus was that the sponge felt softer than Vega Pro, with guesstimates between 42 and 46 degrees. Not crazily demanding in play, although middle sponge thickness seems to get more votes. Rigid topsheet which hardly gets activated on lower power shots, still very grippy - that seems to match. Descriptions of throw angles are all over the place, although this won't be a first.

Maybe the blade you were using could also be a factor? Another thing I read a few times was that players preferred it on flexy all-wood. I know you have tested your way through hundreds of different rubbers, and I'm always glad to read your reviews but I am surprised at how different impressions can be.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Is it just me, or must either “elasto futura”, or “cycloid” be their name for 2.3mm sponge + thin top sheet?

(Reasoning: (1) xiom employees have confirmed on this forum that O7 has the thick sponge, thin topsheet structure; and (2) the only new tech names for o7 are elasto futura and cycloid. Hence the thought that one of these two terms most likely covers the thin sheet/2.3 sponge tech.)

If that’s the case (not sure), it sounds like VT might have that structure too.

Any info on this?

Being a xiom fan, I had to look this up to see what future elasto was all about. Perusing some korean forums/shops, here is what I understand about 'elasto futura' and 'cycloid.'

But before I do that, let's take a step back and understand the xiom tech path. Prior to elasto futura, there was physi elasto, and hyper elasto. In a nutshell:

1. Physi elasto is a NON-TENSION technology focused on increasing speed/spin while maintaining maximum control (e.g. MUSA)

2. Hyper Elasto is for their tension rubbers, and it focuses on what they call the 'big window.' The big window was a reference to the air space above the net, which hyper elasto is supposed to widen by increasing spin to speed ratio. Essentially, it improves spin so that the ball will curve back onto the table and not miss it. And also to note, Hyper Elasto employed IMB (internal mechanic boost), which was their tech to provide the tension effect in their rubber. I believe it was a property of the topsheet (vega, omega < 7)

Now... in the latest generation of xiom rubbers, we have... ELASTO FUTURA + CYCLOID. What does this mean? Well... this is what I can extract of bits of marketing material and what users are saying...

Elasto Futura is the next generation in the tech ladder that describes a behavior of the rubber, like physi/hyper elasto. The focus of Elasto Futura is increased spin and low throw while maintaining speed. Unlike big window that focus on high arc and spin-focused safety/forgiveness, Elasto Futura is all about increasing safety on low arc loops. They do this by implementing their cycloid technology, which essentially is the observed thin topsheet + pips structure that's talked about here. Doing this allows the ball to sink more into the sponge, and along with their dynamic friction tech on their topsheet, helps increase spin output more than the previous generation of rubbers. In play, the desired effect is the ball breaks/curves sooner, so your low arc balls safely hit the table.

disclaimer: whether or not this xiom tech works as described is not the point of my post. i just wanted to get a clearer understanding of their marketing terms, because i sometimes enjoy stuff like this. that is all :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Giovanni Greco
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Hi, all words describe tt technology are just marketing words. Like dozens words for acetylsalicylic acid in all over the word. It's nonsensе.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Hi friends, some new information. VT: topsheet-0.72, pimple-0.88, sponge-1.8, distance-0.72, pimple width-1.58
O7P: topsheet-0.72, pimple-0.88, sponge-2.00, distance-0.72, pimple width-1.61
Tibhar select: topsheet-0.72, pimple-0.88, sponge 1.7, distance 0.62, pimple width 1.7
T05: topsheet 0.72, pimple 0.94, sponge 2.2, distance 0.62, pimp. width 1.71
all in mm. Good luck.